Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
I put off getting my license for as long as I could, but I could not escape it in the end. neutral
Ah well, at least in these times of absurd gas prices it's good to have a hybrid car. 3nodding
I'll never be able to afford a hybrid car... sad

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
I was actually really surprised that I managed to get one; the waiting list was for a year. xp
It does cost a pretty penny monthly, but it sips gas.

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Saimyre
Astera_Renata
~Hmm, sounds like yours is kind of different. It takes at least two years to get a full license here unless you pay, like, $700 for one of the Driving schools to cut off four months.

I'm not hugely enthused about it, but I figure the sooner I get it, the less I'll have to pay once I can afford a car. ^^

I don't think we can get a full license until we get to be 17, but we can get a permit before that (15 is the youngest, I believe). Then you have to put so many miles on your permit (and be 17) before you can a license.

I'm not enthused about getting a car either, but I'm going to have to. Although gas prices are so insane that I think I'm going to be relying largely on the bus.

~We need to write the test, get our G1 and practice driving under the conditions allowed as much or little as we wish and wait at leat one year to take the next test, then take the G2 test and drive under the G2 stipulations for a year as much or as little as we wish, and then we are free! Free as birds, if birds drove cars! biggrin

I don't go anywhere, and anywhere I really want to go I can usually mooch a ride off my friend at this point. ^^ Plus, I'm scared of highways and have no monies. Or cars. So I won't be driving for a while.

But once I have my license, every year I have it, whether I drive or not, makes my future car insurance cost less. I'm all for the saving of car insurance money. 3nodding
Maybe I'll be able to afford them later on in life, but for now I couldn't possibly be able to afford one.

I hope we'll find alternate source of fuel soon.

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
All I've heard about are solar power and cooking oil.
If we could find a way to make fuel out of trash, we'd have a pretty darn clean world. ^^

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Saimyre
Maybe I'll be able to afford them later on in life, but for now I couldn't possibly be able to afford one.

I hope we'll find alternate source of fuel soon.

~We'll 'find' an alternate source of fuel the day after there's no more oil. 'Tis true.
Astera_Renata
Saimyre
Astera_Renata
~Hmm, sounds like yours is kind of different. It takes at least two years to get a full license here unless you pay, like, $700 for one of the Driving schools to cut off four months.

I'm not hugely enthused about it, but I figure the sooner I get it, the less I'll have to pay once I can afford a car. ^^

I don't think we can get a full license until we get to be 17, but we can get a permit before that (15 is the youngest, I believe). Then you have to put so many miles on your permit (and be 17) before you can a license.

I'm not enthused about getting a car either, but I'm going to have to. Although gas prices are so insane that I think I'm going to be relying largely on the bus.

~We need to write the test, get our G1 and practice driving under the conditions allowed as much or little as we wish and wait at leat one year to take the next test, then take the G2 test and drive under the G2 stipulations for a year as much or as little as we wish, and then we are free! Free as birds, if birds drove cars! biggrin

I don't go anywhere, and anywhere I really want to go I can usually mooch a ride off my friend at this point. ^^ Plus, I'm scared of highways and have no monies. Or cars. So I won't be driving for a while.

But once I have my license, every year I have it, whether I drive or not, makes my future car insurance cost less. I'm all for the saving of car insurance money. 3nodding

Sounds easy. I wish we had that system. blaugh

I'm not really scared of highways as much as I'm scared of being lost or crashing into something.

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Saimyre
Astera_Renata
Saimyre
Astera_Renata

Sounds easy. I wish we had that system. blaugh

I'm not really scared of highways as much as I'm scared of being lost or crashing into something.

~It might be easy, but it is expensive and takes a long time. Blah.

See, I'm not scared of getting lost because I think I'd just fall to the square pattern until I found myself somewhere recognizable. The highway thing, however, is coupled with the fear of crashing in my mind. ^^ If I picture crashing, it's always off that curved, high up in the air highway so I get to fall to my doom.

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
Well, unless your doom highway is railguard-less, I wouldn't worry too much. wink And the highway isn't bad; you just have to watch out for the n00bs of the road: people that cut you off, don't use their turn signals, zoom in and out of spaces like they're on the Autobahn, etc.
But if it bothers you that much, a study has proven that people who play video games tend to make better drivers due to their well-used hand-eye coordination. And they say video games are bad for you. biggrin

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
~And now I must go, as my grandmother is going to take me out to eat and stuff.
I like going over ramps when my parents are driving, though I suppose I'd be scared of falling off if I'm driving.

Oh that's right: Solar Power! But what do we do if the sun is hidden behind clouds and we don't have those ultraviolet rays to recharge out car?

Practiced Healer

25,550 Points
  • Cosmic Healer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
~If video games=l337 driving skills, then I should be awesome. XD But the rails are so small and curved, like ramps more than anything! D:

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
Saimyre
I like going over ramps when my parents are driving, though I suppose I'd be scared of falling off if I'm driving.

Oh that's right: Solar Power! But what do we do if the sun is hidden behind clouds and we don't have those ultraviolet rays to recharge out car?

Storage tanks? Dunno....
Aww heck, let's all take Captain Nemo's route and go electric. ^^
They do have driving simulators inside of arcades. Maybe they should use that for the driving test here instead of wasting gas.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff