Welcome to Gaia! ::

why do you think yu-gi-oh sucks?
Because the character's lives revolve around small peices of cardboard and people try to use trading cards to take over the world. Thats why.
Because when most people use them for toilet paper her uses them for a game. And the mosters and characters suck and yu-gi-oh's been on too much wacko!!

Divine Hellraiser

9,700 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Streaker 200
Yu-Gi-Oh! does not suck.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is God.

Obey God.

xD

But seriously, it isn't all that bad, in my opinion. And I even play the card game.

Call me a nerd, call me a dork, call me what you will. It's not like it is going to effect my overall opinion.

=/
:Roll: Better topic: Why does the Naruto dub suck? Why should 4kids rot in hell?

Yu-gi-oh sucks because it is poorly written. The concept isn't even really that bad, but it was horribly executed. It takes itself way too seriously. Like DBZ.
linneasbg
why do you think yu-gi-oh sucks?

the show is way overacted and cheesy
the cards are a total waste of money
it is really annoying in the hands of little kids
it takes up shelf space that could be used for something else much more productive
Melonius
Because the character's lives revolve around small peices of cardboard and people try to use trading cards to take over the world. Thats why.

The only reason it "sucks" is because the people in the entertainment business censored most of the crap on the show. If you watch the Japanese version it is 10x better than the one in english. The show of course is being watched by 13 years and below so who could blame them.
[ Cream Puff ]
:Roll: Better topic: Why does the Naruto dub suck? Why should 4kids rot in hell?

Same story with Naruto: Censored.

Dapper Phantom

5,100 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
<3 Agreed entirely. <3
xblackdogx
[ Cream Puff ]

Same story with Naruto: Censored.

Yes! At least in the Japanese one he isn't saying "believe it" the whole time. And there is absolutelly no blood in the english one!
I hate 4kids. And not just because of their crappy dubbing... =|
They're just a bunch of dickweeds who need to be slapped -_-;

Who agrees they should make dvds of Yugioh, Naruto, Pokemon..etc...that are not cut down to the point that they are childish?

I know they started making ones of Yugioh but they stopped it for some reason =.=;
I think they have some of DBZ too...
lmao I dunno I quite like yu gi oh and the actual concepts and ideas included in the anime are quite good.
Also they've done a bit of reserch into egyptian mythology, the shadow realm was beleaved to be a place between the living and the dead where anubis roamed to guide souls to there rightful place.
The millenium scales were based on another myth where they weighed a persons heart against a feather of maat and if the heart was weighed down by sins a demon would eat it lol But u only Realy see that in the Original yu gi oh series with the bandai cards.
Also the the whole Yami yugis mind is a puzzle its self and that in the end everything was just part of an even bigger game was quite cool.
LMAO but yugis Speaches are Quite cheezy LMAO

and the naruto Dubbing Realy Does Suck I think Ive heard Some fan dubs that were better LMAO
I think that the character development is pretty ok, you learn a lot about the people when you see them, but like, uhm.... the story kinda gets sucky in some parts. >.> They drag out everything too with all talking.

That, and they try to be realistic, but it's so unrealistic, so it kinda doesn't work though. 3nodding

Oh yeah, 4kids should die. They are the worst at everything. They change entire plots so that it'll be kid friendly for like, the little 3 year olds who wouldn't even be able to understand it anyway. So they should go ruin something else that already sucks. dramallama
hmm....i have to agree with dagan_zareth here, if a person actually takes the time and effort, and brain power, to understand the series and the myths and legends behind it then it can prove quite interesting. yeah i hate the naruto dubbing, lets kill sasuke's voice actor

Rainbow Harvester

Yugioh is awesome.
    Don't be hatin'. xD

Just because 4Kids sucks at dubbing doesn't mean that it's a bad show. If you actually pay attention to it, it's really good. <33 The characters are really interesting, in my opinion- way better than any Naruto character. And all the connections to Ancient Egypt were executed perfectly- they even included many actual concepts from Ancient Egypt, such as the Shadow Realm and the idea behind the Millennium Scale [as Dagan_Zareth pointed out].

But, check out the Japanese version. It's only a bajillion times better. ;D 4Kids kind of killed the plot, and even left out a whole season [often called "Season Zero." It explained a lot about the characters and their relationships with eachother. Really good stuff].

PS: The card game is good, too. Better thought out than the Inuyasha card game! rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff