Welcome to Gaia! ::

[ Cream Puff ]
:Roll: Better topic: Why does the Naruto dub suck? Why should 4kids rot in hell?

WORD. sweatdrop They ruined so many things.
Melony Mutou
This forum is completely out of place, but regaurdless...

Yu-Gi-Oh! does not suck.

Before you go judging it, why don't you try ACTUALLY looking up into the REAL thing, rather than the American dub?

4Kids Production BUTCHERED YuGiOh! Mercilessly. They turned it into a little kid's show with an annoying yet very strategic and complex card game that is clearly meant for young adults.
The art is terrific, the gameplay is terrific, yet people like you mock it because in the American version, its been disgustingly modified for younger viewers to watch when it is originally meant for teenagers.

Don't believe me? Visit http://www.yu-jyo.net/ they have an episode guide that compares the English version to the Japanese version and reveals all the crap that 4Kids Production did to it.

In the original version created by Kazuki Takahashi, there was a season before Duelist Kingdom that was also made in the anime but never released into America as it was way too violent. In fact, in Japan, YuGiOh is suggested for people 17 years and up. Anyway, in the first season, there's a lot of blood and a lot of attempts to murder Yugi. For example, Seto Kaiba sets up a big "amusement park" that goes through a good many trials where Yugi must win otherwise he'll be killed - in one he has to fight in a sort of laser tag game where the other team has ACTUAL lasers and they are assassins, war heroes, and convicts with mad shooting skills. In another, Yugi and his friends are forced onto a sort of roller coaster where they get seated into chairs like electric chairs where, if they make any noises during the ride, they'll be zapped with 10,000,000 electric volts, and they're going through a sort of graveyard-themed track, Jounouchi(I believe he's known as Joey in the American dub) desperately fears stuff like this, and is only saved when he passes out like a pansy (XD He's my fav charrie, too)

Anyway. If you still think YuGiOh sucks, I suggest going out and skimming through the original season of mangas before you judge it. Seriously. Don't mock something you don't know completely about. Grow up and quit acting so immature and making fun of a strategic game that you don't like just because you're sore because you're probably to incompitent to understand it.

Thank You! This proves exactly what I said earlier. I also happen to play the card game. I have a Beast/Beast-Warrior deck ^_^
I have a deck also and have come 2nd in a champion ship and lost by 200 life points. I have a fairy/spellcaster deck and a dragon deck
xblackdogx
Melony Mutou
This forum is completely out of place, but regaurdless...

Yu-Gi-Oh! does not suck.

Before you go judging it, why don't you try ACTUALLY looking up into the REAL thing, rather than the American dub?

4Kids Production BUTCHERED YuGiOh! Mercilessly. They turned it into a little kid's show with an annoying yet very strategic and complex card game that is clearly meant for young adults.
The art is terrific, the gameplay is terrific, yet people like you mock it because in the American version, its been disgustingly modified for younger viewers to watch when it is originally meant for teenagers.

Don't believe me? Visit http://www.yu-jyo.net/ they have an episode guide that compares the English version to the Japanese version and reveals all the crap that 4Kids Production did to it.

In the original version created by Kazuki Takahashi, there was a season before Duelist Kingdom that was also made in the anime but never released into America as it was way too violent. In fact, in Japan, YuGiOh is suggested for people 17 years and up. Anyway, in the first season, there's a lot of blood and a lot of attempts to murder Yugi. For example, Seto Kaiba sets up a big "amusement park" that goes through a good many trials where Yugi must win otherwise he'll be killed - in one he has to fight in a sort of laser tag game where the other team has ACTUAL lasers and they are assassins, war heroes, and convicts with mad shooting skills. In another, Yugi and his friends are forced onto a sort of roller coaster where they get seated into chairs like electric chairs where, if they make any noises during the ride, they'll be zapped with 10,000,000 electric volts, and they're going through a sort of graveyard-themed track, Jounouchi(I believe he's known as Joey in the American dub) desperately fears stuff like this, and is only saved when he passes out like a pansy (XD He's my fav charrie, too)

Anyway. If you still think YuGiOh sucks, I suggest going out and skimming through the original season of mangas before you judge it. Seriously. Don't mock something you don't know completely about. Grow up and quit acting so immature and making fun of a strategic game that you don't like just because you're sore because you're probably to incompitent to understand it.

Thank You! This proves exactly what I said earlier. I also happen to play the card game. I have a Beast/Beast-Warrior deck ^_^

Really? ^_^ That's awesome. I'm not too into the actual card game, but I do love to collect the cards as they're really well-made and drawn. And they inspire me to want to be intellectual because sometimes when I read them they confuse me XD

But I love YuGiOh, hands down. I've been into Detective Conan lately, but YuGiOh will always be my favorite as it was the first Anime I got into in-depth. I loved Pokemon first, but YuGiOh was major for me. I looked up everything, I knew every single character and could name off most cards and their effects by heart. When I got to about twelve I looked up all the junk on the internet and found out many interesting and things that I loved, and then of course I read the manga... at first I didn't like it, but then when I actually read it I freakin loved it so much.

YuGiOh is awesome. Best Anime ever, if you give it a chance and don't watch the show.

P.S.
Dude... are these people like retarded? ... You can't seriously think these cards are printed on cardboard. Last time I checked, cardboard's that crappy brown stuff that boxes are made out of. YuGiOh cards are a thick, firm paper, but CERTAINLY not cardboard. I rest my case.
+--I read a fansubbed manga for it awhile ago, and it was actually pretty good. Saddly, like sailor moon and many other 'kids' anime, all the good stuff was taken out by the american dub industry.--+
the yugioh show sucks. its to drawn out, pokemon was good at the begging, when it was fun as a kid, and narutos story line could be much better, i watch it for the killing :]
yu-gi-oh sux cuz my lil brother plays wit da cards all da time
and he's so addicted to it
Yeah the US Yugioh was butchered by the really quick sensless explanaitons of what cards do and dont do, also using magic during your opponents battle phase didnt help much either, but I did read a lot of shonen jump and wow that was some deep crap, Kaiba had a weird "Kill Yuig fetish" or something...he's not joking about the laser tag from hell either, and Yugi playing death games with scorpions and sneakers...it gets weird...they also have a lot of condom refrences too. just pick up them manga.

Dapper Dabbler

21,900 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Cipher-Jin
Yeah the US Yugioh was butchered by the really quick sensless explanaitons of what cards do and dont do, also using magic during your opponents battle phase didnt help much either, but I did read a lot of shonen jump and wow that was some deep crap, Kaiba had a weird "Kill Yuig fetish" or something...he's not joking about the laser tag from hell either, and Yugi playing death games with scorpions and sneakers...it gets weird...they also have a lot of condom refrences too. just pick up them manga.

I know. The manga is just so great... Sugoroku was funny in a creepy kind of way. "My Anzu, up to the 32" mark already?"
u wanna know y yu gi oh sucks because the show is stupid the whole series is first of all y do all the characters have stupid hair cuts that would never stay up in reality because of gravity second y dont the ******** monsters actually pop up when ure playing like god and third the story is horrible u cant base a show on playing a card game and think ure making it interesting by havin the main charatcer some how win everyon ******** time like wat the hell thats not how real life works
Vincent_55
u wanna know y yu gi oh sucks because the show is stupid the whole series is first of all y do all the characters have stupid hair cuts that would never stay up in reality because of gravity second y dont the ******** monsters actually pop up when ure playing like god and third the story is horrible u cant base a show on playing a card game and think ure making it interesting by havin the main charatcer some how win everyon ******** time like wat the hell thats not how real life works
+-- ....Wow, that.... no.... This is genocide. Those poor words, all chopped up into little bits. How could you do this to English?--+
*Agrees with all peoples* The card game is actually pretty fun. But the show is repetative.
Chu_the_Oni
*Agrees with all peoples* The card game is actually pretty fun. But the show is repetative.
+-- I never understood the card game. ^_^''--+
Yu-Gi-Oh sucks because the animation is crappy, the storyline is boring and there are a freaking million shows like that from pokeman to digimon etc. xd

Also the Naruto dub sucks too! I watch the japanese version with subtitles on narutofan.com. Also on myspace videos. You can't compare the original voices with the dubs, its like watching the simpsons in another language the voices just don't match. ninja
Jayderaven
Yu-Gi-Oh sucks because the animation is crappy, the storyline is boring and there are a freaking million shows like that from pokeman to digimon etc. xd

Also the Naruto dub sucks too! I watch the japanese version with subtitles on narutofan.com. Also on myspace videos. You can't compare the original voices with the dubs, its like watching the simpsons in another language the voices just don't match. ninja
+-- I like the voices in Naruto, I just dislike how they cut everything out. *sigh*--+

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff