Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like my submission?

yes 0.88505747126437 88.5% [ 385 ]
no 0.11494252873563 11.5% [ 50 ]
Total Votes:[ 435 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Bigger version here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/44726076/
Rebellion/Resistence Entry here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21334185

Please vote for me!!! heart

I'm finally done! Gah, I had to put alot of lighting/shading layers than re-work it over and over again to get some interesting textures in there. sweatdrop When I first started the initial sketch, I had no inkling that flarn had turned evil...but I guess it was lucky that I had decided on a neutral expression. ^^

All comment and critique welcomed! Always looking to improve my art. 3nodding

And please don't forget to vote for me in the contest if you like it! whee

Edit to add: Someone mentioned a possible wallpaper out of it. Well, as of now I don't have the energy to do that but I welcome anyone to take a crack at it for themselves. Banners, siggys, advertisements, its all publicity right? xD

As long as I get the credit for creating the original, you have my permission to use it as you like. :3

---
Previous post:
I'm really sorry if we're not supposed to make boards for WIP but I didn't see anything in the rules about it. Please delete this board if it is not allowed. sweatdrop Or I can just post the finished product here when I'm done.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7913/flarnwipse7.jpg

That's not the entire picture but it is a screenshot of it. ^^ He's going to be holding gaia and I'm planning on making a background of outerspace and those code thingies. :3 I'm proud of how its going so far, considering the fact that I've never drawn an alien/human hybrid before, and I had to work on alot of layers to get the lighting/shading right.

Done on Opencanvas1.1 and resized on paint.net. Link to both in my profile though I advise a tablet to get the full benefits. 3nodding

Any and all critique welcomed! whee And adored!

Edit: Great. I forgot to actually post it. gonk Apologies.
Oh, and btw, I know the skin/hair is alot darker and more colorful than it should be. sweatdrop but he was so...pale. I used some artistic license to make it more interesting. ^^

Devoted Darling

Okay you suck (in the way that makes you really cool)! gonk

That's just wonderful so far, and I love your concept. I think he looks good in the colors you've used. 4laugh
Omg, WOW! I don't stand a chance in this contest. But I'd hate to miss it all the same!
b-type

That's just wonderful so far, and I love your concept. I think he looks good in the colors you've used. 4laugh

^^; I really really want the minis, they'll be my first ever '03 item and the fact that it'll be from earning through a site-wide contest just makes it more desirable for me.

Hopefully I won't mess up the picture when I actually start drawing gaia or the outerspace thingies... gonk I just know I'm going to go crazy over this...@__@

Thank you! I might adjust it a little though, to show more of the original green. I want it to stay as faithful to the original as I can possibly squeeze out.
Kensukia
Omg, WOW! I don't stand a chance in this contest. But I'd hate to miss it all the same!

Thank you. whee I'm very flattered.

I know what you mean. ninja I love seeing all this artwork on primarily the same concept. <3 It shows such variety in the users.

Devoted Darling

Principle
b-type

^^; I really really want the minis, they'll be my first ever '03 item and the fact that it'll be from earning through a site-wide contest just makes it more desirable for me.

Hopefully I won't mess up the picture when I actually start drawing gaia or the outerspace thingies... gonk I just know I'm going to go crazy over this...@__@

Thank you! I might adjust it a little though, to show more of the original green. I want it to stay as faithful to the original as I can possibly squeeze out.

I wish I could get Minis too (entering in the resistence side) but I don't think my entry will cut it.

I hope it all turns out for you as you go on drawing it. I can't wait to see the final product. xd
It's beautiful so far! ^^
b-type
Principle
b-type

I wish I could get Minis too (entering in the resistence side) but I don't think my entry will cut it.

I hope it all turns out for you as you go on drawing it. I can't wait to see the final product. xd

Me neither. I might barely squeeze out an entry good enough for second place. gonk

You're entering the resistance side too? =D I plan on making an entry for that contest after I finish this one. A gaian riding a bull and fighting some UFOs. :3 Explosions and action aren't my forte but its a start, neh?

It'll be really great if it turns out like what I have in my head but I /know/ that that's nearly impossible. >_> I always get lazy or tired or frustrated and kinda lazy out. I'm taking more breaks, though. It helps keep me on track. =D

Good luck to you as well! whee heart
Cambria Killgannon
It's beautiful so far! ^^

Thank you for the compliment! whee
damn thats gonna be hard to beat

Devoted Darling

Principle
Me neither. I might barely squeeze out an entry good enough for second place. gonk

You're entering the resistance side too? =D I plan on making an entry for that contest after I finish this one. A gaian riding a bull and fighting some UFOs. :3 Explosions and action aren't my forte but its a start, neh?

It'll be really great if it turns out like what I have in my head but I /know/ that that's nearly impossible. >_> I always get lazy or tired or frustrated and kinda lazy out. I'm taking more breaks, though. It helps keep me on track. =D

Good luck to you as well! whee heart

I think you'll do great no matter what you do. xd

Yeah, I figured I might have better luck with resistence art side, seeing as the aliens I draw turn out pretty awful. I'd like to see your art for that side too. ^.^

I know how that goes with the pre-art imagery. I keep wishing my picture would just be done, it's no longer really what I first imagined. *wants brain print out* I'd probably be done if it weren't for all those breaks.

I was doing mine via Oekaki, I screencapped it and the comp restarted so I have to finish in Photoshop. gonk I keep wanting to give up despite the hours I've put into mine.

Thanks and much good luck your way(s) as well! biggrin

Shameless Gawker

It looks like, the skin works anyways, with the shadows.

But wow, you have some amazing talent, I can't wait to see it finished.

Eloquent Kitten

User ImageBroken Rainbows
User ImageThat's swawesome! (Sweet and awesome.)... I love it!

Dapper Conversationalist

3,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
Very nicely done. :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers