Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
INTRO

Ever have a crew, or an instance, and someone tells you not to do some specific thing, because of word of mouth? Well, a lot of us know of some of these "zOMyths". I am creating this thread because I want to start documenting these myths, and any solutions to them that are found.

I.E. Mythbusters, zOMG style.

I am accepting applications for Mythbusters again. But only serious ones: All troll-like ones will be ignored.

Table of Contents:
Intro
Rules
zOMYTHS
Debunked zOMYTHS
zOMythbustees

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
RULES

First Rule: Don't talk about zOMYTHBUSTERS.
Second Rule: DO NOT TALK ABOUT zOMYTHBUSTERS. We are a myth, busting other myths from existence, yo.
Third Rule: This is not a troll thread, so I would appreciate some dignity, fellow zOMGaians. Follow the ToS, unless you wish to be reported.
Fourth Rule: The first two rules exist only as a joke. Do not take them seriously.
Fifth Rule: You must apply to me, in PM format, a completed form if you wish to become a zOMythbustee. I will not accept anything less.
Sixth Rule: For the last ******** time, DO. NOT. TALK. ABOUT. zOMYTHBUSTERS.
Seventh Rule: I hear some people been talking about us. WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT NOT TALKING ABOUT US? MOTHERFU- classified_fu
Eighth Rule: If you apply to be a zOMythbuster, do know that you are in it for serious reasons, and not just to "look cool". If you do not do some actual work while you are here, you will not be kept around.

Have Fun! More Rules shall be applied as I see fit.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
zOMYTHS

Current zOMyths

DMS:

1) Nulling with the crown: If you leave the Yellow/Green Maze, 100% Room, Crypt, or Bloodlust Chamber, the instance resets a certain area, forcing you to re-clear certain areas. Like for instance, nulling from Green Maze with crown glitches the instance.

2) Kicking or Nulling: Kicking people from the Crypt will cause the instance to glitch. Nulling in Bloodlust's chamber or Ragequitting the crew will cause it to glitch.

3) Bandage/Wish causes more Aggro: The belief that Bandage or Wish causes more aggro than the other.

4) Night Fright Bumping: Night Frights can be killed by only using Bump. No Adrenaline or Knife Sharpen is to be used.

zOMYTHS in General:

1) Impossible to Survive: In the Barton Coliseum, the Survival Mode, Impossible Difficulty supposedly holds a special 20th round that no one has ever seen before. There is currently no way to get past Round 5.

2) Healing with Wish: Charging like a Supercharger: Wish heals someone by a percentage of their HP. For more information, Read This Post.

3) Disconnecting is Such a Kicker: The Leader disconnecting from zOMG! is known to cause a person to become kicked from the crew, even in some cases as the entire crew being removed.

How to report a zOMyth:

[b]Area/Instance of Occurrence:[/b]
[b]How Old Instance is:[/b]
[b]Description of Myth:[/b]
[b]What Occurred right before the Myth:[/b]
[b]Any Other Information:[/b]

Use this form, and PM it directly to me, or any of out zOMythbustees.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
DEBUNKED zOMYTHS

User Image

Myth #1: Minty Freshness

CONFIRMED. Amazingly, this has been questioned ever since the first sighting of the Formula 3: Mint Sundae Sweets dropped. But after some recent FFK and Bloodlust kills, my wife, ValKyrie has received a Mint from both forms! Thus finally ending an argument that no longer needs to be.

User Image

No plausible ones yet~

User Image

Myth #1: Passives make you Selfish.

BUSTED. This is a misconception that is still commonly believed in, even to this day. It originally stems from the Early DMS days, when nobody really knew what to do. Unless you are taking passive rings in favor of useful rings, I severely doubt wearing them will hinder your crew.

Myth #2: The Inventory (Double R) Trick:

BUSTED. Upon investigation, myself and Val found that while opening and closing the Inventory did make it seem like your rings are unlocked, no stamina is used, and nothing can actually be done. In short, it is all merely a big visual glitch.

Myth #3: Ghost in the Saw Mill:

BUSTED. After 3 rounds of testing, at various rage ranks, and with crew animations on, Ghost has been proven to NOT cause lag. If you do experience lag, it'll be more likely to be caused by the number of saws on screen, and rings like Fire Rain and Heavy Water Balloon.

Myth #4: Lux Fortuna has never been Dazed:

BUSTED. There is a picture of Lux Fortuna, dazed, at Bloodlust Kamila lurking out there in cyberspace. I currently do not have access to said photo, but I do know it exists. If any Gaian wishes to post it, that'd be greeeat.

Thanks to BF-dragontshd-40, we have indeed found a pic of Lux Fortuna, dazed!

User Image

Myth #5: Leaders and the Chest:

BUSTED. Thanks to our good pal azphyxxxiate, he ran a test for us, determining that he got even the same amount of gold, whether or not Leader opened the chest. Thanks for the hard work, Az!

Myth #6: The DMS Suppress Rule:

BUSTED. Although while not having conclusive evidence, it turns out that 11.4 is indeed not the best level to suppress to for a fair number of drops. Without any luck-boosting passives on, 10.8 showed to be the best level, with the highest amount of drops, and 11.4 being the lowest amount.

Myth #7: Armor Rewriting:

BUSTED. Although this is a topic that has been brought up numerous times before, it's simply all a trick of the eyes. ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry personally tested the effects of a Rank 4 Rock Armor, then "rewrote" it with a Rank 1 Rock Armor. The differences in damage ratio weren't different at all, so the data says that it's only a visual glitch.

For more information: Read Kenny's Post

Myth #8: Minty Freshness

BUSTED. Once again, thanks to my wife, ValKyrie, we have learned that the Formula 3: Mint Sundae Sweets drop doesn't just come from First Form Kamila, or Bloodlust Kamila. It actually comes from both!

Myth #9: Gold Farming in the Greens and Shallows:

BUSTED. After many, many, MANY times of testing this, Shallow Seas easily has the better payout per run. While selling the loot may hold a little extra profit, one simply makes more gold in SS runs.

Myth #10: Heal Tanking and Aggro:

BUSTED. Other than using a Tank for Bloodlust Kamila, you can definitely survive by having everyone take attacks and heals. The use of a Tank is nowhere near necessary, and while it can definitely be useful, in the wrong hands, can be even worse than just 6 Generalists.

Myth #11: Dos and Don'ts of the Night Fright:

BUSTED. The only time that Adrenaline or Knife Sharpen could ever steal aggro, is if the person with the aggro has very little aggro, or can't hold enough aggro to outpace the damage dealt.

Myth #12: b]Rebuffing with the Night Fright:

BUSTED. Same as #11, unless the people rebuffing have more aggro than everyone else, Rebuffing will not steal aggro.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
zOMYTHBUSTEES

Your dedicated zOMythbustees are always here to help! If you need a myth busted, PM the details to one of us:

Name: Mage Ragepunk
Charge Level: 12
Preferred Area of zOMythbusting: Anywhere
Favorite Ring (s): Hack and Mantis :3
Why you would be a good zOMythbustee: I work hard, and don't cut out a single detail.
Link of your Avatar: User Image

Name: ValKyrie Ragepunk
Charge Level: 11.9-13.0 emotion_awesome
Preferred Area of zOMythbusting: DMS/Coliseum
Favorite Ring (s): Meat, Wish, and Fitness
Why you would be a good zOMythbustee: My tenacity to see the scientific method applied to any Myth we may encounter will help bust them with ease! emotion_dealwithit
Link of your Avatar:User Image

Name: azphyxxxiate
Charge Level: 12.0
Preferred Area of zOMythbusting: everywhere
Favorite Ring (s): Solar Rays, Knife Sharpen
Why you would be a good zOMythbustee: I make rhinoceros' cry

Name: ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
Charge Level: 11.8-12.0
Preferred Area of zOMythbusting: Doesn't matter, will tackle any mith
Favorite Ring (s): Hack, Mantis, Shark Attack (it's not very good for DMS, but it's helped me pretty much everywhere else)
Why you would be a good zOMythbustee: Good at finding every possible solution to something; dedicated to solving/finishing something once i've started it

Name: Owlie
Charge Level: 12.0
Preferred Area of zOMythbusting: DMS, SS
Favorite Ring (s): Bandage, hack, mantis
Why you would be a good zOMythbustee: I want to help fix allll the bugs

Name: DelDev
Charge Level: 11.8-12.0
Preferred Area of zOMythbusting: DMS
Favorite Ring (s): wish, hack, passives
Why you would be a good zOMythbustee: I have a lot of patience when it comes to testing in the name of science

Name: A Random Act of Terror
Charge Level: 11.9/12.0
Preferred Area of zOMythbusting: Any
Favorite Ring (s): Shark, Rock, Ghost
Why you would be a good zOMythbustee: Because of my attention to detail, and my unlimited free time.

If you'd like to become a zOMythbustee, fill out the form below and PM it to me:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Charge Level:[/b]
[b]Preferred Area of zOMythbusting:[/b]
[b]Favorite Ring (s):[/b]
[b]Why you would be a good zOMythbustee:[/b]
[b]Link of your Avatar:[/b]

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
FREE TO POST FROM HERE.

Fashionable Humorist

13,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
Come on guys, we need to make this stretch two seasons. emotion_awesome

4laugh

In a relationship with b e a r y t o r t e

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
this has been busted

Fashionable Humorist

13,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
azphyxxxiate
you forgot an H in the title yo

MYTH BUSTED!!! emotion_awesome *epic pose*

Maveck's Husband

Invisible Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
//marks thread with bunny markings

Fashionable Humorist

13,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Winged 100
Bunneh_Cheesecake
//marks thread with bunny markings

That is so adorable! *Faints from cuteness* emotion_zzz

Feral Friend

My buddy Louis Dismas may be interested in this. He's done alot of his own 'mythbusting'.

Maveck's Husband

Invisible Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ai x Luna
My buddy Louis Dismas may be interested in this. He's done alot of his own 'mythbusting'.

//marks post with bunny markings
J00 HAB BIN MARK'D!

Feral Friend

Bunneh_Cheesecake
Ai x Luna

//marks post with bunny markings
J00 HAB BIN MARK'D!

<.<

/me quietly pets

Dapper Gaian

16,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items