Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Codger

ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
Brooklyn Rage Mage

1) Armor Rewriting: A Rage Rank 1 Armor Buff overwrites a Rage Rank 4 Armor Buff. This can apply to any instance, anywhere in zOMG. As far as has been said, it's a visual glitch.

Rock Armor stats

My CL: 10.0
Ghost Lantern CL: 10.5
Damage lost w/ Rock Armor RR4:
User Image
User Image
-The range of damage was anywhere from a minimum of around 50 to a maximum of 75 or so
Damage lost w/ Rock Armor RR1 rewrite:
User Image
User Image
-The range of damage was still the same; between 50 and 75

Would this be enough data to call the myth busted, or should i get some data from Sphere and Pot Lid as well? It would be difficult to test those 2, since i would have to keep track of how many total attacks were deflected/reflected out of the times i was hit.

This experiment has been run previously, but if you'd really like to run it again, I can give you one tip: the tentacle attacks from the walls of the Hive do damage based solely on your maximum Health, making the damage values absolutely predictable. Thus, the protection offered by any given armor buff can be measured with a reasonable degree of precision by comparing the damage one takes normally (a constant) against the damage taken while armored. Because the damage isn't random, there is no minimum sample-size necessary to achieve confidence in the result.

Of course, this doesn't help for Pot Lid, Improbability Sphere, or Teflon Spray, because as you imply they only vary in Reflection/Deflection rates. However, Teflon Spray can be tested pretty easily both visually (because it grants Dodge) and practically (because it has no Reflection at RR1 - a single Reflection proves it isn't overwritten). The remaining two are obviously more troublesome, but I suspect people will continue to make the claim until suitable evidence is found - and perhaps even thereafter... whee

EDIT: Similar claims are made about Iron Will, as well; of course that one is impossible to test without either a better understanding of how Willpower affects status conditions, or a confirmation of its low-Rage Deflection rates (which may well be nonexistent, making testing even less certain). Because it would require a great deal more data to address, though, I'd suggest leaving it itself for the time being... sweatdrop

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Brooklyn Rage Mage

1) Armor Rewriting: A Rage Rank 1 Armor Buff overwrites a Rage Rank 4 Armor Buff. This can apply to any instance, anywhere in zOMG. As far as has been said, it's a visual glitch.

Rock Armor stats

My CL: 10.0
Ghost Lantern CL: 10.5
Damage lost w/ Rock Armor RR4:
User Image
User Image
-The range of damage was anywhere from a minimum of around 50 to a maximum of 75 or so
Damage lost w/ Rock Armor RR1 rewrite:
User Image
User Image
-The range of damage was still the same; between 50 and 75

Would this be enough data to call the myth busted, or should i get some data from Sphere and Pot Lid as well? It would be difficult to test those 2, since i would have to keep track of how many total attacks were deflected/reflected out of the times i was hit.
From what Red has stated, the experiment has been done, but I'd say to keep on if ye choose. From the data representation, I'm calling it busted. Thanks for the awesome work, regardless, Kenny!

Animal Lover

10,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Nice thread 4laugh

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage

no problem 3nodding
this gives me something to do on zOMG! other than get my Lawn Mower Coliseum badges sweatdrop
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Brooklyn Rage Mage

no problem 3nodding
this gives me something to do on zOMG! other than get my Lawn Mower Coliseum badges sweatdrop
Agreed. If you ever want to work on them together, let me know! I love doing Coli, man.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Red Kutai

EDIT: Similar claims are made about Iron Will, as well; of course that one is impossible to test without either a better understanding of how Willpower affects status conditions, or a confirmation of its low-Rage Deflection rates (which may well be nonexistent, making testing even less certain). Because it would require a great deal more data to address, though, I'd suggest leaving it itself for the time being... sweatdrop

yeah, that would be a little difficult to test, because we would have to look at just more than the stats your character info says.

however, if we were to test it at some point, i think the Flying Giftboxes would be the best candidates; you are pretty much guaranteed to get scared every time without iron will, but the strength isnt as big as the Robofish or the Masks in otami, where you can still get scared even with rr4 iron will, so it would be easier to test it out on them.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Brooklyn Rage Mage

no problem 3nodding
Agreed. If you ever want to work on them together, let me know! I love doing Coli, man.

i've been thinking about the Impossible difficulty- what if we had a tanker like in the Green Rooms in DMS? it would certainly make it easier for the rest of the crew, since nobody can steal aggro from the monsters if there's a tanker 3nodding
EDIT: and i think the main reason nobody can get past round 5 is because, to my knowledge, no one has been able to defeat the Big Dogs. I think it's similar to the Night Frights in the first few rounds, because you dont officially get to the next round until all the Frights spawned in that round are dead.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Brooklyn Rage Mage

no problem 3nodding

i've been thinking about the Impossible difficulty- what if we had a tanker like in the Green Rooms in DMS? it would certainly make it easier for the rest of the crew, since nobody can steal aggro from the monsters if there's a tanker 3nodding
EDIT: and i think the main reason nobody can get past round 5 is because, to my knowledge, no one has been able to defeat the Big Dogs. I think it's similar to the Night Frights in the first few rounds, because you dont officially get to the next round until all the Frights spawned in that round are dead.
That may be true, but last I checked, Big Dogs keep coming in swarms of 3 after a while. We could try the Tanker idea, and some of the other things we've learned from DMS, but it all comes down to whether we can efficiently kill fast enough or not.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage
That may be true, but last I checked, Big Dogs keep coming in swarms of 3 after a while. We could try the Tanker idea, and some of the other things we've learned from DMS, but it all comes down to whether we can efficiently kill fast enough or not.

would you be up for making a crew right now and trying the tanker idea? if we cant find any tankers, i can do it. i've been able to do most GR runs in 3-4 hours if i'm the tank with very few wipes, if any 3nodding

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Brooklyn Rage Mage

would you be up for making a crew right now and trying the tanker idea? if we cant find any tankers, i can do it. i've been able to do most GR runs in 3-4 hours if i'm the tank with very few wipes, if any 3nodding
If I wasn't so bloody tired and in need of a nap before I go to work tonight, I'd totally be up for a run. Sadly, life isn't so kind. sweatdrop

Monday would be my best bet to do a run, since I'm off Monday through Wednesday this week.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Brooklyn Rage Mage

If I wasn't so bloody tired and in need of a nap before I go to work tonight, I'd totally be up for a run. Sadly, life isn't so kind. sweatdrop

Monday would be my best bet to do a run, since I'm off Monday through Wednesday this week.

yeah, i'm pretty tired, too sweatdrop

oh, btw, you'll be happy to hear that the Bloodlust quest glitch is possibly fixed- you can now get it in your PDA. but we'll have to wait and see if finishing the quest will register:
User Image

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100

User Image
FINALLY. ******** YEAH. Been waiting for 5 months!

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Brooklyn Rage Mage

User Image

i've been waiting 3 months, as of today sweatdrop
/3 month anniversary of first bloodlust kill heart

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Brooklyn Rage Mage

User Image

i've been waiting 3 months, as of today sweatdrop
/3 month anniversary of first bloodlust kill heart
Lol, awesome, bud. Been waiting ever since I finished the 5th quest back in November.

In a relationship with b e a r y t o r t e

Thirteenth Prophet

18,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Healer 50
Brooklyn Rage Mage
Brooklyn Rage Mage

yeah, i'm pretty tired, too sweatdrop

oh, btw, you'll be happy to hear that the Bloodlust quest glitch is possibly fixed- you can now get it in your PDA. but we'll have to wait and see if finishing the quest will register:
User Image

OMG WUT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas