Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Zomg Ticket fair?

Fair 0.78125 78.1% [ 50 ]
Not Fair 0.21875 21.9% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 64 ]
< 1 2

It's perfectly fair.

Everyone has the same chances of obtaining a head start ticket.Besides,its to make sure the game can handle a larger crowd before going public.So no matter what way you view it,some good is coming out of the tickets.
Fruity Pancakes
It's perfectly fair.

Everyone has the same chances of obtaining a head start ticket.Besides,its to make sure the game can handle a larger crowd before going public.So no matter what way you view it,some good is coming out of the tickets.
I think it is unfair. But that's not saying I don't like the idea.

Anybody saying it is fair is wrong.

If it was fair everybody would have one. So technically the ticket is unfair, but things can't be fair all the time.

Especially on Gaia.
actually, you're wrong. If everybody had one, that would defeat the purpose of the ticket. a ticket allows the bearer of the ticket a special privilege. like getting into a concert or a play. everyone has the opportunity to get one, but only those who feel the value of shelling out for a ticket get the special privilege. the fact that us ticket bearers get in early is unfair, but since we went out of our way, using gaia cash or gold, to purchase a ticket, when everyone can do the same, makes it perfectly fair. do you see the difference?
djramennoodles
actually, you're wrong. If everybody had one, that would defeat the purpose of the ticket. a ticket allows the bearer of the ticket a special privilege. like getting into a concert or a play. everyone has the opportunity to get one, but only those who feel the value of shelling out for a ticket get the special privilege. the fact that us ticket bearers get in early is unfair, but since we went out of our way, using gaia cash or gold, to purchase a ticket, when everyone can do the same, makes it perfectly fair. do you see the difference?

Yes, like I for one, sold my oculus magica to get a ticket, I would say it would be a fair trade, and also I earned it fair and square.

But, in other's defense, what if the only way to get in early was to hack? Everyone would have the same chances to get in since they could just download whatever they need to hack. But that would be unfair, wouldn't it? How you percieve fair and unfair is in the eye of the beholder. Everone's opinion is biased since they either have the ticket, or they don't. So they usually say it is unfair if they themselves can't do it in time. I thought it was unfair too, until I got the ticket. So it isn't about right or wrong, it is about who does, and who doesn't.

Beloved Healer

I've already created a thread like this, but I don't appriciate that gaia is basically saying "If you can afford to get in early, then come on dooown!" Either you pay hard earned gold for it, or you waste a dollar on someting that isn't even worth paying real money for. The most we'll get in early for is (I'd say) about 5 days.

Original Gaian

Princess Tizuki`
I've already created a thread like this, but I don't appriciate that gaia is basically saying "If you can afford to get in early, then come on dooown!" Either you pay hard earned gold for it, or you waste a dollar on someting that isn't even worth paying real money for. The most we'll get in early for is (I'd say) about 5 days.
It's completely fair for that exact reason.

If you aren't willing to give up resources for something, you aren't able to get in early. What's so hard to understand about that? Unlike the other million+ things on Gaia, this is one of the few times that you can't get a benefit without a sacrifice, be it a real currency or a fake one.

Besides, with the tickets and the already implemented metered system, you can slowly leak in users without worry of having the entire community hit all at once. They already meter the release of all announcements (so as to keep from major spikes to certain pages) and if god forbid something comes up in the "pre-release" days, it can be silently removed without upsetting millions, only the hundreds already on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff