Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Noob

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Felis Hircus
zOMG! already had features that required you to pay to play. It's called DMS. emotion_awesome

You don't have to play to play dms (though I choose to)
If you wanted amps and things of that nature, they do have the free gc. You don't really need amps to dps but it's helpful. SC's and revs aren't really needed either, if people don't have them, they work around it and incorporate the absence into their game play.

Shameless Noob

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
b0nerita
~

It's just a theory I thought of and I'm a negative nancy so I think of the worst possible scenario. I truly hope I'm wrong and not much changes (except maybe new areas, that'd be cool)
Jolly-Kun
Felis Hircus
zOMG! already had features that required you to pay to play. It's called DMS. emotion_awesome

If you wanted amps and things of that nature, they do have the free gc. You don't really need amps to dps but it's helpful. SC's and revs aren't really needed either, if people don't have them, they work around it and incorporate the absence into their game play.

You definitely have to use powerups in order to beat BL. And while it's not required in GR all the way to Crypt, it's really slow and tedious without amps so almost every crew uses them and makes it a point that others do so too.

And saying that it isn't p2p simply because people can make the gc through free offers is like saying nothing on Gaia costs any real money since you can always buy it off the mp with gold. The fact that you have to use powerups to beat DMS at all makes it pay to play regardless of how you obtained the powerups.

Dangerous Genius

Felis Hircus
Jolly-Kun
Felis Hircus

You definitely have to use powerups in order to beat BL. And while it's not required in GR all the way to Crypt, it's really slow and tedious without amps so almost every crew uses them and makes it a point that others do so too.

And saying that it isn't p2p simply because people can make the gc through free offers is like saying nothing on Gaia costs any real money since you can always buy it off the mp with gold. The fact that you have to use powerups to beat DMS makes it pay to play regardless of how you obtained the powerups.

Besides, there was also the Bloodstone Amulet and Gem thing back when DMS first launched. I still have my amulet cool

EDIT: As for further theory, I'm thinking they might try to change the quest coding at its core, possibly tying in with the achievement system, to prevent certain quest glitches and the like.
Thard_Verad
Felis Hircus
Jolly-Kun
Felis Hircus

And saying that it isn't p2p simply because people can make the gc through free offers is like saying nothing on Gaia costs any real money since you can always buy it off the mp with gold. The fact that you have to use powerups to beat DMS makes it pay to play regardless of how you obtained the powerups.

Besides, there was also the Bloodstone Amulet and Gem thing back when DMS first launched. I still have my amulet cool

EDIT: As for further theory, I'm thinking they might try to change the quest coding at its core, possibly tying in with the achievement system, to prevent certain quest glitches and the like.

Headstart items are a different story. It's often times a necessary way to make money by companies. Something that's used by popular mmos even today. We're talking about gameplay here. Paying upfront for enjoying new content on a one time basis is different from paying in order to play and complete the game every single time. The latter is detrimental to gameplay as one of the points of playing a game is to feel accomplished by beating the game on your own without the forced assistance of any powerups.

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jolly-Kun
And what gets me, is that they're saying there's a bug that would effect every gaian playing. It was working just fine and all players enjoy it as it was.

Best Case Scenario
: zOMG! is coming back revamped and sexy as ********.
Worst Case Scenario(s): Shelved or zOMG! comes back with ads out the a** or gampelay which requires you to purchase GC.

The only bug that can come to mind that could effect people is the silent NPC glitch, its really random from NPCs but it mostly occurs in VG and Barton where most new players start at, so if anything I think they're trying to fix that glitch.

Shameless Noob

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Felis Hircus
Jolly-Kun
Felis Hircus

And saying that it isn't p2p simply because people can make the gc through free offers is like saying nothing on Gaia costs any real money since you can always buy it off the mp with gold. The fact that you have to use powerups to beat DMS at all makes it pay to play regardless of how you obtained the powerups.

Like I said, if people don't have them, they work around it and incorporate the absence into their game play. A reg pack of amps, if used parsimoniously (and in all hopes, the tank is decent) could last 5 BL runs.
And the free GC pretty much does mean that but most items really worth it are 499gc+ and not worth the effort.
Seeing how reg amp packs go for 49, it really isn't a difficult amount to build up.
It really depends on the player and their dedication (in my opinion).

Shameless Noob

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
CBB1112
Jolly-Kun
And what gets me, is that they're saying there's a bug that would effect every gaian playing. It was working just fine and all players enjoy it as it was.

Best Case Scenario
Worst Case Scenario(s): Shelved or zOMG! comes back with ads out the a** or gampelay which requires you to purchase GC.

The only bug that can come to mind that could effect people is the silent NPC glitch, its really random from NPCs but it mostly occurs in VG and Barton where most new players start at, so if anything I think they're trying to fix that glitch.

To be honest, it had a few glitches, just nothing really notable. One being refreshing and being kicked from the server and of course the NPCs. I'm just hoping it really does come back revamped.

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jolly-Kun
CBB1112
Jolly-Kun

Best Case Scenario

To be honest, it had a few glitches, just nothing really notable. One being refreshing and being kicked from the server and of course the NPCs. I'm just hoping it really does come back revamped.

Yeah everyone has had their fair share of glitches, I'm not expecting too much, I just expected that glitched to be fixed and maybe a few bugs around DMS and thats really it, I would love new stuff but its the higher ups' choice to decide.

Shameless Noob

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
CBB1112
Jolly-Kun
CBB1112
Jolly-Kun

Best Case Scenario

Yeah everyone has had their fair share of glitches, I'm not expecting too much, I just expected that glitched to be fixed and maybe a few bugs around DMS and that's really it, I would love new stuff but its the higher ups' choice to decide.
I hope they give us at least one new area to play with but I highly doubt it seeing how the programers working on it aren't really familiar with the coding and all that jazz.

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Jolly-Kun
CBB1112
Jolly-Kun
CBB1112
Jolly-Kun

Best Case Scenario

Yeah everyone has had their fair share of glitches, I'm not expecting too much, I just expected that glitched to be fixed and maybe a few bugs around DMS and that's really it, I would love new stuff but its the higher ups' choice to decide.
I hope they give us at least one new area to play with but I highly doubt it seeing how the programers working on it aren't really familiar with the coding and all that jazz.

Dont put your hopes up high or they'll be crushed if they're not met, I just what ever they're fixing fixed, a few bugs in dms and it to be put back up, thats all ^^
Jolly-Kun
Felis Hircus
Jolly-Kun
Felis Hircus

Like I said, if people don't have them, they work around it and incorporate the absence into their game play. A reg pack of amps, if used parsimoniously (and in all hopes, the tank is decent) could last 5 BL runs.
And the free GC pretty much does mean that but most items really worth it are 499gc+ and not worth the effort.
Seeing how reg amp packs go for 49, it really isn't a difficult amount to build up.
It really depends on the player and their dedication (in my opinion).

You're missing the point. The fact that you have to use powerups to beat BL at all makes it pay to play. It's really that simple. Powerups are not a part of the core gameplay. And the fact that it can only be obtained by purchasing; either directly via real money or indirectly through a load of pain means DMS is pay to play.

High-functioning Noob

10,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Energy Generator 250
I have no idea what zOMG was but I heard so much on forums, and I was like "WOO YEAH I WANNA PLAY DAT" then I couldn't find it due to me being a noob/newbie. Oh wait I'm not supposed to post stuff like this according to the unspoken forum laws *glares meaningfully at Bronies Australia* Wait a sec, I kept getting Gold Mountain tokens and I couldn't actually find Gold Mountain. Also fish bait. A looooottt of fish bait. Is that what it's for?

Shameless Noob

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
mewzies
I have no idea what zOMG was but I heard so much on forums, and I was like "WOO YEAH I WANNA PLAY DAT" then I couldn't find it due to me being a noob/newbie. Oh wait I'm not supposed to post stuff like this according to the unspoken forum laws *glares meaningfully at Bronies Australia* Wait a sec, I kept getting Gold Mountain tokens and I couldn't actually find Gold Mountain. Also fish bait. A looooottt of fish bait. Is that what it's for?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to sound like an a*****e, I really don't mean to. I can't tell if you're being serious or trolling me xD

Hilarious Genius

2,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
It might require us to use a lot of our Gaia Gold since they are giving us like 5,000 to 50,000 a day in those prizes. I just hope they are just remodeling it. crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff