Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you like the new idea? (Chapter 2 Restart)

Sounds like fun! 0.34358974358974 34.4% [ 134 ]
Interesting... 0.27692307692308 27.7% [ 108 ]
I'm indifferent. 0.11282051282051 11.3% [ 44 ]
How could you even think of that?! 0.1 10.0% [ 39 ]
Obligatory Pollwhore Option. 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 65 ]
Total Votes:[ 390 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 63 64 65 66 67 >

Versatile Defender

10,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
DeathWyrmNexus
Considering that my baby nearly drowned this morning and I woke up to a flood, I can sympathize with being down... Among other events lately.

Well, atleast you have better reasons then me for being down. emo

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
dFangX
DeathWyrmNexus
Considering that my baby nearly drowned this morning and I woke up to a flood, I can sympathize with being down... Among other events lately.

Well, atleast you have better reasons then me for being down. emo

No worries, I hate the misery d**k waving contest so you're just as valid as me. *pats on the back*

Versatile Defender

10,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
After thinking about it a little more, I think another thing thats bugging me about the current set up s rarity.... we really don't have much. -.-

Cloth used to be the rarest loot item in the game considering the Flying Gift Boxes only came out at night before until Airshark started dropping them all over Barten. And when the game first started, rings were much harder to get as you only had a few you could choose from wth the different NPCs, fewer NPCs that gave them out, and ring drop rates were lowwer. Now it's much easier to get every ring.

Maybe a few rarity tweaks in Chapter 2 would make me feel better, with the chance you could miss a ring or item recipe if you did something out of order or something. I don't know/

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Again, Murphy's Law would find a way to screw you more than it would others. You aren't entitled to feel special in an MMO. You are supposed to make yourself special by standing out by virtue of your own merits, not ones the game preconceives for you.

I am the Dark Dragon God of Gaia. Nobody gave me that title but I sure as hell claim it and own it. I lead my clan by virtue of my abilities. My successes weren't given to me in battle. I had to lead successful raids. I had to collect good people to my side. Etc, etc, pointless boasting, pointless boasting.

CH0Z0 isn't special because he was given something, he is renown because he flexes the skill and works that red outfit.

A good example of a game properly making you special is Oblivion. Sure you're the chosen one but that doesn't mean anything except that you are the main character. Everything you get you earn. Every little side power, every spell. When I played, I became the Mad God of the Shivering Isles and leader of every guild in the game. Not because the game made me special but because I made myself special.

Tweaking rarity is a lateral move. You won't be special if people lack your ring collection. A cash shop update on rings won't make you special. If anything, it would make you less special as somebody with Daddy's credit card will just outpace you and make you look like a pauper.

I think you need to find your own sense of greatness. A game can't make you great, not an MMO at least. It can only make things follow the rules of the game and give everybody equal chance to succeed. You just need more variety in this game to flex your style. Buying a ring won't give you that.

/special happy talk

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
*highfives DWN*

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.Just be who you ωαηηα be...

Elloz Vally, how is the thread going?
*has nothing to contribute* xD

...Not what others ωαηηα see.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
It's dying nicely Rayne 3nodding

I think I might salvage the most pertinent solutions (weight/accuracy) and migrate to my tier thread

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Aww, It didn't look like it was dieing but then again, I never really look at this stuff D=
I think we met in one of your threads though..
Hmm, I forget exactly what it was about but it was before we met in the zCB again. <<

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Quite possibly.

That's a long time ago now D:

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Mhm

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Valheita
*highfives DWN*

*returns high fives*

Versatile Defender

10,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
DeathWyrmNexus
Again, Murphy's Law would find a way to screw you more than it would others. You aren't entitled to feel special in an MMO. You are supposed to make yourself special by standing out by virtue of your own merits, not ones the game preconceives for you.

I am the Dark Dragon God of Gaia. Nobody gave me that title but I sure as hell claim it and own it. I lead my clan by virtue of my abilities. My successes weren't given to me in battle. I had to lead successful raids. I had to collect good people to my side. Etc, etc, pointless boasting, pointless boasting.

CH0Z0 isn't special because he was given something, he is renown because he flexes the skill and works that red outfit.

A good example of a game properly making you special is Oblivion. Sure you're the chosen one but that doesn't mean anything except that you are the main character. Everything you get you earn. Every little side power, every spell. When I played, I became the Mad God of the Shivering Isles and leader of every guild in the game. Not because the game made me special but because I made myself special.

Tweaking rarity is a lateral move. You won't be special if people lack your ring collection. A cash shop update on rings won't make you special. If anything, it would make you less special as somebody with Daddy's credit card will just outpace you and make you look like a pauper.

I think you need to find your own sense of greatness. A game can't make you great, not an MMO at least. It can only make things follow the rules of the game and give everybody equal chance to succeed. You just need more variety in this game to flex your style. Buying a ring won't give you that.

/special happy talk

*shoots Murphy*

Their, Murphy is gone. And for good measure... *shoots Murphy's Law Book* Thats gone too. >.<

I stand by what I said. Rarity doesn't exist in the game just about at all.

Dangerous Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Hate to break it to ya, but this is an MMO and thus Skills shouldn't be rare. They probably won't listen to me but that fact still remains true. If you want to be special, be special. If you want somebody else to make you special, play a single player game.
I had an odd idea for a ring set, the Eskimo set! There's not a single ice-themed ring out there. It saddens me. Anyway...

Set makes: Increased max stamina(how awesome would that be?)
Igloo-Ups willpower and stamina regeneration
Frigid Wind-Sends out a 45 degree spray of chilly icy wind to attack foes. Think a quarter circle slash, but a little stronger with a tad more range.
Snow Hammer-Slams the foe with a frozen hammer. Short range, but big damage, think Hack
Icicles-Long range, very weak. Shoots icicles at enemies. Think Hunters Bow.

Whadda ya think, that seem like a good idea?

And I can't wait for Chapter two <3 I'm scootin' along to get my CL to 10 as fast as I can so I'll be ready.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff