Welcome to Gaia! ::

gataka
Shadey Kitty
gataka
It's old.
But relative.
Still haven't answered my question o3o
Since you claimed to have read those old articles many times, it should've been pretty clear to you why I posted them.

The linked thread shows zOMG's popularity (at that time).
The screenshot also shows that zOMG had more monthly users than any other flash space except Rally.

The screen shot shows that zOMG was never given full marketing.

The screenshot shows that the amount of $ spent on 3 months of test campaigning for zOMG was less than a single day's worth of $ spent on marketing Monster Galaxy.

The screenshot shows that engineers were only given a total of 4 months time between 2010 - 2011 to work on zOMG but even so, the first real revenue attempt in 2010 resulted in nearly one quarter of a million dollars from zOMG alone. According to what was stated then, this "greatly exceeds the costs of supporting the engineers, artists and servers."

The screenshot shows that neither millions of users or millions of $ is required to support an MMO.

The screenshot shows (at that time) that even with no new features, zOMG has "always made more money than the server costs".
(and I suspect, that is the real reason it is still running - they can indeed get revenue from it as is. Obviously if they were going into the red over it, they'd yank it completely.)

The screenshot shows that even with the very limited amount of time that the 2 devs were allowed to work on zOMG, it brought in more revenue than what it costed and it is sustainable.

And that my dear, is why I posted those old things.

Familiar Lunatic

Shadey Kitty
Since you claimed to have read those old articles many times, it should've been pretty clear to you why I posted them.
[...] it brought in more revenue than what it costed and it is sustainable.

And that my dear, is why I posted those old things.
The more obvious something is, the more worried I get :V

Still not clear but asking is pointless...

People usually bring up swarf to support the idea that Gaia is lying someway or another.

All the discrepancies between swarf's and Gaia's and other details have been cleared up since and nothing in Narumi's contradicts what has been said.

Anyway, short version is: zOMG! is in maint-mode not because it couldn't be sustainable/is not making any money but making less than other options, so in the grand Gaia scheme further investing in zOMG! is the dumb move. They have better things to spend their resources on.

If you already know that, then you don't believe one bit of it and my best guess at your motives is to warn other Gaians reading the journal that "Gaia is lying" or somesuch.

If you don't then my best guess is you want Gaia to answer to the apparent discrepancy.
And this already has been done o3o

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
What should have happened to threads like these:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What OP and other's keep doing to threads like these:

What I want to happen to these threads:

A Random Act of Terror

What if I told you beating a dead horse is meta?
Since people keep beating the beating the dead horse but that's just beating the dead horse.
I did not originally bring up the topic. It was brought up in a journal and also made into a sticky by a dev. I responded.
I've said my piece.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Binary Mess
A Random Act of Terror

What if I told you beating a dead horse is meta?
Since people keep beating the beating the dead horse but that's just beating the dead horse.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff