Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey guys,

Here's 2 sample videos of zOMG sound effects created by the talented people over at dSonic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4yrXLmGUN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5SCz3kzvbg

We send out animation clips to dSonic then they begin the process of creating the sound effects for the animations. Once we receive the samples back from them with the sound effects added, we provide feedback and it goes through iteration until we approve the sound effects.

Sound effects are just as important as the art in the game. They bring the animations to life, and dSonic did an amazing job for us.

5,650 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Coyote Spirit has one of the best sound effects. heart

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
first of all... go Dsonic! I love the sound fx. and second, since when did we have a go-carting gnome? if that is something that's gonna be added then HOT DIGIDY DOG!
Mighty cow huger 619
first of all... go Dsonic! I love the sound fx. and second, since when did we have a go-carting gnome? if that is something that's gonna be added then HOT DIGIDY DOG!

For those of you who remember, we used to have a gnome lawnmower cart in Village Greens, but we mothball'd it due to visual issues. Hopefully we can bring it back one day.

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
[ JK ]
Mighty cow huger 619

For those of you who remember, we used to have a gnome lawnmower cart in Village Greens, but we mothball'd it due to visual issues. Hopefully we can bring it back one day.
oh... i guess i wasn't here then... it's nice that you're interacting with the communty.

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
Interesting!

I really love the sound effects to the game, when I have to turn them off for various reasons its just not the same D:

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
You spoil us, [JK].
My favorite sound effect in the game is improbability sphere at rage rank 4. Any chance of including a sound effect for whenever reflection activates? Even with the zeroes and notices above your head, it kind of gets lost when you're fighting a crowd. It's of little concern in a crew, but I use improb as my AoE substitute when I solo, and I get a lot of satisfaction from seeing all of the collateral damage that's caused by reflection. I believe adding a sound effect so I can hear some animated getting nailed would add to that satisfaction.
I always loved the mower-cart, bring it back! heart
Kinxed

Agreed.. it also has one of the best animation effects too. We can thank Bietol for that, a super talented contract artist who created most of the ring effects in zOMG!

Bobannan's Wife

Desirable Sex Symbol

12,750 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
[ JK ]
Kinxed

Agreed.. it also has one of the best animation effects too. We can thank Bietol for that, a super talented contract artist who created most of the ring effects in zOMG!

I like the rr4 taunt animation the best wink
tangocat777
You spoil us, [JK].
My favorite sound effect in the game is improbability sphere at rage rank 4. Any chance of including a sound effect for whenever reflection activates? Even with the zeroes and notices above your head, it kind of gets lost when you're fighting a crowd. It's of little concern in a crew, but I use improb as my AoE substitute when I solo, and I get a lot of satisfaction from seeing all of the collateral damage that's caused by reflection. I believe adding a sound effect so I can hear some animated getting nailed would add to that satisfaction.

That's a great idea, tango! Duly noted. smile

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
[ JK ]
tangocat777
You spoil us, [JK].

That's a great idea, tango! Duly noted. smile
maybe like a little *ping* when it reflects and a *woosh* when an attack misses. keep up the good work, [JK]! you spoil us with your interaction and the things you do.

Dangerous Smoker

9,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
It is awesome when someone who works on our beloved game talks to us!

Firebreathing Dragon

23,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Dragon Master 50
I think Stone coalt sounds the best out of all of them and i laughed when the kokeshi made that scream xD bring that lawngnome in the go cart in VG please! I want to take him down twisted will he be the same cl as the other animated in VG or higher?

edit: and Coyote is love <3

Blessed Seeker

9,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tipsy 100
brilliant, thanks for sharing, nice to hear them in a less hectic environment.

My only sound issue is improb sphere @ r4, it is really loud, I have to turn my bass down User Image

oh and why haven't I seen that gnome in a lawnmower before, that's great!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff