Welcome to Gaia! ::

Benevolent Codger

Poyudi Hytori
No Quote Towers

I know this is obviously tangential, but since it's come up a couple of times already: part of the issue is that 'Quote Tower' is a bit of a vague term. The term was originally used before Gaia's post system clipped quotes down automatically, and posts could wind up with literally dozens of nested quotes, which needlessly stretched pages. If you look through some very old threads, you'll be able to see them - but in that sense of the word (the sense I've always known) 'Quote Towers' no longer exist. sweatdrop

The point being, if you're meaning to use the term to discourage something specific, you should probably indicate precisely what that is - as someone who is familiar with the term 'Quote Tower', I wouldn't have known what you meant either. I'm not sure how you'd best explain it ("No nested quotes" would make sense to me, but that meaning of "nested" isn't necessarily commonplace), but since it's something that's important to you, it'd be good to find a way to express it such that everyone understands.

----

I will mention that the event seems like a good idea, and I'll have to come back to see if there are any contests I might be interested in; hopefully I'll find something to participate in a bit, myself... 3nodding

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
Poyudi Hytori
You must wear the avatar you submitted for the duration of the event. (From when you enter until Halloween is over.) Voting will be held on the 25th in a different thread.

do we have until the 25th to submit our avatar entry, or do we have to do it by a previous date?

Fanatical Consumer

Scary avi contest you say? When will I receive my prize?

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
Red Kutai

I know this is obviously tangential, but since it's come up a couple of times already: part of the issue is that 'Quote Tower' is a bit of a vague term. The term was originally used before Gaia's post system clipped quotes down automatically, and posts could wind up with literally dozens of nested quotes, which needlessly stretched pages. If you look through some very old threads, you'll be able to see them - but in that sense of the word (the sense I've always known) 'Quote Towers' no longer exist. sweatdrop

The point being, if you're meaning to use the term to discourage something specific, you should probably indicate precisely what that is - as someone who is familiar with the term 'Quote Tower', I wouldn't have known what you meant either. I'm not sure how you'd best explain it ("No nested quotes" would make sense to me, but that meaning of "nested" isn't necessarily commonplace), but since it's something that's important to you, it'd be good to find a way to express it such that everyone understands.

----

I will mention that the event seems like a good idea, and I'll have to come back to see if there are any contests I might be interested in; hopefully I'll find something to participate in a bit, myself... 3nodding

He Has Fought Too Many Battles To Count....

I've been apart of gaia since 2004. :/ I remember the horror of those quote towers. You do raise A fair point, and so I edited the rules. Hopefully it better reflects what I mean by Quote Towers.

Btw, as my memory serves, Quote towers where always thought of as stacking quotes on one another. Sure smaller Quote towers were normally thought of as fine, and it was the larger ones that annoyed people. But to say Quote Towers don't exist anymore?

Also, I certainly do hope you'll come back an enjoy yourself here. ^.^

....The Souless Angel Fights On, Forever More.

IRL Cat

ain't no party like an s club party

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
do we have until the 25th to submit our avatar entry, or do we have to do it by a previous date?

The cut off point is the day before voting. o3o.

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Mister Male

Who says you'll get one? o3o

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
curtneko

O.o?? What is an "s club" ?

Fanatical Consumer

Poyudi Hytori
Mister Male

Who says you'll get one? o3o

....The Soulless Angel Fights On, Forever More.

I says, but only time will tell. But let me just warn you, this isn't even my final form!

IRL Cat

Poyudi Hytori
curtneko

O.o?? What is an "s club" ?

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Mister Male
I says, but only time will tell. But let me just warn you, this isn't even my final form!

Ooo... Good Luck with that then. o3o

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
curtneko

That explained nothing. o3o

IRL Cat

Poyudi Hytori

That explained nothing. o3o

make it the theme for your event

pwetty pwease

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
curtneko
make it the theme for your event

pwetty pwease

The theme is Halloween. >.>; If you want it as a theme to an event, make your own event?

IRL Cat

Poyudi Hytori

The theme is Halloween. >.>; If you want it as a theme to an event, make your own event?

but... emotion_8c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces