Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you think Gaia should give zOMG! back?

Yes. 0.71 71.0% [ 71 ]
Nope. 0.01 1.0% [ 1 ]
Indifferent. 0.1 10.0% [ 10 ]
Poll Whore 0.18 18.0% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 100 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

User Image

Rina

Hello! Welcome to jzmajor's not so mini-guide to zOMG! Common Threads, Misconceptions and Frequently Asked Questions. I do implore you to enjoy your stay.

As Forum Regulars, we get bombarded with questions, most are the same or similar.
This mini-guide's purpose is to wheedle out the obvious and common questions so that our forum doesn't get flooded with the same old topics. It also means that you don't have to go digging for answers to simple questions.

If you do have a question, please use this format!

[size=18][color=#333333]Can I ask you something?[/color][/size][color=#666666]
[b]Area:[/b]
[b]CL:[/b]
[b]Question:[/b]
[/color]

A sample will look like this:

Can I ask you something?
Area: Bass'ken Lake
CL: 5.0
Question: Why can't I get into the Saw Mill?

Control + F Feature.
Due to an underwhelming response to my poll, I have made a Ctrl + F feature for this section.

Step 1: Open the search in page tool using Ctrl + F (command + F in Macs).
Step 2: Think of some key words for the question you have.
Example,
Question: Where is the Wish Tree?
Key Words: Where, Wish, Tree.
Step 3: Enter the key words you have into the search bar.
There, you should pop right down to the question.
If that didn't happen, then either you choose poor key words, or the question isn't asked lots. If so, post it in this here thread and someone might just answer it.

Key words will be listed beside the question title.

Word of warning: Posting in threads that are spam, is spam itself. Saying that you have reported a thread is harassment. Please be considerate of the ToS when posting in threads, especially spam.
User Image

Dusty
Please note the semi-pretty text title. Isn't it just so semi-pretty?!

For easy access to the sections, special words have been assigned to a section. Use the Ctrl+F feature to get there quick! The word is in brackets and will be in white text at the section title.

• Introduction. (Rina)
  • Contents. (Dusty)
  • Common Threads. (Labtec)
  • Misconceptions. (Frank)
  • Frequently Asked Questions. (Landshark)
  • Soulbinding. (Qixter)
  • Updates, Affiliates and Links to Me. (Lawnshark)
  • Reserved. (Tlauixcalpantecuhtliopolis)
User Image
Labtec

These are the majority of Thread titles that we see posted and reposted often. Please refrain from making new threads about these topics. Try to find a recent topic that is similar to the one you want to make and post there. Where possible, I have provided an original thread for you to post in.

Lag.
Post in this thread if you want the servers to be cycled.

PVP or Player Versus Player.
This topic is old! There is a rather nice thread about zOMG! ideas. If you ever to have one, don't hesitate to post it here!

zOMG! Pets.
Another great idea! Discuss it here!

I Can't Sell My Rings (or similar).
You will find more about Soulbinding and Ring selling in the Soulbinding section.

Post Your zOMG! Pictures! (or similar).
Here is an equally exciting thread about posting your epic pictures!

I Love zOMG!
Cool! So does everyone else! Glad you decided to tell us! It does help!
Post your love or interesting story here! xD AND!!! To make this even better, why don't you make a thread in the Site Feedback Forum! That would be so cool!

klj fda fhasdkjiuv s (or similar)
CB please...

Vent.
So, you had a bad zOMG! experience. Sorry about that. We have all had these. These threads usually are controversial and cause a bit of discussion, so they wont be hard to find. Instead of making a new one, go post in there. You might even get more sympathy!

SS/EB Recrewt (or similar).
I don't really have a problem with these threads. It is good to see players playing that game! xD However, you'd get more attention by posting in two nice little thread already there! xD
Shallow Seas Recrewt.
End Boss Recrewt.

Fix Clan Chat.
Sure, its broken. (Currently, so is whisper and /invite).
We know. Please wait for swarf to come back, and then he can fix it for us! xD

TC/Orbs and CL glitch, also called O_O Glitch (or similar).
This is when people say, or post pictures, that show them with the (in)famous TC or CL/Orb glitch where they have the wrong TC or 99.9 CL and 99999999 orbs. YAY!

What is your favourite ring/animated (or similar)?
A ring thread.

What is the best ring?
You will get the same old people saying it is either Hack or Divinity. Go look in the rings and Ghi guide and make a decision your self.

Selling...(or similar).
It would be better if you sold loot and power-ups in the exchange.

There is a mini-event right now.
Awesome! I wish I could join! Post it here and people might want to crew!

Durem, Aekea make them!
Yeah, we all want it. But unless you can get ten thousand more users to zOMG!, it's most likely not going to happen!

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
-William Shakespeare.
User Image

Frank

Hehe. These usually make me laugh.
Unless specified, the following statements are not true.

Rebuffing Increases Buff Effects.
No, unless at a higher Rage Rank.
It just wastes Stamina. xP

There is a cheat to sell soulbound rings.
Rofl, nah, there isn't.

zOMG! has cheats.
No way, are Devs are nice to us!

You are allowed to use the SS glitch.
That's against ToS. Please refrain from using it. Hypocrite.

Chatting increases loot drop frequency/amount.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha... no.

Having in depth noobish arguments/conversations, that are better for whisper or crew chat, over shout is a really good idea!
Smartie
You're a noob.
Noob
Yeah, but I'm your noob.

If every one in your crew carries Fortune's Favour, then every one gets a 50% Luck bonus.
Nah, FF is a solo-statistic ring. It doesn't effect other people stats. More on Luck here.

A chest opened by the crew leader gives more loot and other drops.
No, it doesn't. That was just invented by controlling leaders. It might also have been invented to that crew leaders could open it when everyone was in the screen.

Developers for zOMG! are scary and unapproachable.
Wash your mouth out! This is not true at all! They are awesome, they care so much about the game. You can even add them as a friend. If you want to meet them; they have a meeting with us zOMGaians every Friday. See this thread for when and where the meet will happen. It will even tell you the theme of the occasion! Don't forget to say hi to me! xDDD

When I daze and use Awaken, I loose Gold/Orbs/Health (similar).
Nope. When you daze and awaken, unlike in many other MMOs, you don't loose anything. Just your buffs; but they just come off regardless. So, there is no need to spam Defib all the time! xD
In addition, there isn't much difference between RR1 Defib and awakening in the null. Except for the walk!

More to come?

For more things not to do in zOMG!, delve into this archaeological wonder!
User Image

Landshark

This section might help you if you think that your question is common.
This is really just a list of questions that are commonly. Answers have been provided too! xDDD

NEW!!! Ctrl (or command for Macs) + F feature.
Due to an underwhelming response to my poll, I have made a Ctrl + F feature for this section. As you may already know the instructions, I will quote them below.

Quote:
Step 1: Open the search in page tool using Ctrl + F (command + F in Macs).
Step 2: Think of some key words for the question you have.
Example,
Question: Where is the Wish Tree?
Key Words: Where, Wish, Tree.
Step 3: Enter the key words you have into the search bar.
There, you should pop right down to the question.
If that didn't happen, then either you choose poor key words, or the question isn't asked lots. If so, post it in this here thread and someone might just answer it.

Key words will be listed beside the question title.

I'm stuck in the Null Chamber, how do I get out? (Null, Chamber, stuck)
There is a Null Crystal at the bottom left that you can click and you will be warped into Village Greens.

Here's a picture.
Its left crystal, in the bottom row. Thanks, Nespin Fernagon, for letting me use this wonderful picture! You really should read his guide, brilliance, I say!

My ring sometimes stops working. Why? (ring, stop, ring not working, doesn't work)
Well, it could be a range of things. It could either be, lag, you have run out of stamina, or your ring is recharging.

When you run out of stamina you see that the blue bottle, located in your stats bar (the one with your rings on it), is empty and the number below it says 0. Stop using rings, and you'll regain stamina. Kneel and you regain it faster (be careful when kneeling, damage is higher when attacked when kneeling). You could also use Divinity; it increases stamina regeneration dramatically.

When your ring is recharging, you'll see it is greyed out and the colour spins back around.
When it is fully coloured again, you can use it. Different rings have different cool down/recharging times.

You can't fix lag. x.x

Where is the Wish Tree? (wish, tree, where)
In Zen Gardens, silly.
Nah, look at this profile. Profile creator is unknown!

Same link for the visions.

Where is Mark's ring? (mark's, ring, marks)
To be honest, I have no idea. Just keep looking around the lake.
The ring position is chosen randomly from six different positions, around the lake, when you get the mission.

Where do I get Music Notes from? (music, note, maestro, where)
The Taiko Drums in Zen Gardens. They are located in the Northern half of the map.

Where are Otami Cliffs? (otami, cliffs, rin, lin)
Here! Entrance by the green T2 (Thanks Bria!!!).

Where are Rin and Lin? (rin, lin)
Orange 3 and 6. (Thanks Bria!!!)

Where is Mika? (mika)
Orange 4. (OMG! BRIA! You are a legend, have you read her guide yet?)

Where are the three Wish Tree visions? (wish, tree, visions)
The windmill in Bass'ken Lake.
The lighthouse in Gold Beach.
The aqueduct in Old Aqueduct.
Look here for a more specific look.

Why are rings soulbound? (Soulbinding, soulbound, rings)
Please see the soulbinding section.

When is Buccaneer Boardwalk or the Arena going to be finished? (BB, buccaneer, boardwalk, arena, stadium)
No one knows. Sorry.

Where is Leon?(leon, where)
By the orange 1, but more like over by the green T3 (the top one). (Thanks again Bria).

Why can't I play any mini-games?(mini, games, fountain, goof, ball)
They are currently broken, and ever since Qixter left they can't be fixed. Sorry for that.

Does TC really matter?(TC, total, charge, matter)
No, not really. I don't really want to debate this, but it really only shows experience and time playing the game (yes, mutually exclusive).

How do I make recipes?(make, recipes)
On the main site, go to Shops -> Back Alley Bargains -> Make Recipes.
Here is a quick link to it.

Why is my ring a question mark?(ring, question, mark)
This one doesn't come up very often any more. Though, in saying that, its always good to cater for everyone.
This is a well known glitch, I don't know why but its not fatal.
Your ring is fine, just refresh the game and your ring will appear as normal.

Can I reset zOMG! and quests?(reset)
No. Not currently. However, you can create a mule account and play with that.
This feature is, apparently, being implemented soon.

Will there be future chapters to zOMG!?(future, chapter, 2, two)
Well, at this point no. But, if there are, and I do find out, then I will update this section! And probably make a thread too! xDD

What is Ghi, what are Ghi Boosts and what do they do?(ghi, boosts, abilities, ability)
Oh, yes! These little babies! They are so awesome! However, they do take a while to acquire. Ghi Boosts are sets of statistic raising boosts, if you will. Currently there are only five Ghi Boost available; I wouldn't know if they are planning on adding more. These five boosts increase Willpower, Health, Luck, Dodge and Accuracy.

You can see your current Ghi Boost status in the Ghi tab of your character's statistic pane.
When you select an icon you will see the name of the currently selected boost; the current status of the selected boost; a small description of the selected boost, telling you what number it is in the line and what it does; and a bar that tells you how far away you are from getting the next Ghi boost level.

There are three levels of Ghi Boosts: Minor, Normal (if you want), and Major.
Example, Minor Willpower -> Willpower -> Major Willpower.
The higher the level, the bigger the boost you get.

Ghi is the "life force" (cheesy, I know) that is absorbed into these Ghi boosts. Yes, that was a whole lot of blah, blah, blah. Let me explain, say you have Major Health boost. You get 300 more health when your Ghi meter is at 100 (or 100%). You would get 150 extra heath when your bar is at 50 (or 50%). So on, and so forth: it goes for all boosts.

For the increases in statistics, go to the Ghi Boosts section of z!F Guide to Rings and Ghi.

What is Rage and how do I use it?(rage)
Rage. Ahhhh. Yes, in the heat of battle you get a little angry. Especially when noobs are around. Sadly noobs don't affect rage. However, rage is a great thing, and you should use it wisely. Why waste rage on stuff when it isn't necessary.

Rage builds up when you use your rings, and when animated use their attacks/debuffs on you.
Buffs increase rage higher than attacks. (Source: personal experience. If this is wrong or right, tell me.)

Next section is adapted from my Papa Saw guide.

Rage is how effective the ring is when it is cast. At high rage, a ring is more effective and may have a special ability, but at low rage a ring is not as effective as at full. This means that an attack ring will produce more damage, and maybe even a debuff. A buff would have a higher stat effect and a debuff would be more effective and have higher damage. Also, Crowd Control rings would last longer.

This is what your Rage Meter looks like (Screenshot taken with full Rage):
User Image
You can find this next to your Ghi meter, Stamina bar and Health thingy. Where your rings are, okay?

Casting at Rage Rank One (RR1):
Hold down the ring, either by pressing its corresponding number or pressing the mouse, within the first stage, usually just one click. It will light up in a brighter red. Keep the bright red in the highlighted section to cast at RR1.
User Image

Casting at Rage Rank Two (RR12):
Hold the ring for a bit longer. Keep the bright red in the highlighted section to cast at RR2.
User Image

Casting at Rage Rank Three (RR3):
Hold the ring for a lot longer. Keep the bright red in the highlighted section to cast at RR3, BUT not all the way.

User Image

Casting at Full Rage (RR4):

Hold the ring until it goes all the way to the end.
User Image

Once you have gotten to the desired rage, don't forget to release the button.

Why do I find that Animated Attack Me all of the Time? (Similar).(attack, at, once, dying)
Well, you are simply using rings that aggro to monsters.

How do I logout?(logout, sign, out)
Close the window or tab. The server will boot you after five minutes.
Or just do nothing for ten, the server will disconnect you.

How do I save the game.(save)
The game saves when you do anything. There is no need to save, the server is always sending information back and forth between your computer.

[Insert NPC here] keeps asking me to kill [insert animated here] [insert number of times] times. But I have already done this quest! Why?!(quest, complete, done, finished, ask, always, the, game, you, lost)
In the game there are quests that are repeatable. You don't have to do them forever. Just do them once, and move on. Here is a list of repeatable quests, for your benefit.

I've just brought a ring and can't find it in zOMG! Where is it?(ring, can't, find, inventory)
Aha! Sometimes rings don't like you. They are still attached to the owner that you brought them from. So they decide to hide. To find them you have to chase them around in your inventory by scrolling right the way down! All the way (yes, all the way redface ). Then you can, if you want, put the ring on, or you can move it back up to the top!

You are an awesome person, why can't I add you as a friend?(add, friend, no, not, now)
Well, unless I talk to you lots, every day, I don't really care.
Well, no. I'm trying to keep my friend list low, so I don't get confused by peoples clutter.
You can add my mule [******** mail-server error popup)though! I AM SELF CONCEITED I KNOW!

If you have any more questions, or think a question should be in the FAQ please post in this thread. If you have a genuine question, please use the question posting style that is mentioned in the introduction! xD
User Image

Qixter

Ah, the lovely Soulbinding!

To the lovely person who took their time to read this:
This will be the last time I pour my heart out into soulbinding. I hope the same for you too, as you should link to this post, it would save so much agony! I have created a code for your convenience.

[quote]Congratulations! You have asked a FAQ without properly researching! This is not necessarily bad, it just means that someone might have to write a really long post about Soulbinding and your rings.
To answer your question, please look at this [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.65884637_6/#6]post (post six, if you aren't automatically placed at the Soulbinding post)[/url]. It will answer your question and any more that might possibly arise. If you do, of course, have more questions, please post in the thread that is provided.[/quote]

To make your life so much easier, please use this instead of writing it out and getting frustrated.
It'll make me feel better too! xP

To the person who asked the question:
Unless you want this in your face, please read on and find out the nice way about Soulbinding.

Your rings are Soulbound.
Ultimately, this means (with a few exceptions):

• You cannot sell your rings.
  • You cannot trade your rings.
  • You cannot gift your rings.
  • When you receive a ring in the game, it is automatically Soulbound.

As I said, there are some exceptions to these rules; if you received your before the 8th of December 2008 then your rings are not Soulbound (as in, exempt from the above rules). This stands unless you equip the ring or rings in the game. Is in, placing them in the ring slots in your tool bar; if you do this, the ring you place in there will be Soulbound. This means the ring will follow the mentioned rules above.

There are two rings that will not be Soulbound, Sweet Heart and Fortune's Favour ONLY. With no Soulbinding, come some rules, you cannot Swap the CL of this ring with these rings, you are also unable to Salvage these rings. You are able to Sell, Trade and Gift these rings.

Then, you ask, why do I see rings for sale in the Marketplace?
As mentioned above, if you received a ring before the 8th of December 2008, then you are able to Trade, Sell and Gift them. People have decided to make a few hairy gold by selling them on the Marketplace.

But why are they Soulbound?
I want to make lots of money too. But, if you look at this graph,
User Image

You can see the effect of unsoulbound rings. Before the Soulbinding, the rings were near worthless with hundreds of rings in the Marketplace. This made it way to easy for people to buy their way through the game, you could buy all 40 rings at CL 10.0 for a total of the price of one ring today. But, then you look at the graph after Soulbinding came in place, the price goes up dramatically, this makes it harder or near impossible for people to buy their way through the game. Kudos to the developers for this idea!

For a more *cough* authoritative approach view Qixter's sticky about Soulbinding in the zOMG! Forum Archives.

Unless you wanted a more joking way of Soulbinding, then look at Nespin's Newbie tutorial!
It is of epic quantity and far surpasses this thread and my other guide(s).

Grammar Note: Correct terms are, Soulbound; Soulbind; Soulbinding; Unsoulbound; Unsoulbind; Unsoulbinding.

NOT the following, spellbinding; spellbound; soulbinded; unsoulbinded; soulbindering; souldbound;

Sometimes people misuse the correct word (or use an incorrect word):
"Unsoulbinding rings please"
"Sorry, rings will never be unsoulbinded"

This is the correct way of phrasing it:
Thard_Verad
"Please unsoulbind the rings!"
"Sorry, rings will never be unsoulbound."

User Image

Lawnshark

Changes.
03/10/2010 -- Corrected the Soulbinding implementation dates. Added sections on Ghi and Rage. Changed the title to a more demanding one. Question about aggro.
04/10/2010 -- Added to the common threads section. (What ring is the best?) How to save and logout. Repeatable quests and Devs and meets. Loot and bugs.
05/10/2010 -- Common Thread: Mini-Events. Added and edited soulbinding grammar.
06/10/2010 -- Made a signature. Removed the poll, made a new one.
Last poll's results:
User Image
08/10/2010 -- Aekea and Durem areas -> common threads list.
Reworded and removed some sections in the common threads section. Fixed typo in misconceptions thread. Made Ctrl + F feature for FAQ and section titles.
Added Red's link! xDDD Added loosing stuff when dazing.
13/10/2010 -- Added new poll. Previous:
User Image
14/10/2010 -- Fixed a few typos and BBCode. Changed a few words. Nothing major. (Hehe, punny)
20/10/2010 -- BANNERZZZZZZZZZZZZ Fixed some more BBCode and did a general tidy up.
21/10/2010 -- The banners that I paid for arrived! xD What to you think? Fixed a typo.
26/11/2010 -- No update in a while. Like a whole bloody month! D: I've added a FAQ to the FAQ section: Can't find a newly brought ring.
28/11/2010 -- Made the Rage thingy better.

Affiliates.
Would you like to affiliate? Post in this thread!

z!F's Guide to Rings and Ghi by Valheita, currently moderated by OMFG Taylor, gataka and Fr33d0m4ever as OMFG Science.

Bria's Guide to your zOMG! Adventures by Bria_Teragram.

zOMG! for Newbies -- A Quick Etiquette by Niomo.

The Quick 'n Dirty Guide to Luck by Lobotryas.

Tome of zOMG Tactics by Z741.

zOMG! Ideas Repository by Red Kutai.

Enlarge zOMG! Dev Team You really should sign this. zOMG! depends on your support.

Links to Me.
I MADE A IMAGE!!!
User Image

Here is the code.
[align=center][url=http://bit.ly/abyC8Q][img]http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af329/jzmajor/sig1.png[/img][/url][/align]

MiIiyah made me some awesome banners! xDDD

User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/abyC8Q][img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee102/sore_wa_hanabi/zOMG/sign1.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://bit.ly/abyC8Q][img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee102/sore_wa_hanabi/zOMG/sign2.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://bit.ly/abyC8Q][img]http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af329/jzmajor/mini-guide.gif[/img][/url]

Thank You!
Lastly, I would like to thank all of these people!

Thanks to all of these people! heart
Z741
Nespin Fernagon
Bria_Teragram
--Truth-To-Cliche--
Myrielle
MiIiyah
Red Kutai
Everyone at the Research Guild.
Everyone at z!IRC; yes, you too Queerie!
And, thanks to you for reading this!
Reserved.Tlauixcalpantecuhtliopolis
O¯O

Best of luck on this here guide. 3nodding

Shy Werewolf

User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

Suggestions: Common Threads is a bit rude... Of course we like it rude, but it may be off-putting to those who don't know.

Misconceptions: True it doesn't increase effects... but it's worth mentioning that it does increase the buff duration to max. (provided it's the same potency)

Bladeglory
User Image The Way of the Sword User Image
~~~0==}|3ladeglory~~~

Suggestions: Common Threads is a bit rude... Of course we like it rude, but it may be off-putting to those who don't know.

Misconceptions: True it doesn't increase effects... but it's worth mentioning that it does increase the buff duration to max. (provided it's the same potency)

Hmm, I wouldn't have thought it as rude...
Hmm, maybe something to consider.

Well, I was trying to get at not to rebuff every five minutes.

Thanks your your feedback!
TheMostMalignantScourge
This is like zOMG for idiots.
I absolutely love it. xd

Thank you for taking the time to post something
as magnificently informing, but sarcastic
as this.
Thanks your encouragement.

Undead Enchantress

FMI Sticky
You should incorporate that since it is the official work on various Frequently Mentioned Issues. It adds a voice of authority and is probably softer to read for most people. Don't forget that the Rules and Guidelines have their own FAQ about many of the subjects this thread already contains. Many things will be redundant.

Also: 12th of November? Don't you mean December 8, 2008?
Erynne
FMI Sticky
You should incorporate that since it is the official work on various Frequently Mentioned Issues. It adds a voice of authority and is probably softer to read for most people. Don't forget that the Rules and Guidelines have their own FAQ about many of the subjects this thread already contains. Many things will be redundant.

Also: 12th of November? Don't you mean December 8, 2008?
Aaaaah. Yes. I was trying to find something like this.
I'll update the thread.
Yeah, but, I have seen that most people ignore the Rules and Guidelines posts and post whatever.
I usually do because it is just a whole lot of gabble and is worded is such a way that you can interpret in lots of ways. I thought a collaboration and prettier thread might help.

Yeah, I meant December 8. xP

Thanks for the link!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas