Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Risk-Taker

***Moved to site feedback, please remove here***

Most formulas use zOMG items, with orb aggregates being the most common.

If zOMG goes bust they will have to do one of three things:

1) Massive overhaul tp alchemy to not include zOMG items - (would require a lot of work)
2) Put zOMG raw ingredients in GoFusion and/or Towns (not too hard, and would keep zOMG items in the MP)
3) Take alchemy away

The third option is the easiest in term of work, but would send a lot of Gaia's wealthiest people packing.

For a long time now, the easiest way to make gold is to buy GCash, buy the popular La Victoire items, and sell them to people who have a lot of gold but no Gcash. Many of the former sunk their vast fortunes into Alchemy, which is actually quite entertaining as well as expensive.

If HQ cannot afford to maintain a relatively simple (compared to fully 3D MMORPGs such as WoW and Star Wars) MMORPG with ads and a primarily GCash economy, then the company has some serious financial waste issues they need to fix ASAP.

The journal post about the "only people who know anything about fixing zOMG are in another department" is crap - any Level 1 (beginning) software engineer could run a "do X, note what happens, compare to what SHOULD happen" software bug test and find the errant code.

Moving programmers to the "social part of the house" sounds like a recipe for disaster unless "Social part of the house" means "coding the forums/main site" - computer code and autism are a long-running dream team (Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg, Jack Dorsey, Evan Williams,and Bram Cohen are famous examples) so computer science departments are likely to have a disproportionate number of employees on the higher-functioning end of the autistic spectrum - in other words, highly intelligent and focused people with little to no social skills (seriously, watch an interview with the people I listed - they are clearly intelligent but have no social skills).

TL : DR Gaia Staff, get your finances and programming resources sorted out soon, because zOMG and Alchemy are the real glue holding Gaia together - without dedicated users, you have no dedicated spenders on GCash...

Familiar Lunatic

°_°

I'm not even sure where to begin.

So I'll just say that Site Feedback is likely a better place to post this than here.

Here is a ghost town.
I don't think they care much for either zOMG! or Alchemy. Given that they gave you the options to just completely buy all the components for many formulas.

The way I see it. Gaia made huge losses over their many bad decisions when making games which cost them millions and so currently are trying to make it all back through any means possible. Once they've done that, we might maybe see a revival of some if not many of their features? surprised

Lucky Risk-Taker

Felis Hircus
I don't think they care much for either zOMG! or Alchemy. Given that they gave you the options to just completely buy all the components for many formulas.

The way I see it. Gaia made huge losses over their many bad decisions when making games which cost them millions and so currently are trying to make it all back through any means possible. Once they've done that, we might maybe see a revival of some if not many of their features? surprised

It's not a matter of whether THEY care about zOMG or Alchemy. If they want to stay in business, they will keep zOMG and Alchemy. zOMG is very important to many, if not most users and it has an impact on Alchemy, which also has quite a following. Without zOMG and Alchemy, there will be fewer people to provide income to Gaia.

Also going to post this to Site Feedback and ask for this thread to be removed, I hadn't considered SF because no one in charge is listening.

Shy Reveler

24,775 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
It's interesting that they added a few Alchemy formulas in GoFusion. Honestly, that's just silly to me. I mean, you have to get charms to craft that formula, and then get components to craft that item from the formula, which you get from the GoFusion formula. Like, really? Lol.
adorabunni
Felis Hircus

It's not a matter of whether THEY care about zOMG or Alchemy. If they want to stay in business, they will keep zOMG and Alchemy. zOMG is very important to many, if not most users and it has an impact on Alchemy, which also has quite a following. Without zOMG and Alchemy, there will be fewer people to provide income to Gaia.

Also going to post this to Site Feedback and ask for this thread to be removed, I hadn't considered SF because no one in charge is listening.

Gaia had already taken that gamble when they released the gold generators (not to mention retiring many games and features) and considering their view on them hasn't changed in over a year, it's safe to say that Gaia cares more for making money than alienating users and that the repercussions of said actions have been less damning then we'd have hoped. That said, they're not oblivious to the fact that they need a userbase to make money which is why we're suddenly seeing a reopening of communication between staff and users among other little things. So there is a good possibility of it returning but not much else ever being done. At least until they're rolling in wealth again and can finally do something ambitious again. ;o

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
In one of the AtS threads Gaia said that Alchemy is going to be phased out for GoFusion.
They never said when it will happen though...

But if they are going to do that, which I hope they don't cause I like alchemy.
Having the lack of items from ZOMG wont matter.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Nenanah
In one of the AtS threads Gaia said that Alchemy is going to be phased out for GoFusion.

If that's true... I'm going to be extremely pissed. classified_fu

Familiar Lunatic

Mage The Red
Nenanah

Teh sourcez:
Narumi Misuhara

Darc Nightgale

I really happy that you guys are doin' this again. So thank you very much.

1st. Achievements, as of lately there only seems to be achievements for kickstarters. I wanted to know if there are goin' to be other achievements, or is it just goin' to be given up on. I know that there are some achievement hunters that have some really good ideas for new achievements. I really hope that Gaia does continue with achievements, and please ones where we don't have to spend real life money to get.

2nd. Alchemy. It's gettin' harder and harder to work on makin' the back wings due to lack of formulas, bugs, rare fish, and inks. I wonder if there is a chance that maybe they could sell the formulas agaian. And maybe put some of those inks, rare bugs and fish into the daily rewards. Or even have some put into rigs. You could also make it where we could make it so we have an option to make some of them through GoFusion.

Again thank you for takin' the time to read my post.

1. Of course, We have a bunch of achievements coming up for the event!

2. This isn't set in stone yet but Alchemy may be retired in favor of GoFusion. However, please post feedback about the two features in SF. We of course don't want to make any decisions blindly as to what features you guys want. What we can do for now however, is add some of these things to Flynn's Plunder!

They a thinkin' 'bout it °3°

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Well that's great. I better start finding a way to finish my Devilish quest, then. sweatdrop
gataka
Mage The Red
Nenanah

Teh sourcez:
Narumi Misuhara

Darc Nightgale

I really happy that you guys are doin' this again. So thank you very much.

1st. Achievements, as of lately there only seems to be achievements for kickstarters. I wanted to know if there are goin' to be other achievements, or is it just goin' to be given up on. I know that there are some achievement hunters that have some really good ideas for new achievements. I really hope that Gaia does continue with achievements, and please ones where we don't have to spend real life money to get.

2nd. Alchemy. It's gettin' harder and harder to work on makin' the back wings due to lack of formulas, bugs, rare fish, and inks. I wonder if there is a chance that maybe they could sell the formulas agaian. And maybe put some of those inks, rare bugs and fish into the daily rewards. Or even have some put into rigs. You could also make it where we could make it so we have an option to make some of them through GoFusion.

Again thank you for takin' the time to read my post.

1. Of course, We have a bunch of achievements coming up for the event!

2. This isn't set in stone yet but Alchemy may be retired in favor of GoFusion. However, please post feedback about the two features in SF. We of course don't want to make any decisions blindly as to what features you guys want. What we can do for now however, is add some of these things to Flynn's Plunder!

They a thinkin' 'bout it °3°

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces