Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
So, I've an idea and people seem to say that if it's an idea about zOMG then it should be posted in the zOMG forum (rather than SF). So I figured I'd start here and get opinions.

So what if you could wear a ring from zOMG on your avatar and have it do some nifty animation?

So I was thinking what if we could make a unique item that would require a ring in the receipe and some sort of item called the animator (that would likely be purchased Cash since Gaia likes animated items to require cash).

Rings drop fairly often in the game and this would be a great way to bring some attention to the game if people are wearing really neat items obtained because of the game. The cash aspect would show staff that zOMG can bring in money as well. And we Gaians get nifty new items out of the mix. Just picture for a moment Fire Rain as an AI, raining down fire around our avatars. Or Coyote Spirit, with a cute companion jumping around our avatar?

What do you think?

EDIT:
The animator, which I'm thinking can be purchased with cash would be something that could be sold on the market so anyone that can buy it. But seeing as rings are soulbound (or expensive on the market) it would force people to play the game if they want to make their own.

Should these items be soulbound to force people to play the game or not?

8,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I like the idea of using rings in recipes! Think it would be really cool. Don't really mind either way about the animations.

Fashionable Dabbler

8,600 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
Interesting!

8,150 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
I would like ring recipes. But not animated.

It would ruin peoples looks and it will be annoying

Moonlight Pirate

24,500 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
I really like this idea. I wouldn't mind paying to make the item but I would want a static pose available also.
I think this is a wonderful idea miss! ^^ I bet divinity would be the most popular.... Either that or halo.
Also it will be a way to support zOMG!, so of course I'm all in!
Add my vote- it would be a good way to draw people into the game, and the idea itself is a neat one. I'd scrape together the cash to get myself some of the buff rings, if I could.
Also I already posted this, but maybe animated plushies too? Exploding cherry fluffs?

Magnetic Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
This is a great idea - I'd love to get an animated forum pose from my zOMG! rings! ( I've been interested in getting an animated item for a while, but the five we have so far don't do anything for me...

I think once they're made, the easiest thing to do would be to treat them exactly like any other animated item - that way to keep them going all we should need to do is to go and buy Blessed Stellarite from Skin Tyte. The groundwork is already done.

And yes, a little boosting of zOMG! is badly needed.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
Czar Bomba

I think once they're made, the easiest thing to do would be to treat them exactly like any other animated item - that way to keep them going all we should need to do is to go and buy Blessed Stellarite from Skin Tyte. The groundwork is already done.

And yes, a little boosting of zOMG! is badly needed.

Exactly like any other animated item (other than it's creation) is exactly what I'd love to see.

Magnetic Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
Miko Chubi
Also I already posted this, but maybe animated plushies too? Exploding cherry fluffs?

That'd be fun too - and why not?

All they need to do is drop in the recipes and we're off - everything else animated-item related is already done and in the bag...

And I can see that getting a LOT of people playing zOMG! again, if only to get the shiny!! It would be like the Easter and Halloween events, except it would NEVER end.

Yes.

Fashionable Dabbler

8,600 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
Czar Bomba
Miko Chubi

All they need to do is drop in the recipes and we're off - everything else animated-item related is already done and in the bag...

And I can see that getting a LOT of people playing zOMG! again, if only to get the shiny!! It would be like the Easter and Halloween events, except it would NEVER end.

Yes.

That might cause these zOMG items to deflate through the basement. So I guess they'd ahve to be REALLY rare to keep the price up and draw more players.

Magnetic Lunatic

10,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
Ave Machina
Czar Bomba
Miko Chubi

Yes.

That might cause these zOMG items to deflate through the basement. So I guess they'd ahve to be REALLY rare to keep the price up and draw more players.

I'm confused - what zOMG! items are you referring to?

The recipes would just be more loot dropped by the animated - like the rings are. And pretty much all loot is of minimum value now, since it's endlessly generated in the game.

And the rings themselves are soulbound so they can't be sold anyway.

So I'm having trouble figuring out what exactly it would be that deflated?? If anything, making new animated items for avatars would put new stuff on the MP to sell, and for the work people did to get and make them, I doubt any of it would go cheap, recipes or finished items.

In fact, if anything, it might increase demand for loot and other recipes - which would push the prices UP.

Fashionable Dabbler

8,600 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Profitable 100
Er, sorry, I meant the items proposed in this topic. sweatdrop

Blessed Visionary

10,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I think it'd be a cool idea, even the soulbinding.

The one thing I'd be iffy on is that the animated items take a ton of work, (judging by how only a couple come out a month) so I don't know if they can do it realistically without charging cash for it the way they're doing now.

I wish crying

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces