Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Ah, one of the oldest and least likely of suggestions.

Every element of zOMG was created with the idea of *cooperation* in mind. Thus the need to crew everywhere.

PvP would require a ground up rebuilding of every ring, every stat, every Animated, every instance, EVERYTHING. In short, it would literally require building a brand new zOMG from scratch.

Aside from the fact that we have to *beg* just to get BASIC BUG FIXES, this would be a horrifying waste of effort.

That's without getting into what PvP does to playebases - it creates griefers. It creates anger and angst - look at all the BS from HoC over people "forfeiting" when they're being Essence Farmed. "How dare you quit on me while I was artificially prolonging the game by holding you down and beating the crap out of you". Any system for PvP that does not account for griefers is doomed, and in zOMG's cooperation-centric gameplay, that goes double.

Anything done for this would have to essentially be a completely separate game accessed from within zOMG. No connection to the rest of the world - no way to spamkill players with thousands of "duel" requests, no way to PK (we already have enough grief with Cherry Bombs, and that's not a common issue any longer because there aren't enough people to make it "fun" to grief them).

So really. No. If they REMOTELY were ever going to add ANY content back into the game, the last thing I would want them to do is tear down what we have and replace it with a griefer's paradise.

Gallant Vampire

9,500 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Eh, True that Zomg was made with teamwork in mind but still, having the option of PvP isn't bad.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Dracule Blackheart
Eh, True that Zomg was made with teamwork in mind but still, having the option of PvP isn't bad.
As long as it has zero impact on the rest of the game, sure.

But again, you're still saying "Yes, I think the ability to kill other players against the basic concept of the game is far more important than getting any new content, quests, areas or anything original"

Lonely Gaian

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
dude all they'll have to do is just make a sever only for PVP or just make option select in the null chamber.they wont have to chnge zomg they'll mybe have to make new places like arena's.But they wont have to changes that much stuff.You seem to bbe gooing over board in the speech there XD or over-looking the changes talk2hand .But even u have to agree that a PVP option is a wonderfull idea.

Omnipresent Cultist

11,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Brandisher 100
Hopeless_Yack
dude all they'll have to do is just make a sever only for PVP or just make option select in the null chamber.they wont have to chnge zomg they'll mybe have to make new places like arena's.But they wont have to changes that much stuff.You seem to bbe gooing over board in the speech there XD or over-looking the changes talk2hand .But even u have to agree that a PVP option is a wonderfull idea.
They'd have to change how the rings work. How targeting works. How damage is dealt with, the order attacks happen. They'd have to install speed limiters to keep ping hackers from blasting through on overclocks. The list goes on, and on, and on. And this goes without the toxic culture that PvP brings into the playerbase (see: Every other PvP enabled MMO in existence, starting with Ultima Online and the continuing Trammel/Felucca BS for a most instructive example). There's a reason WoW and other MMOs stopped focusing on PvP and started focusing on content. The PvP market isn't stable, it's not healthy for games, and it pisses off the entire population eventually unless it's kept 100% separated.

And at that point, again, you're talking about making a completely separate game. And why would you not just go ahead and do that?

Gallant Vampire

9,500 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Not exactly, I do agree with the PvP, But I don't agree it being possible when anybody so wishes, like in an mmorpg called Silkroad, I think one should be able to put some kind of badge or activate something to be able to PvP, changing the rings may be good but it isn't necessary. That's my opinion of course.

Lonely Gaian

7,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Profitable 100
Dracule Blackheart
Not exactly, I do agree with the PvP, But I don't agree it being possible when anybody so wishes, like in an mmorpg called Silkroad, I think one should be able to put some kind of badge or activate something to be able to PvP, changing the rings may be good but it isn't necessary. That's my opinion of course.

I agree with that! fully! And if it pisses people then thats why they should and well add selection between PVP and PVE. That would make sense. Plus why change rings? why ccant they work the way they work on monsters,huh? On other MMO games none of the stuff u sid would happen on a PVP option on zomg,never happeds on the other MMO games like HoC,or that monter glaxy game. And other mmo games out there o-o. I was on mmo game once and they were about to add a PVP option on the site.Took them 1 week to fully complete.And when it was done no hacks or anythin was on it. i can go on youtube and look up cheats for it and ill find none if i can remeber the name. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff