Welcome to Gaia! ::

w.o.l.f.i

So you're ASSUMING that no one on Gaia has an iPad.
You're already miserably wrong, most of the people in the LD post from their iPads.
& the zOMG team has already tested the game on the iPad, so obviously the costs aren't that high.
The real issue is that we don't have enough staff, but we can GET MORE if we have an idea that
shows the ability to reach new players and generate revenue, I wonder how we can do that?!!

sit back down where you belong, on the corner of my bar with your high heels on.

Omnipresent Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
homewrecking heroine
Mister Him

Everything you've mentioned has already been disproved in this thread.
Try reading, I wont waste my time copy and pasting for you.

sit back down where you belong, on the corner of my bar with your high heels on.

OP stated flash can be converted to iOS format.

He obviously doesn't know how gaia's flash mechanics work.

Disregarding that AGAIN (key part right here, i suggest you set down your mouse, uncross your legs, and put your face right up to the screen and read this aloud to yourself) the cost to do so (if its possible) far outweighs gaia's current revenue (we are in the negative, IIRC)

--------------------------------

and firemonkey already made the statement with the flashcode issues.

------------------------

Please, for the love of this forum, stop being the largest f*****t to ever register on gaia.

and do try and provide sauce on your claims (requoting disproven s**t ITT doesn't count)

wink

Dangerous Sex Symbol

homewrecking heroine
w.o.l.f.i

You're already miserably wrong, most of the people in the LD post from their iPads.
& the zOMG team has already tested the game on the iPad, so obviously the costs aren't that high.
The real issue is that we don't have enough staff, but we can GET MORE if we have an idea that
shows the ability to reach new players and generate revenue, I wonder how we can do that?!!

I said that I'm assuming the MAJORITY of Gaia does not own an iPad. Not ALL. I said MAJORITY.

Omnipresent Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
homewrecking heroine
w.o.l.f.i

Get staff
Have to pay staff

where get money?

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
LD now equals "Miserable people with iPads". I think it would be fair to say that more people have other types of tablets which would most likely have the Android OS. Thus making flash not a problem. I've noticed almost a mass exodus away from Apple products as soon as Jobs died and when it comes to tablets, folks know that they can't afford the iPad and thus spring for something half the price.

Of course, I could be talking out of my a**.

With all the talk about allocating resources for the present game, Gaia isn't willing to "risk" anything on zOMG!...even if we have been beating down their expectations for awhile now.
Mister Him

WAHHHH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Did you read further down the page where someone HAS BEEN PLAYING zOMG on their iPad due to applications that allow you to browse flash content? No. Because, again, you have no ******** clue what you're talking about. Go do some research and get back to me.

Mister Him
where get money?

From buying the zOMG app and upgrades for the game on the iPad,
just like Facebook does with Farmville and all those games. Seriously.
You're ******** clueless.

Omnipresent Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Pilfer von Durem
LD now equals "Miserable people with iPads". I think it would be fair to say that more people have other types of tablets which would most likely have the Android OS. Thus making flash not a problem. I've noticed almost a mass exodus away from Apply products as soon as Jobs died and when it comes to tablets, folks know that they can't afford the iPad and thus spring for something half the price.

Of course, I could be talking out of my a**.

even still, you still have a problem with the crushed up screen.

it would be nice, but its just not practical, portability wise.

and yeah, you could just buy a keyboard for your ipad, but why not just buy an acer aspire one instead? (same price as an ipad)
w.o.l.f.i
I said MAJORITY.

THAT'S THE POINT. Why would we want to convert players from Gaia to an iPad?!
It's to reach the people who own iPads and AREN'T CURRENTLY PLAYING GAIA.

Mister Him
you could just buy a keyboard for your ipad, but why not just buy an acer aspire one instead? (same price as an ipad)

Because if you're buying a keyboard for your iPad you ALREADY HAVE AN IPAD.

Apocalyptic Slayer

16,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Survivor 150
And you think an outdated graphics game with limited playing capacity (virtually no updates) is going to hook people all up in Gaia?
Don't get me wrong, I love zOMG! But I only love it because it is from Gaia. If I wanted a game on a similar plane, yet with a richer playing experience, I'd go back to the 9 year old Ragnarok Online.

At least Monster Galaxy is giving the masses what they want...Pokemon with no thought required.

Omnipresent Lunatic

9,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
homewrecking heroine
Mister Him
where get money?

From buying the zOMG app and upgrades for the game on the iPad,
just like Facebook does with Farmville and all those games. Seriously.
You're ******** clueless.

where do you get the money in the first place to make the apps and the content.

again, your not thinking from an economic view-point. lets say they make this app and it took a whole
$50k USD*
to make.

the revenue from all the blood amulets made was around $22,000----or 5000 amulets sold total @ $15 (someone can correct me on that).

now, lets say they put the app at $15. the people needed to buy the app would have to be ~10,000 just to meet the cost of making the applet alone making a profit

that number right there is 1/3 of gaia's TOTAL active users at this moment (rounded up to 30k)

BUT WAIT....

according to
Pan
only 5% of daily users play zOMG!

that means you would have get 25% of the users currently online to buy the app, then get the other 5% to buy the app (why would they, they are on computers?)

----------------------------------------------

No seriously, stop making snide comments. your only derailing a thread that started off okay.

*the total cost to make an ipad app from scratch is 200k according to their estimates. i took a conservative estimate of 90k then divided it in half
Shamelessly formatted by GaiArch.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

EDIT:

it appears my numbers are slightly off.

Gaia would either have to charge more for the app (about 2.5 times) or you would need about 2.5x more players to meet the $50 grand cost.

sorry, the numbers just will not work for making the app.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
While having an app for zomg sounds like a lot of fun, I think the amount of work if would take to make it more ipad friendly would far out way the number of people/new players that it would bring in. So while a cool idea, I'd rather have a whole new area to run around in, or some of those bug fixes they keep promising.

7,625 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
fire monkey95
Phazrik
fire monkey95
lag, apple products dont have flash so the game wouldent work, lag, limited market because you would still need a gaia account or apple product, lag, also not everyone can get there hands on an ipad, lag, apple apps need to work with ipod, iphone and i pad, game wouldent play well on a phone, Lag oh btw . . . did i mention lag?
Obviously you've never played an mmo on 3g speeds. There isn't much lag. Flash can be converted to iOS format, its happened before and they already have a team working on iphone s**t so it wouldn't be hard. With ANY MMO you need the account to play, and its just another way for people to play zOMG with a nice interface. It could even work for iphone/ipod.
never said that the internet on a 3GS is slow, i said it will cause lag because it will becaome slow when connected to the zomg server, converting an MMO to app . . . havent heared about this example please? ... anyways it would take AGESSSSS to create an app able to run zomg, plus its espencive, the zomg team has little funsing do they wnt take that risk, and the app development team wouldent even attempt this, i think you need to read into things like this more.

thats BS bro my droid 3 ran zOMG (with a long loading time) fine biggrin
zOMG for the IPad would be quite useful. Actually, I got a virus from zOMG and Gaia online when using my mom's work computer. So I ended up using my mom's IPad instead. I was sad to find out that zOMG doesn't work on this though, due to the fact that it's my main source for Gaia gold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff