Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
WideEyed
In the interest of keeping as much straight as possible, here's a POST which says that Soul Crash is not the "New Game", so maybe our initial fears of it being tied to Facebook are premature?

Maybe. It's hard to say, until more info about the new game comes out.

Desirable Hunter

10,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Object of Affection 150
No more zOMG!! That's not good! I've only been on gaia for what? 100 days or so? zOMG is the best part of gaia! Why would they get rid of it?

6,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
redgreanblue
No more zOMG!! That's not good! I've only been on gaia for what? 100 days or so? zOMG is the best part of gaia! Why would they get rid of it?

It's not going be gotten rid of just yet, however there won't be any new updates.

Desirable Hunter

10,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Object of Affection 150
petiele
redgreanblue

It's not going be gotten rid of just yet, however there won't be any new updates.

how can zOMG survive with out mantinets? wont it become unable to be played?

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
redgreanblue
petiele
redgreanblue

how can zOMG survive with out mantinets? wont it become unable to be played?

I should imagine they will continue cycling the Servers on a regular basis.
I don't believe the plan is to axe zOMG!, just ignore it.

Fixes will be pretty unlikely though, so if something really gets broken, I'm guessing all bets might be off.

Only time will tell.

Mega Hoarder

I don't have time to read everything.

I'm totally pissed off. I love zomg. It has so much potential. Gaia admin totally fails to appreciate it.

I don't care about the new game. I don't switch loyalties that easily. I cannot be bought off by waving some new trinket in my face.

I want more zomg.

*descends into wordless snarling rage*

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
RafiCat

I'm totally pissed off. I love zomg. It has so much potential. Gaia admin totally fails to appreciate it.

I don't care about the new game. I don't switch loyalties that easily. I cannot be bought off by waving some new trinket in my face.

I want more zomg.

*tipped hard*

SFRN_Sylvia's Significant Otter

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
tl;dr thread, and most of op.

Saw Owlie post this earlier. I'm not surprised. I loved zOMG.. yeah. LoveD. It got boring. I stopped because there were no new features. Sure, I played it on mules.. but it was the same thing. I'd finished it. I did EB like, maybe twice? The last few times, there were no crews, so I left. They don't realize no one is on because they aren't producing anything new.

This has been coming for a long time. I wish they wouldn't, but I doubt they care anymore. I came on here mainly for zOMG. It held my interest. After a while, after you do everything.. -shrugs- I hate how it seems they have a nasty habit of leaving everything on the back burner. I've made friends through zOMG (oheythurr wideeyed), and I know plenty of others have, too.

I wonder how long it's going to take for the site to completely die. Housing, zOMG.. The population is shrinking.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
RafiCat

I want more zomg.

You know, you were one of the first people I thought of when I heard the news that zOMG! was being put into "maintenance mode".
At least it's not being axed immediately, so we still have time to get things done.
With any luck at all, it'll be like it's been for the last few years.....nothing new, but still zOMG!, which is still pretty good! smile

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Syesta

Darn....that means you missed my poem. xp

SFRN_Sylvia's Significant Otter

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
WideEyed
Syesta

Darn....that means you missed my poem. xp

Nah, I read that. xD

Desirable Cat

-Finally can post huge posts since she's no longer at work on her android. X3- Thank you for bringing this to light. I hardly ever go into the GCD so most likely would not of seen it...

Thanks a lot for showing us how much you really care for your users and not just their pocketbooks Gaia. Say goodbye to the revenue from mine and my boyfriends monthly auto-cash subscription(you lost my mom long ago), and eventually to me as a user after I'm done completing DMS and beat Kamilla. If there's going to be no improvements or new content, there's no reason for me to stay on the website. I've never been a big forum goer/poster, towns/rally and housing seem pointless to me when all you can really do is walk around and decorate not much to it there. I've spent more time on this website just in the past year than I ever had before. I've felt more in touch with the community and have made countless of new friends, more in the past year than in the 8 years I've been a member.
You killed your MMO yourself, Gaia. As soon as people got wind of the axe falling, a lot jumped ship. You lost a lot of players just because YOU didn't have faith in your own game. Much like the beanie baby and hot wheel craze... There's still people buying, but not as big of a following because the bigheads announced a stop of production or something of the like. Most people don't like gambling on precarious things. I feel like I gambled and just lost... I only feel justified in that the past few months have been the best I've had on this site, but am saddened to know they will also most likely be last.

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
No more zOMG?...I don't think people would be happy about this much. I really love zOMG and didn't want zOMG to be gone in gaia at all.

3 years in gaia. Only reason i'm here if for fun playing in zOMG and some of my friend but if there wasn't anymore zOMG, not won't i would come online anymore.

Friendly Warlord

Saddening definitely, but there may still be hope, somehow.

Unluckily, it shows how Gaia would just ignore us. Even with the amount of cash we've spent on zOMG, they found the idea of just shelving it until further notice a good idea.

Conspiracy is that maybe they want us to stop spending money on it to justify that it's not doing well. It already made some nice revenue, but they're still shelving it(until there may be updates somehow).

How they ignore is very evident, if I imagine [ JK ]'s words right, they're working a new game that has some of zOMG's elements like how they do the monsters. Now imagine this, they can make a whole new game that may be similar to zOMG instead of supporting a game that's already there and have the chance to do good. They are able to make a whole new game and not support an old one.

It's rather discouraging, but when I find the time, I shall join another demonstration for them not to ignore zOMG.

Desirable Genius

Zomg ha been on the march of death since its first year. It became glaringly obvious to me after i had aquired all the rings and assembled what many would view as an arsenal. within a week that. most people would not see the beautiful social opportunity this game brings to gaia. I will be sad to watch it march the black road to oblivion as it walks the plank out of the minds of those who lack loyalty to it any more. Much the way of the great societies of Rome and Greece. this mighty wonder has fallen. bend a knee and shed a tear the titan has been usurped by its own sons and cast into the eternal pit never again to rise by the Herculean strength it birthed. Farewell my friend. you will be missed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff