Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
WideEyed

Thank you. I didn't want people's hopes to go down the drain because of misinformation. I just wanted to make things clear. ^^;

But even though you say that I'll keep my optimism up.

Ethereal Trickster

21,240 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I originally joined gaia solely for Zomg back in sept 09, I did not even touch forums till spring 2010 it was so much fun.

I honestly use it as my sole source of gold, and would be on more if not for college.
I am still leveling my rings up, and if it would help and I had the time would personally volunteer to help concept new ideas for Zomg.

I am a concept person after all, it is my one big strength and if I could use it to help Zomg survive that would be great.

Personally even though it is going on a long hiatus, so that gaia can help Hucklersburg make more money and use his site (which probably costs more hosting wise cost) to run them I don't care as long as Zomg stays.

And we still see Jack once in awhile...

Greedy Noob

•••
      When I heard the news, I was really saddened.
      The fun we had afterwards with him was bittersweet... ._.

Genius

If you guys want to see how the new game looks like check this link out. It looks pretty neat and Pan's said it'll be avaliable on Gaia too.

Link

Fairy

13,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Prayer Circle 200
I think I'd miss you guys the most. Not so much the game - it bores the wits out of me most of the time.

But I've met some of the funniest and most amazing people through this game <3

I love all my smexy blue dots ;3 muah ♥
you guys know who you are wink

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Wow, just logged in to find this. So sad, and so beautifully written. I've only read the first couple pages, and plan on reading more, so maybe there has been some resolution? Anyway, I'm a regular buyer of GC, but if Zomg dies, I will have no reason to buy any more. crying

Eloquent Explorer

Tigrosharu
Personally even though it is going on a long hiatus, so that gaia can help Hucklersburg make more money and use his site (which probably costs more hosting wise cost) to run them I don't care as long as Zomg stays.

This is opinion right here. zOMG is really the only thing keeping me interested in Gaia right now (that a few items),
so as long as it stays, I don't mind too much that we don't have anything new or have the events (they lag a lot anyway).
Although, for those that have gotten all their badges, beat all the bosses, explored all areas, etc it will suck.

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
WideEyed
Well, a quick perusal around the Games Page and Soul Crash Forum, sure seems to imply that this is the replacement for zOMG!
As I read through the FAQ, I could see a lot of similarities in the mechanics.

It's also strictly FB, which means I won't be playing.

I won't be playing it either then. If ZOMG is "dead", once I get attuned and see/defeat Kamila, it's either going to be badge hunting, or pretty much done with Gaia. Only reason why I even get onto Gaia anymore is for ZOMG.

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
Alcestice
    •••
      When I heard the news, I was really saddened.
      The fun we had afterwards with him was bittersweet... ._.

^

Wheezing Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Survivor 150
Well, I guess it's good that I still have Kamila to look forward to beating and epics to craft. I'm sort of on the fence as to whether I think this is just another down period or utter demise. I suppose only time will tell.

As for the new games ("high fantasy" and the cat game), they look rather nice and I'll most likely try playing them... so long as they're not on FB. I tried playing MoGa, but quickly lost interest, seeing as how I rarely have any desire to touch my FB ever. Not to mention FB's intrusive nature...

-Keesune-'s Significant Otter

Dapper Stalker

Well, can't say I didn't see this coming. sweatdrop

I don't like it, but I think it's been obvious for a while now that Gaia has been doing everything it can to shake off zOMG and keep it on a dusty back shelf for a while now.

Even though DMS provided us with fantastic new content; it didn't lead anywhere. There is no 'To be continued' storyline once you have defeated Kam. It feels more like a cross between a cash cow for the z!F to pour their money into and an apologetic offering to the community for the inevitable death of a well-loved game.

I don't feel that this should be a one-sided argument so I will say that I understand that Gaia is a business and I don't think that zOMG has the potential to make enough profit to keep both itself and Gaia going. zOMG did have potential, but Gaia screwed up and the game lost its focus.

Gaia is still screwing up, because they're spreading their resources too thinly in trying to keep up with all the latest online fads. Releasing one FB game after another. It seems to be going O.k for them at the moment, but with the commitment troubles they have I can see massive problems arising in the future. I am curious to see what their new game will be like but I'm not going to hold any long term expectations for it.

If any previous zOMG devs are reading this:
You guys have done a fantastic job on the game and the z!F was amazingly lucky to have such an talented group of people looking after us. : ) It's just a shame the head honchos of Gaia are about as coordinated as a one legged chicken on ice.

((Also, JK, you've put so much time into the community already, I'd hate to see you have a nervous breakdown due to stress or something. I hope you don't end up over working yourself. ^^; If it comes down to it, I think the z!F would understand if you had to stop working on the game. I'd hate to think we were holding you back. >: ))

That being said, technically zOMG isn't dead yet. It's back in stasis mode, we're at the point we were at a year ago but with a maximum CL of 12 and some dead vamps under our belts. o3o

C:

I came back to Gaia because my boyfriend (we weren't dating then though) kept talking about it and I wanted to play. That was in '10, left zOMG! when my computer couldn't handle it anymore it's a real dinosaur but it was fun to play.

Often wish I could play it again, never played for the gold but the fun times with friends to randoms.

heart

Perfect Saint

I took a look at the FAQ. Apparently, this is where all the conceived updates for zOMG have gone like PvP(coming soon), elemental upgrades and other stuff. The art is nice too.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Myrielle
I took a look at the FAQ. Apparently, this is where all the conceived updates for zOMG have gone like PvP(coming soon), elemental upgrades and other stuff. The art is nice too.

No question that the art is beautiful, and honestly, I wouldn't have expected anything less from the amazingly talented people on the Gaia Team.
It's just that, for me at least, it almost feels "generic", in that I feel like I've seen it before and it holds none of the "whimsy" that I find so charming and engaging in zOMG! specifically, and Gaia as a whole.
If they bring it fully within Gaia, meaning that I don't have to touch FB in order to play, I'll probably give it a look just out of respect for the people who made it, but zOMG! is my first MMOG love, and I doubt that anything, no matter how pretty, could take it's place in my heart.

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
In the interest of keeping as much straight as possible, here's a POST which says that Soul Crash is not the "New Game", so maybe our initial fears of it being tied to Facebook are premature?

**Edit**
Here's a LINK to a movie I found on YouTube which shows a bit of Soul Crash's game play.

Pay no attention to the guy who posted it! rofl

If you played MOGA, some elements will be immediately familiar, but this appears to be totally unlike the pictures that were posted from the Ohayocon, to it looks like the "New Game" isn't Soul Crash.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff