^

Compliments of Lord Lunar.

Jujubellee's Husband

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Wh you go back to the factor of money spent on zOMG! by all users who have played/enjoyed it, I honestly can't imagine HQ could honestly look us in the face and tell us we didn't generate enough revenue.. Gaia gave us a limited quantity of Bloodstone Amulets, and we all collectively spent $20,000 real dollars to buy them all up (I bought and freebie-gifted at least 6 myself). Then factor in the amounts spent by near-innumerous masses on Power-Ups, Bundles, Summons, and more for the sake of supporting zOMG!, it seems as though the rumors of Gaia HQ taking that money and funneling it elsewhere (such as into Facebook games that I for one couldn't really give two sh*ts and a flying rat about) and giving us the middle finger all the while..

Am I the only one who's now taking screens of all the promised updates, and the screens of every item I ever spent real cash on since '10 for the sake of supporting z!, for the purpose of potentially suing Gaia and showing them that when money is spent on something, it's not a wise idea to send that money elsewhere to something I never spent it on? I spent a tiny portion on MoGa and was burned each time, so never again. I spent a tiny portion as well on BYM and then realized it got me nothing, so I said F it and never spent another red cent. Over the last few months alone since August '11 I've spent at least $1000 of real cash on G-Cash, and 3/4 of that at least went to z!, not to mention everything I spent on it from September '10-April '11 before a brief hiatus. I will not be spending any time or money on this new game, despite my support for the z! Devs working on it.. If my money is also being spent on that new game instead of being used to fund z! which was the purpose of my money being spent, I feel like suing Gaia to show them it's impolite to ignore the people who are funding them at every stage.

Facebook sucks, so Gaia can also politely send those games back to their source and let z! thrive again.

/end rant

Fatcat

Alas, it was fun while it lasted. I'm disappointed that it was shelved, and I think I'd prefer them to focus more on zOMG! rather than the new game.
I'm pretty ******** pissed.
Idgaf if zomg isn't making money.
Idgaf about the new game.
If zomg leaves, I'm not coming back, and I'm sure a lot of other people are leaving too.
This is ******** bullshit.

Invisible Mage

11,400 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Invisibility 100
I feel as if I got attuned and all for nothing. ;~; I love my zOmg

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Drift Soul
So they won't be doing anymore updates to zOMG, but the game will still be there. So basically it will be like before when you just farmed EB over and over and over until some new content came out. So now we will just farm DMS and all the other areas until they deem zOMG worthy of getting another update. So big deal.

Well, I can only speak for myself, and my situation is probably different than a lot of Gaia's user base, but after having beat the EB on numerous accounts and pretty much having nothing left to do in zOMG! other than grind for Badges, I lost interest about a year back and only returned with a vengeance when it looked as if there was actually going to be new stuff to do.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed zOMG!
The game is a huge amount of fun as long as you're working towards a goal, and the level of engagement in the zOMG! Community is way more than any of the other parts of Gaia.

Even if you're not actively playing, there's always something zOMG! related to do, and it's that social aspect that's missing, for me at least, when it comes to pretty much every other game on the site.

From what I read of the Meat transcript, there won't be any updates forthcoming ever, which means there will ultimately come a point after which there will be nothing to do in zOMG! other than farm or grind, and neither of those holds any lasting appeal for me.

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Ffffffff---inally.

Tiny Kitten

thats suck :/

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
RevvRaptor
Wh you go back to the factor of money spent on zOMG! by all users who have played/enjoyed it, I honestly can't imagine HQ could honestly look us in the face and tell us we didn't generate enough revenue.. Gaia gave us a limited quantity of Bloodstone Amulets, and we all collectively spent $20,000 real dollars to buy them all up (I bought and freebie-gifted at least 6 myself). Then factor in the amounts spent by near-innumerous masses on Power-Ups, Bundles, Summons, and more for the sake of supporting zOMG!, it seems as though the rumors of Gaia HQ taking that money and funneling it elsewhere (such as into Facebook games that I for one couldn't really give two sh*ts and a flying rat about) and giving us the middle finger all the while..

Am I the only one who's now taking screens of all the promised updates, and the screens of every item I ever spent real cash on since '10 for the sake of supporting z!, for the purpose of potentially suing Gaia and showing them that when money is spent on something, it's not a wise idea to send that money elsewhere to something I never spent it on? I spent a tiny portion on MoGa and was burned each time, so never again. I spent a tiny portion as well on BYM and then realized it got me nothing, so I said F it and never spent another red cent. Over the last few months alone since August '11 I've spent at least $1000 of real cash on G-Cash, and 3/4 of that at least went to z!, not to mention everything I spent on it from September '10-April '11 before a brief hiatus. I will not be spending any time or money on this new game, despite my support for the z! Devs working on it.. If my money is also being spent on that new game instead of being used to fund z! which was the purpose of my money being spent, I feel like suing Gaia to show them it's impolite to ignore the people who are funding them at every stage.

Facebook sucks, so Gaia can also politely send those games back to their source and let z! thrive again.

/end rant

While I applaud your passion, and share your sentiment, I doubt we'd have much luck taking a legal stance.
As I recall, there were never any promises that increasing the revenues zOMG! appreciated would ensure it's growth or even it's survival.
It was always framed as maybe helping.
Legally, I don't think Gaia has done anything wrong.
Morally though, I think their treatment of us sucks, because I have no doubt that they've known for quite some time that it was going to come to this, and let us go on our happy, delusional course, quite content to collect the money we spent and direct it towards newer and shinier enterprises.

Benevolent Lunatic

I think it is more of the Devs will not add anything more to Zomg. I think they were working on another area, but it will probably never get created. I think halting is good because it will give people a chance to experience DMS.

It does not mean they will get rid of it.
THEY CANT GET RID OF ZOMG! I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON HERE FOR A YEAR BUT I LOVE THAT GAME. They cant just end it. Its how i go and take out my anger that people cause me on here. It just a game where u can let loose and enjoy yourself with other people playing with u. With out Zomg gaia has no meaning.!!!!!!!

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
You guys weren't there for the whole thing. What was posted on the front page is not all that was said. JK said zOMG! was on HIATUS, not that it was done for. I know you all are saddened by the news, but don't make it seem worse than it is. There is still a chance of zOMG! staying alive, don't give up on it just yet. They are currently working on the new game, but they will NOT shut zOMG! down. It is still up for us to play and enjoy, but they are simply not working on it. All of the devs efforts are being put into the new game, hoping that Gaia will get more players active in the actual gaming. Although there are plenty of people already playing zOMG! they want to add more players.

Don't think of this as the end of the world for zOMG! If they wanted to 'pull the plug' on it, they would have. And although I agree with Miss-Maron-O 100% (reactions and everything when he was telling us), I don't think it will be the end. They are, after all, giving us a chance still. This might just be a change to better zOMG! with the ideas that they make for this new game. Re-read the posted image, he clearly states that it's a possibility.

Also where it says
Me: "zOMG is staying throughout this whole ordeal yes? If not I'd be very sad, I love zOMG too much to stop playing it."
JK: "Well it's a possibility, but there's no guarantee there"
He was not talking to me. He was answering another question that was not in 'shout'. Please don't mix things up, it only confuses people. His reply to me was this line: "zomg is not gone.. just in maintenance mode atm"

There are holes in this conversation, if you could see the normal 'talk' chat, you would understand more fully of what is going on. Just seeing this little section is like seeing part of a puzzle. You guys trying to fill in the holes yourself is making it worse for those who are just reading what was posted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I agree with what they're doing, but we can't do anything at this point of time. All we can do is continue to support zOMG! You guys are making it seem hopeless when it's really not. You have to think more about what you CAN DO, instead of just thinking of what you WOULD have done. The main reason why I'm on Gaia at all is zOMG! to be honest, and most of my friends, if not all of them, were made over that game. I go to this game when I want to get away from real life, or if I want to talk to my friends, or just have fun with them. My guild actually does birthday raids on zOMG! just for the fun of it. And it's true that a lot of the storyline is based around the game. So in my opinion I don't think they should get rid of it. They should keep it, since a lot of Gaia's community plays and enjoys this unique, enthralling, fun game they created. I was never really into online games until I played this game. I love this game to death, but throwing a hissy fit won't fix the problem, so I'm thinking things through and trying to see from their point of view.

I have more to say, but I'm out of time to finish..

Quotable Humorist

;_;

Well if anything Zomg has been "on hold before" for about a year I say. So I am not TOO worry. But if the other games do become popular it could mean the death of Zomg.

HOWEVER, the flip side of this is that if those new games generate enough money then maybe Gaia can hire more people and thus resume on providing new content to Zomg.

XB

Feral Fairy

16,075 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I haven't been playing zOMG! much anymore, but that's only because I have a full-time job now. My enthusiasm for the game has not diminished. zOMG! is the first and the only MMO game I have ever played. I love it and am disappointed that it will not be getting any more updates, because to me Gaia = zOMG!.

It annoys me when companies chase after the next new thing (like FB games, for example) when what they have now is perfectly fine and deserves way more attention than it is getting.

I work at a company that writes and publishes school curriculum. Sometimes I feel like the print curriculum gets the short end of the stick while the online curriculum gets all of the attention just because it is the latest thing. I am probably biased because I work with the print curriculum, but that's how it feels.

Don't get me wrong. I like new things, but one should never assume ALL new things are better just because they are new.

I really like zOMG! Please don't take it away.

crying

Shameless Hoarder

16,700 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Shinju_hashimfo

First off, my apologies for mistakenly ascribing your question to one of [JK]'s answers.
Reading over the copy of the transcript, yours seemed to be the question that best fit the answer, both in context and time-line.

I've edited the transcript accordingly.

That being said, it's hard for me, having read, and re-read the transcript several times, to feel any differently than I do.
I guess it comes down to a person's perspective and any preconceptions they bring to the discussion.

I've tried to remain hopeful throughout zOMG!'s gradual diminishment over the last year.
I dutifully bought my Head Start Ticket, Amulet and Pets, and have plowed a buttload of G-Cash (for which I spent actual money, as opposed to doing offers, simply because of time, etc.), to do my bit towards keeping zOMG! viable, and while I admire and envy to some extent, those whose optimism remains intact, I'm afraid mine is exhausted.
I'll admit I wasn't there for the Meat, and am making my judgement based solely on the transcript I found in the Forum and recent history, but for me at least, it's hard to come to any conclusion other than zOMG! has been put into maintenance mode, and is extremely unlikely to ever come out.
Except in a body bag.
Sorry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas