Welcome to Gaia! ::

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
does any one know off hand what the names of the maps in zomg are called?
for example 'zen1.swf' is the file name for one location in zen gardens.
The reason I'm asking is that the zomg wiki only has a few of the maps for bills ranch.
and i was wanting to grab them before they are gone forever.
Its highly unlikely that they will do anything to complete the wiki now that the game is effectively gone.
and I wanted to at the very least save some aspects of the game.
I've dabbled in flash programing, and was also curious if the assets could be converted to HTML five.
while Zomg is effectively dead there is still tons of things that can be learned from it.
No, i'm not hacking into anything, and these files were freely available when the game was up and running.
No, nothing that im doing can hurt the site, the part of the code that is downloadable has nothing to
with the security hole they are talking about.
All of these things are assets which were used to run the game in the flash environment
If i had known that the game was going to be taken down i would have done this sooner.
any info that anyone knows would be greatly appreciated!
If they will go ahead and convert the zomg areas in to towns 2 i would be satisfied with that.
heart

Perfect Saint

They've preserved most of the overland maps and incorporated them into Towns 2. Too bad they were not able to include the dungeon maps.

Generous Decorator

13,075 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50
A bunch of people have the files. Like me for example. o 3o

The name of the file btw is bills_ranch.

RandiHoney's Partner

Rainbow Lunatic

18,275 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Brandisher 100
Myrielle
They've preserved most of the overland maps and incorporated them into Towns 2. Too bad they were not able to include the dungeon maps.

They should put them all in really, horrible and imo unacceptable scaling issues aside, it would still be great to at least be able to go to the locations and reminisce.
They could also do events based on the locations. they have done them in towns 2 before.
Or is this just another thing that we are NEVER going to see again.
Sorry, it's just that every time i think about how f-ed up this whole mess is my blood starts to boil.
heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces