Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Hah, bet that got your attention. To an extent, it's true. The entire game is combat (well, except Goof and Fountain Game), and you know, sure. What else could you do with an MMO right?

Well, when I made the fun thread a few days ago, one idea struck me. Like a mallet falling from the sky it was.

Puzzle Solving

But, what good is this to zOMG! right?

What I am proposing, is interactive terrain. That way we get uses for rings that aren't necessarily immediately obvious

Or rather, the addition of puzzles which can only be solved by applying rings. This serves to make the game more crew friendly as well, as soloers may not desire to carry the rings which they might need to solve a puzzle.

These puzzles may be required to reach bosses (see below), or unlock special bonus chests.

Still not convinced? Well, let me show you how it can be applied to bosses to make each area play differently (see Qixter's interview with Raxa)

Boss Dungeons

Take for instance, if you will, the Otami Throne Room. Lets extend that scenario a little (practice for the SS?), make it so you load into a Hallway. At the far end of this hallway, is the Coatl. To get to him however, you have to extinguish 4 Spirit Pyres in 4 rooms that lead off from the main Hallway.

How do you extinguish the pyres? Well, first you kill the Animated nearby. Then, you apply some force (knockback ^^) to the floor tiles to move them so they show one of the Otami Spirits. (Think Pokemon G/S in the Alpha Ruins)

Rinse and repeat, then you can fight the Coatl himself. Alternatively, you could have it so only 2 of the Pyres are active, and they change each time a crew loads in, so it's hit and miss as to whether you find the pyre you need, or just have to fight off more enemies for nothing.

You could do one for She Wolf, where applying Hot Foot/Fire Rain to roots may uncover passages unguarded by wolves so you have to fight less. Papa Saw could (maybe) feature moving blades which you need speed to get past.

The important point that I don't know, is whether Flash can handle this.

Still, what do you guys think? Would it... spice zOMG! up a bit? Add something fun to the game?

Or would it be a waste of time, zOMG! is perfect as it is and I should go back to the drawing board?
XD! i'm all for more content

PlumpGerty's Significant Otter

no u

actually, puzzles would be pretty cool, but I'd like for them to be different each time you play, so there isn't just one (or a set number) solution.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
OMFG Taylor
no u
talk2hand

@Vin: But is this good content? o.o
It would be really nice. But I don't think forcing them to use certain rings is a good idea. Maybe rings that would HELP but not to COMPLETELY make them necessary.

But yeah, that would be awesome! 3nodding

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Malignant Virus
It would be really nice. But I don't think forcing them to use certain rings is a good idea. Maybe rings that would HELP but not to COMPLETELY make them necessary.
Well, if you notice in the examples...

Knockback is fairly generic. Lots of rings have it. It's the only one that -needs- it. Fire Rain/Hot Foot merely make the encounter easier by allowing you to dodge some of the puppy patrols.

Basically, the more essential the rings ability is to passing something, the more common it has to be. Damage would be a prime example of something that could be super-awesomely valuable to an encounter, whereas requiring something to make something heavier, wouldn't be even remotely essential to completing something. It might just give you a bonus.

I edited my first post, but I feel like posting again anyways.

"actually, puzzles would be pretty cool, but I'd like for them to be different each time you play, so there isn't just one (or a set number) solution."

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
OMFG Taylor

"actually, puzzles would be pretty cool, but I'd like for them to be different each time you play, so there isn't just one (or a set number) solution."
I don't know how random they could be, which is of course a big downside to the matter.

Still, for those who don't use the forums there'll be a challenge? ^^;;
Valheita
OMFG Taylor
no u
talk2hand

@Vin: But is this good content? o.o
new content is always good : D

Dapper Phantom

OMFG Taylor

System.out.print("

This is the problem with the "maze" in SS... with only one solution, how much of a challenge is it, really?

@Val: I always liked puzzles in my games.
May have something to do with that I fail at button spam by comparison.
ninja

");
Valheita
Well, if you notice in the examples...

Knockback is fairly generic. Lots of rings have it. It's the only one that -needs- it. Fire Rain/Hot Foot merely make the encounter easier by allowing you to dodge some of the puppy patrols.

Basically, the more essential the rings ability is to passing something, the more common it has to be. Damage would be a prime example of something that could be super-awesomely valuable to an encounter, whereas requiring something to make something heavier, wouldn't be even remotely essential to completing something. It might just give you a bonus.
Mmk. I gots no objectionss. ninja

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
PowderedVinegar
Hmm. *tries to think of new content that wouldn't be good*

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Horntastic

System.out.print("

This is the problem with the "maze" in SS... with only one solution, how much of a challenge is it, really?

@Val: I always liked puzzles in my games.
May have something to do with that I fail at button spam by comparison.
ninja

");
I'd like to think it's a bit more of an intellectual exercise than wailing on an Animated with as many attack rings as you can >.<;;

Malignant Virus
Mmk. I gots no objectionss. ninja
Huzzah.
Inspired for more content that will keep players guessing and having time to play zOMG strategizing w/ Guides and stuff:

- More PvE traps like Whirlpool, Fire Pit, and Tentacle: I would love if there was an area for Lighting AoE to strike as an Environmental enemy on a player. Example: the only signal a player would have is if the brightness on the avatar increases, but if you don't run fast enough you could end up hurting you and/or other players as well.

- Have DeBuffs appear in the Buff rack w/ timer. Adding on the the Lightning AoE, if you get struck, attempting to use Defib for 1 minute:

- The lighting both causes Defib to be used at full potential at RR1 + extra ability for Defib to have Point Blank range and have AoE on fallen allies.

- But the lighting also causes it to become volatile, thus sending you to the Null Chamber when used.

I love more content! Especially if it brings great rewards + consequences, making players make difficult decisions.

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm. *tries to think of new content that wouldn't be good*
CL 10 deathroaches in Village Greens D:

Wait a minute, that would be ******** awesome!!!! >:3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash