Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
OMFG Taylor
CL 10 deathroaches in Village Greens D:

Wait a minute, that would be ******** awesome!!!! >:3
Cash only area, open only to male canadians.

Inside, are soulbound rings of incredible power, and free orbs to charge them with.

Mwuhahahaha.
OMFG Taylor
Valheita
PowderedVinegar
new content is always good : D
Hmm. *tries to think of new content that wouldn't be good*

Not to the poor newbies crying

Unless that can be made into a mercenary business twisted
OMFG Taylor

MOAR EXPLOSIONS!

Dapper Phantom

System.out.print("

Any new content that requires time not spent on glitch fixes or suppression is bad from what I hear on the forums ;P

Seriously, though, I'm having issues thinking of things that would be bad.
My main issues are currently lag, other players, and certain things I wish would get fixed...
...well, anything bordering on pay to play or too strongly needing powerups would be bad in my book >>;
");
keito melfina
Inspired for more content that will keep players guessing and having time to play zOMG strategizing w/ Guides and stuff:
Can I are add new content?

- Curse/Weakness {Ailment} : Multiplies damage taken by 1.3 for a short period of time.
- Armour Pierce {Attack Effect} : Goes through half a buff's defense. (Defense buff reduction / 2 ) * actual damage)

kimdone.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Horntastic

System.out.print("

Any new content that requires time not spent on glitch fixes or suppression is bad from what I hear on the forums ;P

");
Yeah. I found that out the hard way D:
You can add all the little things to quest, or more minigames, or more storyline, or pvp, or even clan battles, but the core gameplay will be still boring.

What is this core gameplay I'm speaking of? Its the rings combat system. You have 8 rings that you use which has very little relations to any other rings besides the ring set.

Being able to pick from a set of rings was a good start, it gives the player a choice to switch around what kind of combat they want. But it ends there.

There's no combo attacks. Example: if you were to use hack three times and then slash it unleashes a bonus damage for completing the combo. Or how about something where if two people combine attacks to make a bigger attack occur. It might be even too late to add such a feature on without ripping everything apart.

What it boils down to is what makes this different from other hack and slash mmorpgs? Why would I want to play this oppose to something else that offers ideally the same thing? Adding other knickknacks to the game doesn't make it any better.

It's like trying to make a ugly half dead dried out Christmas tree look better by adding a bunch of ornaments on it, fake spray paint snow, and all the glitter in the world. In the end it is still a ugly tree, but a pretty looking ugly tree.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Lord0din69

It's like trying to make a ugly half dead dried out Christmas tree look better by adding a bunch of ornaments on it, fake spray paint snow, and all the glitter in the world. In the end it is still a ugly tree, but a pretty looking ugly tree.
*shrugs* Good enough for first time MMO players?
VAL, GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD.
Lord0din69
Or they could just hog this ugly tree and let no one see it until they're done fixing it.
Lord0din69
There's no combo attacks.
That wouldn't make our ugly tree look any better. I dun know about you, but I was never interesting in hard core games that had all these extensive combos you had to do to beat bosses.

It doesn't sound very 'casual' to me. Actually, puzzles on the other hand, do.
Foxxe
OMFG Taylor

MOAR EXPLOSIONS!
YES this is what we need!
At first I always though zOMG would be like a regular MMO w/ weapons/combos. But it's unique, which makes it great! It's excellent when new and not mainstream like certain animes when they first start out *coughnarutocough*.

Anyway, concepts I wish could come as inspiration:

- (from Tales of the Abyss, concept of Field of Fonon). Well, in ToA, there was something called "Field of Fonons" or FoF Change for short. It basically has elemental circles placed on the ground where both allies/enemies can step on, use an attack and have it absorb (yes the circle goes away) the element to transform it into a destructive technique or support/healing rings into relieving life savers. How it could work for zOMG's properties:

Elemental Circle is to Buff as Attacks are to Rings at RR4.

Let's say Crew member 1 gives Crew member 2 a RR4 Improb. Sphere Buff, then Crew member 2 users Turtle at RR4. Turtle Absorbs the ring buff and now transforms into Reflection, where every attack you receive bounces back at an enemy w/ 400% damage dealt. Both Buffs are gone and now replaced w/ the new attack that lasts 1 minute.

Or Crew member 3 gives a RR4 Adrenaline to a person who uses RR4 Fleet Fleet. The change would be where Cool-Down times of all rings are lessened to 75% for 30 seconds.
some games do implement if you accomplish a certain task, beating the boss does become easier. Knights of round (FF7), Train on macbeth (starfox), Lionheart (FF cool , Shield Spell + mana pots (fable 1 boast for no damage). I wonder if something like this could also be a nice idea.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
SlayerBlade128
some games do implement if you accomplish a certain task, beating the boss does become easier. Knights of round (FF7), Train on macbeth (starfox), Lionheart (FF cool , Shield Spell + mana pots (fable 1 boast for no damage). I wonder if something like this could also be a nice idea.
I wasn't thinking so much the boss itself, but perhaps the journey to the boss.

You do (inadvertently) make a good point though. How does the idea of shortcuts fit with the difficulty setting system?
SlayerBlade128
NO.

we need unique things.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
PowderedVinegar
NO.

we need unique things.
Rule whatever of the internet.

Everything is a repeat of a repeat.