Welcome to Gaia! ::

Champion

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NEW SPOT ADDED! SUPER FARMING!

Greetings and welcome to my simple Village Greens(VG) farming guide! Here is everything you really need to know about how to get the most out of this low level CL area. This guide has what you need in a crew, what rings to bring, farming spots, and more! As of now (3/4/12), VG farming is fairly profitable thanks to alchemy and the sooner you get on the bandwagon, the more gold you'll have in your pockets to buy all those shiny items you wanted. emotion_kirakira

Or, if you're an alchemist like me, you'll be farming for the sake of components to help further your alchemy level or working on the path to some rare, hard to make item!

Quote:
"WAIT, WHY SHOULD I FARM HERE?!"

User Image Flamingo Feather - goes for around 1k
User Image Wing Tree Leaf - goes for around 500g - 1k
User Image Plastic - goes for around 250g
User Image Screw - goes for around 100g

Additionally: Gold earned on zOMG! is nerfed after a certain point (50k for nondonors and 160k for donors) BUT the item drop rate is NOT nerfed, ever.

Tip this post and give a User Image if you found this thread helpful. emotion_yatta

Champion

REGARDING CL -- I usually cap to 1.9 CL but depending on where you go, you might want it a little lower. The general rule of thumb is to have everything you're killing be GREEN when you click on them.

The exception to this is when you fight the general, you want 2.5 CL at least.

For the crew, you want 6 members as having more people increases the amount of drops you receive and will help speed up farming in general.

Here are the roles that need to be filled. Descriptions of each role will be further down.

Crew composition:

1x lurer
1x buffer
1x attacker

The remainder can be leeches, more attackers, more lurers, or backup buffers at the discretion of the crew leader.

Role Descriptions:

Lurer - this role is in charge of bringing in the mobs of animated to the designated screen that everyone else is waiting on

Buffer - this role can either be 1 person with both luck buffs (Coyote Spirit and Divinity) or 2 separate people each with one of those 2 buffs

Attacker - this role is responsible for killing the large mobs of animated after the lurer brings them to their designated location; they should use an area of effect (AoE) ring to clear the mobs quickly

Leecher - this isn't really a role and they don't serve any other purpose but to increase drops overall for the others

When it comes to farming for zOMG! loot, the most important stat is luck as this increases your chance to receive a drop. Because of this, you want to maximize luck and the following tells you how to do so.

Ways to increase LUCK:

☆ Fortune's Favor ring
☆ Integrity ring
☆ Fitness ring
☆ Angel ring set (Solar rays/Hunter's bow/Healing halo/Wish)
☆ Rage Rank 4 Coyote Spirit
☆ Rage Rank 4 Divinity
☆ Having full Ghi
☆ Having maxed Ghi bonuses
☆ Being in a crew and having a full crew

Because of all these things, the ring set that is optimal to use is this:

As you can see, it uses Fortune's Favor, Integrity, Fitness, and the Angel ring set. The empty ring slot can be filled with something relating to your role.

As many might not have the Integrity ring, that just means you will have 2 free ring slots to fill, sorry. sweatdrop

For Ghi, maxing out the bonuses comes from playing time so there isn't much you can do about that except to just play zOMG! more. Being in a crew with more people will also keep your Ghi meter filled, granting you a small luck bonus from the Ghi.

Roles and Rings:
Depending on the amount of free slots left, people in these roles can choose whatever they think will work for them. Nothing is really set in stone except the 2 buffs. These are just recommendations and guidelines more than rules to follow.

◇ Lurer - can use taunt, fleet feet, sugar rush
◇ Buffer - NEEDS coy and div (1 to each buffer to both one a single buffer)
◇ Attacker - fire rain, dervish, water balloon, and slash are good for attacking large mobs
◇ Leecher - whatever works on them, if they want to help a bit they can hold extra buffs

NOTE: There may be other spots that are not listed but I will try to get them posted when I can.

The farming spots are spots where a screen has a decent number of animated spawn and neighboring screens contain lure-able animated as well.

The basic thing to do is for everyone in the crew to stand on the screen marked with the blue X and then the lurer will run along the red lines, attempting to lure as many animated as possible before returning to the screen everyone else is on. Then the attackers will clear the large mob and the lurer can rest till the animated re-spawn on the neighboring screens.

Nothing special about this one. The camping screen has a spawn of 4 flamingos and 3 gnomes so it isn't too bad.

This screen is notable for the large amount of flamingo spawns. There is a total of 6 flamingos that spawn on this screen. If you're mainly looking for feathers, this is the spot to farm.

This one is rather scattered and a longer run but still pretty good.

☆☆☆☆☆

ULTIMA SPOT TO END ALL OTHER SPOTS!

Ok so, this is THE BEST farming spot you can get. It is the screen outside the General's mushroom house. The catch is that you have to be at the right server at the right time. I don't know what causes it but the gnomes and flamingos respawn SUPER FAST. Like 1-2 seconds after they die, they will respawn. If you get a good crew here, you can get 10x the amount of loot from the other spots. The hard part is finding a server that this is occurring.

Champion

I'm just going to put the leftover stuff in this post. This will probably be updated more often than the other posts.

As people ask questions, common misconceptions will be posted under here.

Q: Why should I farm Village Greens?
A: If you're an alchemist, you want those ingredients to make caches/cases. If you aren't an alchemist then you'll want the decent sum of gold you can make off of selling the drops.

Q: What if prices of those loot drop?
A: Sure the price will fluctuate but as the drops are constantly being burned up to fuel alchemy, the price will stay decently high. It will be a long long time (if ever) that the prices return back to the 1 gold per feather or leaf days.

GUIDE TO SOLO FARMING -- THIS SECTION TO BE MADE AT ANOTHER TIME

zOMG! ETIQUETTES -- WILL BE MADE AT A LATER TIME

Champion

If you have any questions, feel free to ask on this thread or PM me.

If you want me to show you how it works (and I have free time), I might be able to head out to VG for a bit.

For those interested, a sig banner:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/zomg-gaia-s-mmo/zomg-guide-vg-farming/t.78296663/][img]http://i40.tinypic.com/dbgyl3.png[/img][/url]

Thanks for reading this guide and happy farming! emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces