I'm not in a clan 0.2 20.0% [ 11 ]
Gold!!! 0.14545454545455 14.5% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 55 ]
1 2 3 >

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
This is a discussion thread. You may discuss the topic with each other but please be polite to each other. Everyone think they are right and other are wrong, but that is NOT the point. This is just to generate some suggestions, ideas and to give some feedback on clans.

What would you like to see in the future for clans? Would you like to have some clan quests? Maybe as [ JK ] suggested have factions that "war" over points or territory? Some PvP contest just for clans in the coliseum perhaps? Or some battles of wits? What would you like?

I have one mule out of a number that I play on on zOMG! that is in a clan, just the one. But his clan uses the clan more as a meeting place to hang out in, much like guilds. We go on some PS or SS runs and chat. That's it. So no wonder that it's pretty dead most of the time. But I know that the members of that clan would like to see more for them to do as a clan. So here is your chance, what vision do you have for clans? Would you be okay with clans being revised? Maybe only allowing a set number of people per clan?

No Sensual Soul is not a member of any clan nor do I wish to join any at this time. Thanks all the same. wink

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
The Wish List for Clans!

Clan dots that have there own color that we could jump to in game to make it easier to find our clan members. (Lots of people asked for this so I'll just post it )

izziegirl101

My wish would be for clan members to show up like a friend on your PDA. That way when clan chat comes back, we don't have to pester each other asking "where are you, where are you?". And if they are a different layer, you could easy transfer over to it like a friend. Make life MUCH easier for many clan people who meet up on zomg a lot.

To have your wish added please put My Wish in red so that I can easily see it. wink

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Go ahead and post. smile

Wheezing Warlord

I'm actually currently working on a thread about stuff I want to see in Clans.
              Namely Clan Halls.
              Okay, well it's turned pretty much into just about Clan Halls.

But, some other things.

"Official" Clan Servers. The ability of the Clan owner to simply mark one server, or a set of servers to deal with rotations, with a Star or a Check, or something, so that, upon logging onto zOMG!, members know which server their Clan will be on. It won't force members to use that server, but merely be more convenient than closing zOMG! back out, Clicking My Clan, Forum, and finding the Official Clan Server post. Especially if you can Prioritize a list of all the servers, the top-ranking one being the one to appear with a marking. That way, no matter how the servers rotate, there will always be a top listing.

Clan Quests, as you've said.

Clan Bonuses, be it for Crewing with your own Clan, or just for being in the Clan at all, some kind of bonus to stats. Either an All-Around bonus, kinda like wearing Fitness, for every member of your crew that's also in your Clan. Or Clan-specific bonuses that're always active, but are selected, not wide-spectrum. For example, the Sons of Plunder would have a Luck boost and/or an Accuracy boost. A Ninja Clan might have... Dodge and Accuracy, instead.

4,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Consumer 100
i wonder how they get ideas from Zomg i havent heard of that before!!!! whoa does anybody know...????????

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
smile I think they were talking about having Clan areas that you could use for a set amount of gold for your clan, it would work as a gold sink as well as giving your clan a meeting place. I hope they can do something like that.

I love your clan server suggestion, it really makes sense. But I also think that it would be nice to maybe let a clan "rent" a server layer for just their clan's use. What do you think?

You say clan quest but what kind you don't say... Nothing you think would work well for clans?

I think I read something along this clan bonus idea in another thread, the RPing one I think....was that you too...memory failure. sweatdrop But yes I agree, that would be nice and there should be some kind of level ranking for clans too. Maybe some type of point system? And perhaps some bonus for clan members when they play with other of their clan...(I'm thinking Ghi could be used here.)

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
iidynasty
i wonder how they get ideas from Zomg i havent heard of that before!!!! whoa does anybody know...????????

They get some ideas from us and our post and some they come up with when they have "Brain Storming" meetings. Some ideas they think of before it even crosses our minds. That seems to happen to me a lot! blaugh But they love to see what ideas we have, even if they can't used them.

Wheezing Warlord

Yeah.
              I'm just expanding on that idea... a lot.
              xd

Personally, I don't think there's enough layers for a clan to use all to itself.
              Not to mention the usefulness would be limited. It just wouldn't be balanced.
              Either the payment is so high that no one uses it, or so low that too many people use it.
              Besides that, what if you're in a Clan, and you want to farm with your friends?
              You'd be stuck on a private layer, and couldn't get to them.
              Just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

As for Clan Quests... it really depends on what they implement, and what the reward would be.
              It can't be Gold or Orbs, 'cause that'd either be fail, or too exploitable.
              If everyone in the Clan gets rewarded for a few member's efforts, leeching, and moreso, the use of Mules, becomes a problem.
              If only the people who participate get rewarded a flat amount, mules are still an issue. One guy with 30 mules killing one Gnome a piece will make a killing.
              If only the people who participate get a chunk equal to effort, you'd have a bleeding problem.

And I think the Clan Bonus idea originated in DW's Aura thread.
              But yeah.
              Picking abilities, and having more unlock as your clan gains points, would be awesome.
              I'd think level would be based on the Total Charge of every (active) member.
              Or have it steadily increase, based on how much the member's TCs are increasing.

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
SykoCaster

Yeah.
              I'm just expanding on that idea... a lot.
              xd

Personally, I don't think there's enough layers for a clan to use all to itself.
              Not to mention the usefulness would be limited. It just wouldn't be balanced.
              Either the payment is so high that no one uses it, or so low that too many people use it.
              Besides that, what if you're in a Clan, and you want to farm with your friends?
              You'd be stuck on a private layer, and couldn't get to them.
              Just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

You are more then likely right but that was a suggestion someone had made..somewhere...But I don't think you would be forced to use the server/layer it would just be an option.

As for Clan Quests... it really depends on what they implement, and what the reward would be.
              It can't be Gold or Orbs, 'cause that'd either be fail, or too exploitable.
              If everyone in the Clan gets rewarded for a few member's efforts, leeching, and moreso, the use of Mules, becomes a problem.
              If only the people who participate get rewarded a flat amount, mules are still an issue. One guy with 30 mules killing one Gnome a piece will make a killing.
              If only the people who participate get a chunk equal to effort, you'd have a bleeding problem.

I was think more along the lines of the reward being something for the clan and maybe a gold reward per member depending on how much effort they put into helping. The clan reward would be something like epic loot or recipes that could be awarded to members that are involved in a giving quest. Maybe determined by points you earn? And each epic or clan recipe could only be owned my the clan/faction member? (Yeah it would be soulbound!)

And I think the Clan Bonus idea originated in DW's Aura thread. (I know I fail! sweatdrop )
              But yeah.
              Picking abilities, and having more unlock as your clan gains points, would be awesome.
              Or have it steadily increase, based on how much the member's TCs are increasing.

See now I don't agree with using TC because some of use have ungodly high TCs, that really wouldn't be fair to new members. This is why I thought the Ghi system, with a minor re-write could be used for this.

Well I'm off to bed but I'll check on this thread when I get done with work. smile Thanks for posting your ideas.

Ruthless Businessman

I say sacrificing orbs from clan members for the bonuses. It will offer ways for members to help their clan and perhaps cut down on some of those who have 60K+ orbs *cough*syko*cough*

Also I would like something as simple as a clan dot like we have friend dots

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Patrick Jiuliani
I say sacrificing orbs from clan members for the bonuses. It will offer ways for members to help their clan and perhaps cut down on some of those who have 60K+ orbs *cough*syko*cough*

Also I would like something as simple as a clan dot like we have friend dots

I like the idea of using orbs I have....60k plus in orbs too. xd And if you want I'll add the dot as a wish? But I'll do that tomorrow, I really truly need to sleep now. *yawn* Thanks for posting Patrick! <3

Wheezing Warlord

Sensual Soul
SykoCaster

But yeah.

See now I don't agree with using TC because some of use have ungodly high TCs, that really wouldn't be fair to new members. This is why I thought the Ghi system, with a minor re-write could be used for this.

Well I'm off to bed but I'll check on this thread when I get done with work. smile Thanks for posting your ideas.

If anything, it'd be more fair to new members.
              They can piggy-back off other member's work.
              xd

But yeah, I think basing it off how much TC increases would be better.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
*sneaks in*

Clan strongholds. The clan that maintains the biggest presence in an area gets a bonus to drop rates in that area (ie Bass'ken Lake).

Only one area per clan. It'll create some competitiveness though. >.<;;

*disappears*
SykoCaster

I'm actually currently working on a thread about stuff I want to see in Clans.
              Namely Clan Halls.
              Okay, well it's turned pretty much into just about Clan Halls.

But, some other things.

"Official" Clan Servers. The ability of the Clan owner to simply mark one server, or a set of servers to deal with rotations, with a Star or a Check, or something, so that, upon logging onto zOMG!, members know which server their Clan will be on. It won't force members to use that server, but merely be more convenient than closing zOMG! back out, Clicking My Clan, Forum, and finding the Official Clan Server post. Especially if you can Prioritize a list of all the servers, the top-ranking one being the one to appear with a marking. That way, no matter how the servers rotate, there will always be a top listing.

Clan Quests, as you've said.

Clan Bonuses, be it for Crewing with your own Clan, or just for being in the Clan at all, some kind of bonus to stats. Either an All-Around bonus, kinda like wearing Fitness, for every member of your crew that's also in your Clan. Or Clan-specific bonuses that're always active, but are selected, not wide-spectrum. For example, the Sons of Plunder would have a Luck boost and/or an Accuracy boost. A Ninja Clan might have... Dodge and Accuracy, instead.

Wow those are some epic ideas!!!

Main thing I want is to have clan chat WORK properly all the time. But I'd LOVE to be able to make the clan preferred servers list be the first one to show in the list for members. That would be HUGE!!

And bonuses for crewing within the clan would certainly get people using them more.

as for clan halls, that sounds interesting.

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

My wish would be for clan members to show up like a friend on your PDA. That way when clan chat comes back, we don't have to pester each other asking "where are you, where are you?". And if they are a different layer, you could easy transfer over to it like a friend. Make life MUCH easier for many clan people who meet up on zomg a lot.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff