• Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
SykoCaster
Sensual Soul
SykoCaster
Ungoliath
SykoCaster
Ungoliath
So that was the reason why you guys never changed the movement between screen system! Now I get it.

And I can't wait to see that blubber-thingie and the other critters that are not yet in game biggrin

Blubber-thingie?
              Whut? Where?

The green thing. I like that word, so I used it. dramallama

That's in Waterworks.
              On the walls.
              3nodding

Mhm, the eye opens and looks around and blinks and closes. smile Cute little thing, in a slimy way.

I know, I just want to snuggle it!
              whee

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to snuggle it but I did want to pet it. whee

Jubella's Fangirl

Unholy Slayer

zOMG this is awesome!!! I've never seen the watermeat anywhere, or the green slime thing. All other animals accounted for though! *runs off to check DMP*

6,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Mavdoc
_Asyra_Itari_
i haven't seen the green thing either o.o a mass of green bubbles with an eye....O_O"

thanks for the post mav! biggrin

Those green blobby creatures enjoy hanging out in dark, damp, underground spaces. You might have to watch him for a while before he's ready to look at you. biggrin

ooh i see~ thanks for the clue! i will go hunt for green blobby creature nao~ XD
Sensual Soul
So Mav when people get stuck in trees, walls or whatever does that mean that the collision layer might have a "hole" in it? The picture that swarf showed me looked like a red net or web, he said that he saw where someone entered an area that should of been closed off to us the players. Honestly I didn't see it but it was interesting to see what you guys look at. How do you see these "holes" and when there is one how do you fix it? Do you have to redraw the whole hand drawn vector shape again or can you patch it?

Yes, when the collision is calculated it's actually turned into a blocky, less precise shape than the one created in vector. This difference can sometimes cause little holes to show up. This is really easy to fix in the Flash level file if you know the area you're looking for. In my next post, I'll actually get into how we view this collision in-game.

Any of these collision holes were fixed soon after the game was released, so I think any people getting stuck now would be due to lag. If the game isn't keeping up with your current position closely enough because of slowdown, it will allow you to walk into areas you aren't supposed to because it hasn't figured out yet that you shouldn't be there. Then in the fractions of a second it takes to get up to date, the game basically says: "Whoops! I wasn't supposed to let you in there, but I don't know enough to get you out." sweatdrop

10,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Mavdoc
Sensual Soul
So Mav when people get stuck in trees, walls or whatever does that mean that the collision layer might have a "hole" in it? The picture that swarf showed me looked like a red net or web, he said that he saw where someone entered an area that should of been closed off to us the players. Honestly I didn't see it but it was interesting to see what you guys look at. How do you see these "holes" and when there is one how do you fix it? Do you have to redraw the whole hand drawn vector shape again or can you patch it?

Yes, when the collision is calculated it's actually turned into a blocky, less precise shape than the one created in vector. This difference can sometimes cause little holes to show up. This is really easy to fix in the Flash level file if you know the area you're looking for. In my next post, I'll actually get into how we view this collision in-game.

Any of these collision holes were fixed soon after the game was released, so I think any people getting stuck now would be due to lag. If the game isn't keeping up with your current position closely enough because of slowdown, it will allow you to walk into areas you aren't supposed to because it hasn't figured out yet that you shouldn't be there. Then in the fractions of a second it takes to get up to date, the game basically says: "Whoops! I wasn't supposed to let you in there, but I don't know enough to get you out." sweatdrop

So I'll be looking forward to your next post! I'm sorry I jumped the gun on you there. sweatdrop But it made me wonder if all the hand drawn work would have to be done again if you had a hole. Nice to know it's fixable without doing it all over! So how do you ... NVM I have a feeling you'll cover that next time too! xd It sucks that The Lag Monster (It's how I think of lag) mess with so much. D: This is so interesting! Thanks again for sharing. ^_^

Inquisitive Spirit

42,350 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
_Asyra_Itari_
Mavdoc
_Asyra_Itari_
i haven't seen the green thing either o.o a mass of green bubbles with an eye....O_O"

thanks for the post mav! biggrin

Those green blobby creatures enjoy hanging out in dark, damp, underground spaces. You might have to watch him for a while before he's ready to look at you. biggrin

ooh i see~ thanks for the clue! i will go hunt for green blobby creature nao~ XD

I know where it lives wink It's one of my favorite places in zOMG!
The creatures of zOMG! are what really makes the game entertaining biggrin

4,950 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
knowledge iz powa brotha
Velobus99
anyone know where the horse is? I thought he was in Bill's ranch but I can't find him.

his in barton town

Dapper Citizen

Why am I the only one who voted at the <3 and </3 thing-y?

Ruthless Capitalist

9,000 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hive Mind 200
o.0 - how do I get under the mountain? I've been running around DMP, but I can't find it.

8,450 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie For All! 300
theres a water meat in the game? Where is it?

4,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
its amzing how they were able to colloide the two things animation and reality models, this is quite interesting it takes a lot to make something as massive and amazing as gaiaonline!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff