Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enough threads, Syko. D:

But just one more. D: 1 100.0% [ 151 ]
Total Votes:[ 151 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Wheezing Warlord

So, here's the original thread, posted in the SF forum.
              It's a little long-winded, so I'm going to condense it, and see what the zOMG! community thinks.

Yes, it would be a great way to blackmail convince people to keep playing zOMG!.

"Animated Items".
              No, I'm not talking about items that move on your avatar.
              I'm talking about a variant of Evolving Items.

It starts out as a single-pose item, such as a hat, scarf, jacket, or hand-held item.
              Being an Evolving Item, it changes over time.
              But not as a result of weekly EI reports.
              It changes by absorbing Ghi, resulting in it Animating.
              As in, becoming an Animated.

For an example, the OMG hat.
              Please note that I'm not saying they should re-release the OMG hat, or change it to do this.
              It's merely an example with a well-known item and monster.
              So, you have the OMG hat.
              By going into zOMG!, the hat "absorbs Ghi", and after, say, 5 hours of play, it begins to Animate.
              You no longer have an OMG hat, but rather an OMG Monster, with several companion poses, an "OMG your head!" pose, and matching pants, jacket, and sunglasses.
              After another 15 hours of play, it animates further.
              You no longer have an OMG, or it's accessory poses, but you now have an OMFG monster.
              Aside from more companion poses, this comes with some badass boots, pants, some head-wings, and a new hairstyle.
              Again, after, say, 30 more hours of playtime, it morphs into OMGWTF, with even more poses.
              Another small amount of playtime, say another 5 hours, unlocks all the poses, "finishing the Animation", resulting in a final pose, and unlocking "I AM" poses for all the forms.

Now, before you say this is impossible, consider this.
              We have Ghi. This obviously keeps track of our playtime.
              And Evolving Items originally weren't going to have bulk evolutions.
              They were going to evolve a week (or whatever amount of time) after you bought it, regardless of when the EI report came out.
              So... stick these two codes into a motel with a cheap bottle of wine, and see what happens, yes?

Now, one question remains; Where would we get these items?
              An obvious option is the Cash Shop.
              This would (hopefully) generate revenue for zOMG!, while simultaneously boosting user counts.
              Another option would be "prepping" zOMG! craftables in some way, to become Animating Items.
              This could include giving multiple copies of a Kokeshi Doll to get an Animating Kokeshi, giving X amount of Orbs to Nicu in order to Animate it, purchasing an "Animating Crystal" from the CS and using it on predetermined items, or any combination of the three.
              Obviously the first would have a much needed side effect of boosting the values of zOMG! craftables.
              The second would also encourage people to play and fight, so they can get the necessary orbs to Animate their items.
              And the last would generate revenue, ofcourse.

And incase you need any sporks;
              Would you pay Cash for an Animating Item?
              Would you collect, say, a dozen of one recipe to make an Animating Item?
              Do you think it would boost usership?
              How do you think Animating Items should be obtained?

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
The codes are cheap drunks talk2hand

I don't think that it will attract players to zOMG! though. People simply wouldn't buy it if they didn't play zOMG!

I think that if zOMG! were more popular though, it could be a pretty cool idea.

In a relationship with VVishing

I think the Cash Shop is for artists of Gaia alone not the MMO. So only the artists get payed in the end and not the zOMZG! team. I could be wrong though...

Wheezing Warlord

Valheita

I don't think that it will attract players to zOMG! though. People simply wouldn't buy it if they didn't play zOMG!

Eh, see, I'd disagree.
              It'd be like when zOMG! first came out; a way to get items, and a way to make a profit.
              Neither of those exist anymore in zOMG!, thanks to the DC items, and that's a main reason people have stopped playing.
              It's cheaper to get things off the MP than to craft them.

Wheezing Warlord

iTamako
I think the Cash Shop is for artists of Gaia alone not the MMO. So only the artists get payed in the end and not the zOMZG! team. I could be wrong though...

Either way, the goal is more of getting people to play, not making a profit.
              That'd just be extra, and it'd still show Gaia that people are still interested in zOMG!.
              The way to any Corporation's heart is it's wallet.
              wink

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
SykoCaster
Valheita

Eh, see, I'd disagree.
              It'd be like when zOMG! first came out; a way to get items, and a way to make a profit.
              Neither of those exist anymore in zOMG!, thanks to the DC items, and that's a main reason people have stopped playing.
Hmmm. The profit might entice a few users..

I remember when I farmed with Lux for a few hours, made ~75k in a couple of hours. Good times.

Wheezing Warlord

Valheita
SykoCaster
Valheita

Eh, see, I'd disagree.

I remember when I farmed with Lux for a few hours, made ~75k in a couple of hours. Good times.

Well, I think it'd do no better or worse than your Equippable-Ring idea, so nyaaaa.
              :P

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
SykoCaster
Valheita
SykoCaster
Valheita

Eh, see, I'd disagree.

Well, I think it'd do no better or worse than your Equippable-Ring idea, so nyaaaa.
Oh it's on now mad

Wheezing Warlord

Valheita
SykoCaster
Valheita
SykoCaster
Valheita

Eh, see, I'd disagree.

Oh it's on now mad

Bring it.
              stressed

Emyre's Waifu

Monster Hunter

13,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
Again, another great idea from the mind of Syko~

Wheezing Warlord

Exiled Poet
Again, another great idea from the mind of Syko~

Actually, from what I've heard, I crap great ideas.
              So, it'd be from the a** of Syko.

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Man I wish I could try to think of something great like this but I'm not good at coming up with one!

I wish I could! I'm just glade everyone is trying to help keep zOMG alive!

Wheezing Warlord

Evil Reelando
Man I wish I could try to think of something great like this but I'm not good at coming up with one!

Keep it alive by playing, bro.
              That's probably the biggest thing anyone can do.
              biggrin

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
SykoCaster
Evil Reelando

Keep it alive by playing, bro.
              That's probably the biggest thing anyone can do.
              biggrin

No way in hell I would quite zOMG! because one of the BIGGEST reasons why I came to Gaia was this game!

when I first game here! I was sucked in by one of my good friends and roll play with him! and yet we still do at times! (now days he with his GF so we don't see each other as much)

I have waited for zOMG to come out ever sence I first registered late 05!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff