Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unforgiving Gaian

siskataya
Holy moly, we are still judging! So many awesome entries! biggrin

Make sure to take a break every now and then, or you'll get Lag monster nightmares cat_surprised
Here, have a cup of tea/coffee and a cupcake ^^ yum_tea yum_cupcake
I know I'm having one! ;- )

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
The anticipation is killing me...

Dangerous Fatcat

10,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I re-looked at all the entries. They're all so gooood! Judges must be having a hard time picking 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.

I'm so eager to know who won. I know my entry definitely doesn't have a chance in winning emotion_donotwant but it's worth a try if there's a chance at getting Integrity.

Anyways, good luck with judging, hope it all comes off easy in the final decisions. emotion_dealwithit

Destitute Lunatic

siskataya
Holy moly, we are still judging! So many awesome entries! biggrin

Don't worry, Sisky. We're very patient. c:

User Image

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Ok everyone - after much deliberation, we have found our winners! Thanks again to everyone who entered, and we want you all to know that we thought every entry was amazing. Well done! We hope you had fun, and will participate in upcoming forum contests biggrin

Winners are (Re-posted from the first page):
Quote:

===============================

~~ Contest #1: zOMP! - Z'oh My Pumpkin - Pumpkin Carving Contest Winners! ~~

FIRST PLACE: Winner of a zOMG! hoodie jacket and a $25 Gaia cash card is: Krissim Klaw
Krissim Klaw
Username: Krissim Klaw
Contest: 1 Pumpkin Carving Contest
Name of entry: Don't Go to the Light!
Brief description of your entry: My entry is of a zOMG Robofish who has managed to lure in some unsuspecting coral fluffs. I always felt the Robofish part of the map was one of the creepiest parts in the game, especially your first few times to the shallow seas. A winding dark narrow passage way where it is easy to get left behind. Those ominous lights. Plus, I thought the lighting effect of their lamps would make for a fun pumpkin carving. Remember, NEVER EVER go into the light. eek

The design was a wrap around the pumpkin so I had to take multiple photos to try and get everything in.

Robofish body shot.
User Image

Another body shot with more of his lure visible and a coral fluff.
User Image

SECOND PLACE: Winner of a zOMG! hoodie jacket and a $25 Gaia cash card is: starzXnight
starzXnight
* starzXnight
* Name of entry: Attack: Out of the gates
* Contest # 1
* Medium: uh... pumpkin x:
* I wanted to make it seem as if the animated that reside in the general Deadman's Pass area were banding together and coming out of the gates that normally hold them back :] The gate's design was actually referenced from the loading screen/just standing outside of the gates and looking at it. On the right side, I have some of the animated that you encounter in Deadman's Shadow, and on the right side, I have the animated that you encounter in Deadman's Pass.

Click on the images to see an even bigger size yum_puddi

Pattern I drafted:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

THIRD PLACE: Winner of a zOMG! hoodie jacket and a $25 Gaia cash card is: An Ultimate Arse Head
Quote:
Username: An Ultimate Arse Head
* Contest # : 1
* Name of entry: OMG it's an OMG!
* Hand carved OMG with the word "ZOMG" by it. =3
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Got bored waiting out Hurricane Sandy the other day. Finally have reliable internet access again. Hope I'm not too late to enter.
Also: Dirty stairs are dirty. sweatdrop

=============================

~~Contest #2: "Server Lag Monster" Design Contest Winners! ~~

FIRST PLACE: Winner of a zOMG! Kokeshi Doll tote bag (the last one we have at all!), a Fluff Monster plushie,a zOMG! monster plushie, and a $25 Gaia cash card is: Red Kutai

Red Kutai

I'm still working on my other lag monster concept, but since the first one is essentially complete, I thought I'd go ahead and submit it.
User Image
(I've heard the details can be hard to see on the dark background, so you can find an alternative here.)

Username: Red Kutai
Name of Entry: Lagmia (the Lag Hag)
Contest: #2, "Server Lag Monster"
Medium: Vector (Inkscape)
Description: Despite the name, she is obviously based more on a gorgon than a lamia - the latter just puns better with the word 'lag'. While gorgons (and lamia) traditionally take on the features of snakes, Lagmia takes on the features of slugs, and snails - arguably nature's laggiest critters.

• Gaze: Much like Medusa, Lagmia is capable of petrifying any poor soul unlucky enough to meet her gaze; rather than stone, however, she uses paralysing lag. This attack affects any player that is looking her direction at the time that she uses it, possibly with a 'warm up' which allows players a chance to turn away before it's used.

• Slime: Lagmia leaves a sticky trail of slime wherever she goes; this slime can be used to trap players, slowing them down and holding them in place as they struggle fruitlessly. This effect is what we commonly know as 'rubber banding'.

• Claws: Used primarily for severing connections to the server. Apparently also useful for severing heads. redface

SECOND PLACE: Winner of a Garlic monster plushie and $25 Gaia cash card is: scullylam
scullylam
siskataya

*summons sisky*

sweatdrop

~Username: scullylam
~Name of entry: lag monster
~Contest # 2
~Medium: computer tablet. ps elements 6 (file resizing), sketchbook: copic edition (sketching), corel painter ess. 4 (coloring)
~Brief description of your entry: when i think of lag, it is like a troll. it comes out of nowhere. trolling seems like something a guy would do, even it be pranks and what not. lag monster is a shapeshifter. when he is about his day to day spurts of fun, he is in a human form. he doesn't seem much a threat until he thinks users are a pain in his side and he turns it up an octave. he is made of code, wires, cables, electronics. his attacks can shoot from his hands and cords he has on him. (also can attack while in human form)

>>;;;; it's in the spoiler...

User Image

THIRD PLACE: Winner of a a zOMG! monster plushie and $25 Gaia cash card is: Sakura Rosina
Sakura Rosina
siskataya

* Sakura Rosina
* Minimus Responsus
* Contest #2
* Fabric markers, puff paint, pom pom scarf (tail), shirt, image edited with Paint
* This little lag monster is normally docile and usually doesn't stray far from his home. When he does adventure away from his home, he will normally pick a player or group of players and wrap his arms around their legs, wanting nothing more than help finding a way home. Sadly, he's too young to realize when he grabs hold of someone, it causes them to slow down and get hurt (lag).

And for added information, his shirt says "Rawr", but I was a bit off center when I designed it. sweatdrop

User Image

=======================

~~Contest #3: Spooky Screenshot Winners!:~~

FIRST PLACE: Winner of a Sweetheart Ring, an Abuse or Integrity Ring (your choice), a Ghost Ring (it is Halloween after all!) and 500,000 gold is: Silk Kanishk
Silk Kanishk
~~Contest #3: Spooky Screenshot!:~~

Username: Silk Kanishk
Title of image: Deathly Joke
Description of what is going on in the screenshot: The night is hallow's eve and our undead comedian is giving a stand-up routine to the dead who rest here. Nothing but the slither of serpents and the still laughing gazes of the pumpkins respond to his humor. Which is just as well; The living would never tolerate such deathly puns.

User Image

SECOND PLACE: Winner of a Sweetheart Ring, an Abuse or Integrity Ring (your choice), a Ghost Ring (it is Halloween after all!) and 250,000 gold is: Rabid-Turtle
Rabid-Turtle
*Username: Rabid-Turtle
* Title of image: Dark Shadows in the graveyard
*Contest # 3
* Description of what is going on in the screenshot:

If you find yourself in the Von Helson graveyard when the moon is high you may just come across a sinister phantom lurking in the shadows, sometimes you hear music coming from the graves, it may just be a trick to lure you to your doom.

User Image

THIRD PLACE: Winner of a Sweetheart Ring, an Abuse or Integrity Ring (your choice), a Ghost Ring (it is Halloween after all!) and 100,000 gold is: Genius Tech Freak
Genius Tech Freak
*Username: Genius Tech Freak
*Contest: 3
* Title of image: Plans Gone Wrong
* Description: Just an average day scientist looking for things to do or work on and getting into more trouble than the bargained for. Yes he did experiment on himself to, hence why he's a wolf thing. (I hope the image size isn't too big.... I also hope I submitted it correctly or in the correct place.)

User Image

================

Well, there you have it! Congrats again to the winners, and well done to all who entered! I'll be contacting the winners today to let them know how they can receive their prizes! biggrin

-Sisky

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
siskataya

Well, there you have it! Congrats again to the winners, and well done to all who entered! I'll be contacting the winners today to let them know how they can receive their prizes! biggrin

-Sisky

Woot! Thanks so much, Sisky. I knew you'd love my puns. wink

Familiar Lunatic

Congratzzzz to the winners.

Man that pumpkin still blows my mind.
Bwehehehe, the Frog got swag pirate

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
someone sent me here from skype. then i login and get a quote. oh snap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i....

*falls over on couch* redface i guess you all did like the hawt guy. i..... agree....

*hides face*

Familiar Lunatic

Oy, maybe update the thread's title to say winners have been announced or something.

Dangerous Fatcat

10,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
brb crying ;-;

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Congrats to the winners, no butthurt on my end. Just remembering why I don't enter contests.

Dangerous Fatcat

10,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
siskataya

I have a biiiiiiiig question, i really want you to answer. Would it be possible if I can have like, a special transfer with integrity on my mule account onto my main? I really want integrity on my main account and I don't want to have to go through the leveling process in zOMG and do all these transfers of items for an account swap.

I was hoping I'd have a chance at winning the screenshot contest, but I knew my description wasn't all thought out nor were my screenshots.

Aged Nerd

Congratulations to the winners! All of the entries were amazing! emotion_yatta

Cheery Bear

24,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Congrats to the winners! mrgreen

Pants

21,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Congrats everyone! cool It was definitely fun to participate and see all the other entries. Would love to have another at some point.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff