Total Votes:[ 56 ]
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image zOMC!: zOh My Contests! - Stop the Phantom User Image

Greetings zOMGaians... If you are reading this transmission our message from the future has been transmitted. Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Michael Berth otherwise known as Mikey. Berryfarmer here has been transmitting tales of our adventures in his story "zOMC! A Comedy of Epic Portions."

Being frank here we need your help forum goers. There aren't a whole lot of animated or rings from what we've seen so far in our exposure to the new world. These contests here are to create those animated and rings. That's right it's up to you to give us tools or enemies. We're looking for people who are creative and inspired in order to help in this endeavor.

The following transmissions detail what we are looking for.....Will transmit...more...they are coming!

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Create A Ring!

Hello again, I managed to avoid the last Blade Corps patrol and reach the transmitter. I don't know how long I can keep the channel open so I'll be quick. We need rings to fight with out here. Hack and Slash are good but we just need more.

Contest: Design a Ring
In this contest your job is to design a ring. It can be anything really: attack, buff, debuff, crowd control, passive, active, whatever your idea is we could use it out here. I'm going to show you what we're looking for using two examples:

Example 1:
Ring: Wish User Image
Description: Heal any of your friends, one at a time with this quickly-recharging and powerful ring. Higher Rage Ranks heal targets standing around your target also. The bigger the Rage Rank, the bigger the area affected.
Ring Type: Healing
Range: Extreme
Cooldown: 4 seconds
Cost: Stamina: 4.44
Ring Effects:
RR1: 150-200 Damage Healed (170 Damage Healed)
RR2: 190-250 Damage Healed (220 Damage Healed) + AoE
RR3: 230-320 Damage Healed (270 Damage Healed) + AoE
RR4: 320-440 Damage Healed (380 Damage Healed) + AoE

Example 2:
Ring: Lancer User Image
Description: Get ready to fire your LAZOR! This ring sends out a lance made of pure Ghi energy and strikes your target. You can fire a short burst or a sustained beam depending on your preference.
Range: Extreme
Cooldown: 4 seconds
Cost: Stamina: Beam- 5 per second, Burst- 4.44
Ring Effects: At CL 10.0
Burst:
RR1: 80-115 Damage
RR2: 110-145 Damage
RR3: 140-170 Damage
RR4: 165-200 Damage

Beam:
30 DPS

Rules and Guidelines:
1 ) Be original: Your ring needs a name, description and effects.
2 ) Be open to criticism, your ring idea is going to be judged by some of the judges and they'll have their own commentary.
3 ) Artwork is optional, but it does help.
4 ) Your entry doesn't have to look exactly like the examples but it does need to cover the same areas used in some way.
5 ) You can change the thing used to fuel the ring, ie using stamina, health or even ghi in order to use the ring's power.
6 ) Be respectful of other entrants or you may find yourself disqualified. However, feel free to comment about it, just keep it friendly. If the judges or myself feel that you are violating this rule you will receive one warning, if you continue you'll be asked to leave the contest.
7 ) You may submit more than one entry, but only your higher scoring entry shall qualify for a prize if more than one place.
8 ) If you resubmit a design after it has been critiqued, the new design will be critiqued so it can receive a better score or it may even get a worse score.
9 ) Rules and guidelines subject to change, please check back here to keep apprised of them.
10 ) Deadline for entering this contest is 12:00AM PST 5/15/2012

Ring template
[b]Ring:[/b]
[b]Description[/b]:
[b]Range: [/b]
[b]Cooldown: [/b]
[b]Cost: Stamina/HP/Ghi:[/b]
[b]Ring Effects:[/b]
[b]RR1:[/b]
[b]RR2:[/b]
[b]RR3:[/b]
[b]RR4:[/b]

Scoring
Below are the categories that entries in this contest will be scored in and how much each category is worth. Please keep these in mind when making a submission.
Originality (20)- Does your ring have an original effect or is it something we’ve already seen? For example is it just another heal ring or is it a new kind of buff?
Balance (15)- Do the ring’s stats balance? Is the stamina cost and recharge rate balance with the damage or healing or other effects, or does the ring give too much power for too little cost? Standard for damaging rings to look at is Hack.
Description (15)- Does the ring’s description give an accurate idea of what it does? Is the in-game text description something that works for the ring?

Prizes:
1st: Deadman's Shadow Powerup Bundle User Image
2nd: Ghi Amp Deluxe Bundle User Image
3rd: 3x Revive User Image
4th: 1x Supercharger Deluxe User Image

Judges:
If you would like to be a judge please PM me and tell me why you think you would be a good judge. Keep in mind as a judge you are disqualified from winning any kind of prize.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Create An Animated!

Hello, minions! Yes, I The Phantom have sent a message too. It's only fair since that Michael Berth sent one asking for your rings. I'll be upfront with you, I need an army. And you are going to devise it for me. I already have animated hats, swords, axes and dolls but I could use more.

Contest: Design an Animated
In this contest your job is to design an animated creature. It can be anything really: a hat, doll, whatever your imagination will allow. Whatever your idea is I want your enemy in my army. I'm going to show you what I'm looking for using this example:

Example:
Animated Name: Outlaw Pup
Description: Outlaw Pups are Animated born with the appearance of the Outlaw Biker Ashe Jacket, among countless other Pups to the She Wolf. Like wolves, they tend to attack in groups. When they die, the Pups simply deflate, their eyes "blacking out".
Environment: The Outlaw Pup can be found in a forested environment such as the lakefront at Bassken.
CL and HP:
4.2 (332 HP)
4.3 (340 HP)
4.4 (348 HP
Aggressive or Passive: Aggressive
Spawns in Groups? Yes
How does it attack? Outlaw Pups tend to have a claw attack and a bite attack.
Other Notes:
Artwork:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rules and Guidelines:
1 ) Be original: Your animated needs a name, description and attacks.
2 ) Be open to criticism, your enemy idea is going to be judged by some of the judges and they'll have their own commentary.
3 ) Artwork is necessary. It helps the description and it gives a good visual representation of your creation. When I say art I mean some kind of concept sketch, doesn't need to be anything fancy just so long as it conveys the general idea of the creature they describe in their entry. Like if I wanted to submit a Flying Giftbox, a rough sketch showing the winged giftbox with the fitting description would be plenty.
4 ) Your entry doesn't have to look exactly like the example but it does need to cover the same areas used in some way.
5 ) Be respectful of other entrants or you may find yourself disqualified. However, feel free to comment about it, just keep it friendly. If the judges or myself feel that you are violating this rule you will receive one warning, if you continue you'll be asked to leave the contest.
6 ) Animated can be based on anything your imagination wants to make them out of, Gaiaverse items, real items, mythology, etc, your imagination is the limit.
7 ) You can submit more than one entry for but only your best one will receive a prize if you qualify for multiple places.
8 ) If you resubmit a design after a critique, the new design will be critiqued so it can receive a better score or it may even get a worse score.
9 ) Rules and guidelines subject to change, please check back here to keep apprised of them.
10 ) Deadline for entering this contest is 12:00AM PST 5/15/2012

Animated Template
[b]Animated Name:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Environment:[/b]
[b]CL and HP:[/b]
[b]Aggressive or Passive:[/b]
[b]Spawns in Groups?[/b]
[b]How does it attack? [/b]
[b]Other Notes:[/b]
[b]Artwork:[/b]

Scoring
Below are the categories submissions will be judged in and the point value given to each category. Try to keep these in mind when making a submission.
Originality (15)- Is the enemy something we’ve never seen before or a recolor and rehash of something already in zOMG? Does the enemy have some kind of new effect never seen before or is it another slasher enemy?
Balance (10)- Are the enemy’s HP, CL and damage done balance for something that can be reasonably by fought with those statistics?
Description (20)- Does the description of the enemy have enough where this monster can be pictured in its environment? Is it clear enough to picture the enemy before seeing the artwork?
Artwork (5)- Is there an art submission accompanying the entry? Does the art accurately reflect the described submission?

Prizes:
1st: Deadman's Shadow Powerup Bundle User Image
2nd: Supercharger Deluxe Bundle User Image
3rd: 3x Revive User Image
4th: 1x Ghi Amp Deluxe User Image

Judges:
If you would like to be a judge please PM me and tell me why you think you would be a good judge. Keep in mind as a judge you are disqualified from winning any kind of prize.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Affiliates and Helpers:
Dark Light Doom- Thank you for making nice templates for submissions.
Ruike Raka- For her mention of this contest in her thread here.
Environmental Unity- For motivating me to keep lists updated and lending her graceful hands to helping me in that endeavor.
Zealand_Aquarius- For saving my a** when it came to judging.

Winner's Circle:

Design a Ring
1st: Starshine
2nd: Y 0 N A H
3rd: Gothic Nii San
4th: dilann
Ring Score Breakdown:

Design an Animated
1st: II-Mystic Mirage-II
2nd: Obsequious Gray
3rd: xXx_chinnie_xXx
4th: Starshine
Animated Score Breakdown:

Blacklist
None so far let's keep it that way.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Contest Entries: Rings

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
FAQS and Other Notes
Can I enter both contests?
Yes, you can and you can win prizes in both contests.
Does my ring have to have an icon?
No, purely voluntary but it might help you with imagining things.
Does my animated need art?
Yes, but this art can as simplistic as you want just so long as it depicts what you describe.
Can I submit more than one thing in each contest?
Yes, but you can only win one prize in each contest. For example if you entered the "Create a Ring" contest with two different rings and one places first and the other third, you would only receive the prize for first place.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hello everyone, feel free to begin discussions or entries, etc.

Gracious Hunter

11,800 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
*peeks in*

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
saw your test thread of this 4laugh

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
jonjon21428

JonJon- you've been stalking again... haven't you? blaugh

Looks like a great contest Berry! I may even see about doing something, although my art skills are... limited... at best.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Zzyli
jonjon21428

JonJon- you've been stalking again... haven't you? blaugh

Looks like a great contest Berry! I may even see about doing something, although my art skills are... limited... at best.

Ring contest doesn't require art, just an imagination. ^^

Aged Nerd

Nice contest Berry! I look forward to seeing some great entries!
emotion_dowant

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Good luck with the contest, Berry! I'm afraid that my imagination for this sort of stuff isn't very good, so I won't be entering...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff