Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which character/creature would you like to see art of next?

Mikey 0.12941176470588 12.9% [ 11 ]
John 0.082352941176471 8.2% [ 7 ]
Fluffs (post which one) 0.41176470588235 41.2% [ 35 ]
Father Garghoul 0.058823529411765 5.9% [ 5 ]
Malevobear 0.16470588235294 16.5% [ 14 ]
Other: Please post 0.15294117647059 15.3% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 85 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25 26 27 > >>

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Is chapter 9 on hold with school starting?

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
sailoranimecode
Is chapter 9 on hold with school starting?

More like a bad case of work getting in the way and writer's block.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Chapter 9 full is out. Got over the writer's block.

16,575 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Clambake 200
I want to see some more about Henry. He sounds like a character who can make the heroic cycle of going from juvenile/adolescent teenager/womanizer to growing into someone truly heroic and capable of deeper feelings.

Good chapter, I hope the writer's block monster gets off your back. Maybe you can send it to Canada to deal with that coworker you don't like.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sam the Fairy Queen
I want to see some more about Henry. He sounds like a character who can make the heroic cycle of going from juvenile/adolescent teenager/womanizer to growing into someone truly heroic and capable of deeper feelings.

Good chapter, I hope the writer's block monster gets off your back. Maybe you can send it to Canada to deal with that coworker you don't like.

I already shipped that monster out. Ahh Henry, I have something special planned for him in the future.

16,575 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Clambake 200
Berryfarmer
Sam the Fairy Queen

I already shipped that monster out. Ahh Henry, I have something special planned for him in the future.

Oooooh I look forward to seeing what you do with him. -waves Team Henry flag-
I wonder if we could get [ JK ] to donate a picture/tektek for the character bio of himself. He's probably too shy for an actual pic, but what if he tekteked something to be a fair approximation of himself?

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sam the Fairy Queen
Berryfarmer
Sam the Fairy Queen

Oooooh I look forward to seeing what you do with him. -waves Team Henry flag-
I wonder if we could get [ JK ] to donate a picture/tektek for the character bio of himself. He's probably too shy for an actual pic, but what if he tekteked something to be a fair approximation of himself?

Team Henry? While Henry, Mikey and Jeremy are my favorite characters to write you cannot deny that The Phantom has some devious powers and plans. He may even end up winning in some way or another.

As for [ JK ] doing that, you'd have to ask him yourself. Though I would suggest waiting until after Deadman's Shadow is released so he isn't as busy or exhausted.

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Is the blood amulet going to be in this in any way? Or DMS?

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
sailoranimecode
Is the blood amulet going to be in this in any way? Or DMS?

If I do it will be under the reasoning of being rearranged into chapter 2. But I hadn't thought about that when I started writing this to be honest.

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Don't worry about it. I was just curious if it was or not. If not, that's cool.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hey guys I'm going to be releasing Chapter 10 in two parts since it is long and suspenseful. I hope you enjoy Part 1 while I continue working on Part 2.

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to someone very special to me. She has been my muse and a constant source of inspiration to keep this story going. Without her I probably wouldn't have written so much into it.

Chapter 10: The Sealab X Factor: Part 1

“So you’re telling us that KJ wants us to succeed and that she or he has singled you out as her mate in this plan? Do you really expect us to believe any of that?” Jeremy stared in disbelief as Mikey had just finished relating the story of his encounter with KJ.

“So this complicates things. Do we play along or try to carve our own path?” John sat back and thought about what Mikey had related.

“You seriously don’t believe any of it do you? I mean seriously he disappears for a few hours and invents a wild tale about it-“ Jeremy had begun speaking before Henry put his hand up to quiet him.

“Jeremy, he disappeared for hours to somewhere we could only identify as question marks. I think we can assume he is telling the truth. Whether or not KJ is telling the truth remains to be seen.” Henry stomped out the last embers of the fire as everyone was gathering up to head to Gold Beach.

“So what are the chances that The Phantom will be ready and waiting for us as we pass through Gold Beach?” Penelope tightened her rings down.

“Whether or not you believe me is not what’s at debate Jeremy. It’s how we react to the information that is relevant. I want to err on the side of caution, we use KJ’s offer as best we can to defeat both it and The Phantom. Any kind of help we can get is useful.” Mikey walked over to the stone entry way. “What do you see Kerri?” She and him had actually spent most of the night trading old stories about playing back in, as they called it, the Golden Age. Back when people like gtsluvr and Environmental Unity used to be sources of wisdom when needed. He even thought about how much he would welcome Tangocat77’s sense of humor right now.

“We should probably move soon. I thought I saw The Phantom enter the jungle and begin coming this way. It looks like he may be taking the route through the lower stairs.” She slipped through the doorway as everyone quickly followed her out. The moved silently as they made for the upper stairs.

“Wait.” Mikey held his arm in front of everyone as he peered around a corner. A chill ran up his spine as he watched as The Phantom, KJ, and 6 creatures he could only describe as golems out of some myth moved towards the set of the stairs on the other side of the terrace. A small rock slid out from nearby Mikey and rustled on the ground close to Mikey and the crew. KJ heard the sound and immediately began approaching the source of the sound. “Guys get ready to run if we have to.” Mikey whispered to the others, “Don’t look back just run full speed to the whirlpool.” He added.

“What is it KJ?” The Phantom asked as his lieutenant moved towards the stairs.

“I thought I heard something.” KJ came around the corner and was face to face with the crew. KJ looked back to make sure The Phantom was looking away before putting a finger over where its lips would be. The warrior transfigured it’s head to the female one Mikey had told the others of and she winked at the crew before transfiguring back. KJ began walking back to rejoin The Phantom and his golems. “Nothing my lord just the old decaying stone of the ruins. We should keep going if we are going to catch them.”

“Very well. Onward to the throne room.” The group moved up the other set of stairs.

“Now. Let’s go.” Mikey whispered as the crew began moving again. They had made it to the border with Gold Beach before they saw a silver light shoot out from where the throne room was. As they emerged on the Gold Beach Mikey mimicked the effects of fleet feet and made for the whirlpool. He turned around and pushed Kerri to the ground as a silver beam shot over their heads.

“Michael Berth, will you forever be a thorn in my side or can I actually kill any of your friends?” The Phantom stood where the null crystal would have been as he glared at the crew.

“Keep going guys, I’ll catch up don’t worry.” Mikey repeated fleet as he watched the crew move off. “So long as I’m here you’ll not harm any of them.” He glared back at The Phantom.

“It seems I’ll have to remove you then. Don’t worry your friends will join you shortly.” He fired a beam from his ring, which dissipated as soon as it hit a mimic turtle. He fired three more times each meeting the same fate. Mikey fired back with the assimilated data he had on the ring being used against him. His beam however was red in color as he fired a few shots. The Phantom batted each shot away with his bare hands. “Impressive! But I am unamused at your mimicry.”

“We have to go back for him! We can’t let him face The Phantom alone!” Kerri was trying to break free of the grip John had on her as he dragged her to the whirlpool.

“We have our own problems. And he said don’t look back.” John pointed at the golems in their path. “Spread out, give them more targets to chase. We have to get to the whirlpool!” The five runners spread out as they ducked and weaved between the massive stone warriors. John turned around and saw the exchange of beam attacks occurring between Mikey and The Phantom as he was pulled under water.

“You lose. My crew is safely away now. It’s just you and me.” Mikey was backing away to the whirlpool as he alternated between turtle and his own beam.

“Is it just you and me?” The Phantom motioned at his stone golems. Both he and Mikey fired beams at the same moment. The twin lances of energy struck in midair and locked their senders together as the point at which they crashed together sparked and crackled. The Phantom stared in disbelief as he tried to pull away only to find his ring locking him into pushing more energy into the link. The point of collision moved closer to and farther from The Phantom as he relaxed and pushed out more energy.

Mikey tried to pull away but found himself unable to. As he realized the affects of pushing more energy into the link he focused on holding on and holding back The Phantom. He could feel his stamina wearing away as the link was maintained, but he knew whoever broke it first would likely be at a disadvantage. “I can’t give up. I can’t let him win. He must not be allowed to win.” The collision point was slowly moving closer to Mikey as he depleted his stamina. He could hear The Phantom making some kind of catcall about his weakness and compassion. “I need MORE!” He felt a surge of energy come from within himself as his rings suddenly lit up like bright headlights in the pitch black of night. Energy surged through him as his entire body seemed to burst into bluish white flames. His beam suddenly enlarged as the energy surge poured into it. The red quickly overwhelmed and consumed the silver as it closed in on The Phantom. It struck The Phantom in the chest and the shockwave from the incredible release of energy cracked the mask he wore. The force of the shockwave threw Mikey back as he was pushed through the golem line. He looked up from where he had become buried in the sand and crawled the rest of the way to the whirlpool. He felt himself passing out as it pulled him underwater.

“Indeed he is the powerful one I have been seeking.” The Phantom brushed himself off as he got up. “His will and sense of duty are incredible and give him immense strength to trigger a full Ghi Burst without being disciplined in it. Oh bother, I’ll need to construct a new mask because of him.” The Phantom looked at the broken pieces of his mask in his hands. He smiled as the sun struck the skin of his face. It had been ages since anyone had given him a real challenge.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Is he alive?”

“Well obviously, he is breathing. But look at these burns. What’s even more strange, look at his rings.” Jeremy held Mikey’s arm up to show the rest of the crew Mikey’s rings, which had all cracked across the band, all of them except his Sweetheart Ring.

“He did it. I don’t believe it. He triggered an uncontrolled Ghi Burst. That’s why he has no ghi, stamina or health. I don’t believe it.” He closely examined the crack pattern on the rings.

“John mind telling us what’s going on? Not everyone here helped program or art for chapter two.” Henry and the others gathered closer to listen to John.

“Well, we programmed in the Ghi Burst as you already know. But we had to find a way to limit players from just using it any time they wanted. We put measures where players would have to master it or else it would break their rings. We programmed five rings to be immune to that because of their rarity and status as event rings: Integrity, Abuse, Sweetheart, Fortune’s Favor and Sugar Rush.”

“That explains why his Sweetheart is undamaged. You told us before a Ghi Burst allows incredible power at the cost of severe exhaustion is that what we’re looking at right now?” Jeremy unceremoniously dropped Mikey’s arm.

“A controlled burst would not knock out the burster. No, this is an uncontrolled burst that swallowed everything he had in one or two shots.” John looked down.

“Will he be alright?”

“When will he wake up?” Kerri and Penelope asked their questions at almost the same time.

“He’ll be okay, just don’t know how long it will take him to recharge to a point of being conscious. Under normal circumstances it would be a 15 minute disconnect for triggering an uncontrolled burst, but this isn’t normal circumstances.”

“Why are you guys talking like I’m not here or like I’m dead?” Mikey grumbled as he started coming around.

“Mikey you’re okay.” Kerri flung herself at him and squeezed him.

“Gahh! I won’t be okay if you squeeze me to death. Get off of me.” Mikey tried to push Kerri off of himself but she was latched on tight.

She let go and began standing up, slapping Mikey across the face as she did, “Don’t scare us like that again! You go all suicidal, lone gunslinger on us every single time when we should be fighting as a team. Time to knock that off, you can trust us you know. Now get up we need to make a line for Sealab X to get that last key fragment.” She stared back with a look of anger in her eyes.

“Alright, I’ll try not to. It’s just I worry about you guys. Five people could probably carry out the mission but losing everyone would be a devastating loss.” He slowly got up. The salty water stung where she had slapped him. It still hurt.

“Anyone remember the quickest ways through SS and EB? It’s been a while since I was down here. Not since the Bloodstone Amulet and Deadman’s Shadow came out. By the way John what happened to Deadman’s Shadow? It suddenly vanished and any ring upgraded by shadow orbs capped at 10.0.” Henry looked at John.

“As part of the preparations for chapter two, we arranged some of the available content. Deadman’s Shadow as a result got moved, don’t worry the rings will uncap once we enter chapter two, it may even give us a leg up in the first two areas before we get to where DMS was moved to.” John answered Henry as Mikey thought.

“Guys we’re going to SMEB, just like my old captain taught me. If you have any objections voice them now.” He stated to the crew. He added to himself, “Let’s just hope I remember the Uni method correctly.”

“Uhh didn’t a lot of the old SMEB crews have trouble with triggering the over powered queen?” Penelope spoke first.

“Yeah, how are we going to avoid that? We don’t exactly have reflect like the good old days.”

“Quick show of hands, who got abuse and who got integrity when they did that.” Henry laughed a little.

“Like we’d say with John right here with us? Any way back on track, the crew leader who taught me this method had a pretty good track record of not getting the queen or sub commander at high charge level. It might take some time when we get to the lab, but it is a safer mob route there. Step one we lure as much as we can to the first chest down here, the fluff chest. Ready guys?” As everyone nodded their approvals Mikey activated an imitation fleet feet. They ran for the first chest dragging fluffs, clams, and a few spouts with them.

“Corner, corner!” Penelope called as she stopped in the corner near the chest. Everyone huddled up and after a few seconds of being snared by fluffs and prodded by spouts the enemies were vanquished.

“What was that old myth, leader opens? Go ahead Mikey, I want to see if there’s some strange work at play with chests here.” After looking to each of them for an okay Mikey kicked the chest open. Six rings hovered out and as each one floated to a crew member the information registered them as Lancer Rings.

Mikey held the ring a moment, it’s power felt familiar to him already. “Guys this ring lets you shoot lasers. Or at least energy beams.” He held the ring a moment before it faded into his pack. “Alright onto the second chest in the labyrinth.” He mimicked another fleet as the crew sped off.

“Mikey, this style is familiar. Who taught it to you?” Penelope asked as they reached the second chest. The chest opened up dumping out three fluffs into the gathered mob.

“It was years ago. I think the crew leader’s name was Uni or Unity or something like that.” He set flame to the group of fluffs.

“He guys one thing I never got was how rings like fire rain or hot foot worked underwater. Or heavy water balloon even.” Kerri asked as the last of the fluffs dissolved releasing another set of rings from the chest. This bunch was unfamiliar to Mikey but the identification information identified it as Healing Wish.

“Never did work on that part of the design, Kerri. Your guess is as good as mine.” John held the ring and looked at it before it disappeared into his inventory.

“So what does a healing wish ring do exactly when it’s equipped?” Henry looked at the ring before it disappeared.

“My guess is it has to do with stamina regeneration while being used like wish.”

“For the cost of 15 stamina you can cast on another player and restore up to 50 of their stamina. At higher rage it area of effects. Has the same cool down as wish, at the minimum it will restore 15 stamina, so they aren’t chainable unless you use rage. At least if the effects have been unaltered.”

“Radical. So I’m guessing our next stop is the tail for another mob?”

“Yes to the tail for the next mob.” He mimicked a fleet feet and ran for the tail, luring anything that came across his path as he went. The barnacle fluffs and the guard spout spawned as they rallied at the tail.

“Just like good old times of speed runs. Hope we don’t accidentally get glitched rings from the queen, commander or switches.”

“We fixed that bug back in 2011. And even if you did get a glitched ring I’m right here to report it to, and Swarf is right out there to look into it.” John chuckled as they bantered.

“Alright top of the clam. Penelope you get spout side, I’ll get bug side?” He released another fleet as they sped off.

“Got it chief.” As they reached the top of the clam Mikey went left and Penelope went right. The rest of the crew waited on edge as they saw the two racing in from both directions with mobs in tow.

“I abhor the speed mobbing tactics.” Kerri began.

“Well we are on a bit of a time limit. We don’t exactly want to waste 4 hours meandering through the seas.” Jeremy shot back.

“Normally, I’d agree with you Kerri, but Jeremy brings up the point I’m more worried about.” John called over the sounds of rings loosing their powers.

“Well if it comes down to having less than four hours left to stop him when we find The Phantom, you can complain then. But I don’t like speed.” Kerri crossed her arms and stayed rooted to the ground as the crew sped away to the three chests. Jeremy thinking he was trolling lured the fluffs around the eye.

“Thanks Jeremy I was about to grab those.” Henry laughed as the crew minus Kerri assaulted the menagerie of animated.

“Make them monocular!”

“They offend the eye!” The fluffs cried in protest as their health was chewed away.

“For the eye!” Shouted the last one as it dissolved away.

“Kerri, get over here. Now!” Mikey raised his voice, something the crew had not heard him do at one of them since Jeremy in Bassken.

“What do you want?” Kerri retorted back as she sheepishly approached.

“Kerri, I’m sorry I raised my voice but we are on a time constraint. We need to use every minute we have in the most efficient way possible. That means we can’t afford to take all day doing SS and EB. I know how you feel about speed, but for the sake of the world we need to speed. What’s happening is bigger than you or me, and it affects a lot more people than just us here. Now, will you put aside your distaste and help us?” He had lowered his tone and held his hand out for her to shake.

She shivered a few minutes before finally shaking his hand, “You’re right. We need to put aside our personal feelings for the greater good. But if we ever SS again, we’re not doing speed. I suppose this means I need to suspend my claim that I kill Chiefs and NeXus?” Kerri wiped a tear out of her eye.

“Not killing them would certainly be helpful to us.” Mikey smiled as he opened the three chests Shadow Orbs spilled out. So many that Mikey’s head spun trying to count them all. “Think he altered the programming here to make us more a fight when we do get to him?”

“Either that or Brother Swarf has found a way to help us as best he can.” John and everyone else laughed a little bit at the title Brother Swarf.

“Haven’t heard him called that since that incident a few years back. I didn’t know he still went by that.” Jeremy laughed.

“He doesn’t like it when I call him that at the office, but that doesn’t stop me.” Everyone got a laugh again as they rechecked all their rings.

“Next stop, the queen. We’re about a fourth of the way there guys. Then we’ll get to see chapter two.” Mikey mimicked the fleet again and they were off to race to get to Queen Lorelei.

John stayed towards the back of the crowd as his earpiece buzzed. “You mean you can see the programming through his eyes? Interesting. Let us know if he sees anything out of the ordinary. Yes, I’m reminded of Ren too. I wonder what happened to them too. Maybe we’ll find them hard to tell at the moment.” He was whispering to himself and the person on the earpiece while everyone else was dealing with Lorelei.

“Destroy the air dwellers, destroy them NOW!” She called as Mikey and Henry cut into her.

“Whoa hold up, something about the program has been altered here.” John stopped the crew as they were about to pass from Shallow Seas to Undersea Ledge. “One moment they’re trying to figure out what got changed.”

“He added a wall. So that once we’re on the other side there’s no retreating back to Shallow Seas. I can see it.” Mikey looked at John. “Now how did I know that? Programming is not my area of expertise. Is someone else poking around in my head? John?” He looked angry about the thought of someone else in his head.

“Let’s just keep going.” They carefully stepped through the gateway between Shallow Seas and Undersea Ledge. As Mikey had said, the gateway closed itself once everyone was through.

“It’s Swarf or Mavdoc poking around in my head isn’t it? Whoever it is they’ve uploaded a bunch of code into my brain, something about comparing it to what was programmed versus what is here.” John hung his head as Mikey asked.

“Wait, you can see code? Why haven’t you just downloaded a way into chapter two instead of this key business?” Penelope gasped at the unfolding situation.

“Up until whoever’s tinkering, it was only intermittent when I could see code. Now it’s like I can switch between code vision and regular vision.” He closed his eyes as he switched back to regular vision. “To those crates, and let no fluff or clam be spared.” Penelope ran around luring the fluffs as Mikey took the crew to the prearranged location to beat on brain clams. Their stings were painful on his arm, but Mikey smiled as he saw Penelope charging back with several barnacle fluffs in tow.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“My lord, they have entered the ledge and are as we speak moving through the forces there. Are you certain it was wise to give them those two rings and considerable number of Shadow Orbs?” KJ knelt before The Phantom as he sat on his crystal throne.

“When trying to make a trap, sometimes giving the creature you intend to catch what they want is the best bait. I have baited my trap with hope that they can fight me. And if this hope brings them where I need them then my trap has worked.” The Phantom spun two orbs in his hand against each other.

“Fred L. Gnower is ready once they complete Sealab X.”

“Excellent, he is the final guardian to the chapter two crystal. Once they vanquish him and cut the path I need then my plan can move forward. That one, Michael should be the first to experience my surprise for them.” He pointed to a close up on his crystal of the crew fighting the horde of grunny subs. There were six displays each focused on a different member of the crew. “John was a fool to think that the CEO allowing chapter two to be made would change the relationship between zOMG and the main site. The only things the CEO understands are money and power. Tell me KJ, are Frosty, Malevobear, Caterkiller and the rest of that rabble called bosses ready to greet our guests?” The Phantom stopped spinning his orbs as he stared at KJ for the answer.

“They are assembled and awaiting me to join them at the entry, your Excellency.” KJ bowed and was about to leave when The Phantom stopped her with another question. She could feel the sweat under her mask as she turned to answer.

“The 20 or so sent before them have all been captured or subdued, yes?”

“Yes sir. We rounded up the last two earlier today as they tried to escape back into chapter one areas. Those 24 won’t be bothering you anymore.” KJ began walking down the hallways as her foot walls echoed off the stone walls.

“Excellent.” The Phantom swiveled in his throne as the screen he was watching focused in on the crew fighting their way through the robofish.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………

“See, nothing to it.” Mikey said as they finished the last of the robofish. “Okay here’s the plan, I’m going to be the bait. We’re going to lure one massive mob to the EB door. Penelope since you know this style already, I’m counting on you to keep an eye on everyone else. Don’t follow me until I come back with the mob.” Everyone nodded in agreement as he blew his fake whistle. Penelope took lead of the others while Mikey ran off like a mad man. He face planted on one seacycle to get its attention as he swung a grunny sub’s arm.

“Think he’s alright?” Kerri asked as they reached the door.

“Wahoo!”

“He might be a little crazy, but he’s fine.” Penelope said as she saw Mikey leading an army of the animated back to them.

“My what a big mob you have there Mikey.” Henry teased.

“Sure it isn’t compensating for something?” Jeremy laughed as he dove into battle.

“Now guys keep it PG-13 or I’ll have to ban the lot of you when all this is over.” John assaulted a wave of seacycles Mikey had brought.

“Aww you wouldn’t do that John would you?” Penelope killed two labtechs with a critical hit.

“Don’t tempt him. He might have no choice if we keep up.” Mikey jested as the last of the labtech rabble dissolved, somehow the NeXus was still alive. “Good job. Same process, this time we’re going to the third switch on the high hill top. Ready? Break!” They raced off towards the switch. Everyone waited, their breaths baited for Mikey to return with an assembled mass of animated. And he did.

“Evacuate! Hurricane Mikey has touched down and is bringing a wake of destruction with him, claiming the lives of no less than 15 labtechs, 4 grunny subs, and 5 jumpers. Not to mention the property damage to several seacycles.” Henry laughed as everyone stared strangely as if he was crazy. “Never mind. Bad joke. So I’m guessing we make for that second switch nestled next to the tower?”

“You catch on quick. Yes, to the switch two!” The crew was off at a run to the next switch at a rapid pace. As they reached the switch the labtechs swarmed around them. Harpoons flew from every direction as did bursts of flame, arrows, balloons, shurikens. A labtech held his harpoon gun as defense as Penelope slashed through it and the labtech’s helmet. He dissolved away as he let out his dying scream. Jeremy flung several labtechs against the ground as he whirled around in a frenzied dervish. Everyone was panting but the last labtech dissolved away.

“All these mobs must be doing wonders for your data absorption Mikey. You going to burst into a harpooning frenzy?” Penelope laughed as they all rested.

“Yeah, I could do a burst of harpoons. But I’m saving them for EB.” Mikey laughed as he brushed off his hands.

“So now we mob everything to the first switch?” Jeremy asked as he adjusted how his rings fit on his fingers. Mikey nodded as he whistled, and the crew was off to the switch.

“Wait! I give up! I surrender! You weren’t…” Labtech 123 began.

“Blah blah blah, kind of in a hurry here.” Everyone smiled as Henry mocked the labtech.

“The leak is massive…”

“Oh hurry up we don’t have all year.” Kerri giggled at Henry’s commentary as the speech continued. At last the seacylces and labtechs teleported in and the crew was able to finish clearing the switch.

“Alright, three switches and six of us. Jeremy you and I are taking number three on the hilltop. Kerri you and Henry are taking the second one, nestled in that corner. John you and Penelope stay here and mind this first one. Jeremy is going to count us down. Once we hit the switches, regroup at the door into the Sealab battle. Let’s go!” The crew separated to head to the switches as Mikey blew the whistle again. Mikey and Jeremy encountered next to no resistance as they moved to their switch. Henry and Kerri ran into a single labtech, whom they quickly slew. John and Penelope watched the dots moving on their maps as they kept count of the time.

“Ready on number two.” The message came through on the earpiece. Kerri took some deep breaths as she saw Mikey and Jeremy were burning stamina at an alarming rate.

“We encountered some resistance, but nothing we couldn’t handle. Ready on number three.” Jeremy’s voice came over the earpiece.

“Alright then, ready on one. Jeremy shall you count us down?” John said.

“Alright. Pull the switch when I say zero.” He looked to Mikey who nodded that he was ready. “3…” Everyone’s pulses were racing as they waited for the countdown. Kerri could feel her palms sweating even under water. “2…” Henry’s eyes constricted as he focused on the switch in front of him. Penelope swallowed hard as she heard a faint hum from the switch in front of her. “1…” John closed his eyes as he took a deep breath. Mikey placed his hand on the lever to pull the switch. “0…PULL!” Jeremy yelled as loud as he could as the others pulled the switches. There was a silent pause, the delay was almost unnerving.

“Guys run! Get out of here. John and I’s switch jammed and didn’t go. They’re coming!” Penelope yelled but it was too late. The lights affixed to the tops of the switches had turned red and a siren was blaring as seacycles and labtech jumpers swarmed each switch.

“Kerri, you okay?” Henry and Kerri had began running as soon as the switch had been pulled. They found a small corner to hide as the seacycles passed them. They were going around to all the switches.

“I’m fine, just a small burn. It will heal, what about you?” One seacycle as it spawned and shot them both. The wound it left singed their flesh a little, fortunately they managed to lose the cycle.

“I’ll be fine too. Hehe.” Henry looked at the burn on his arm.

“Think they’re gone?” Penelope and John were hiding out in the tunnel between the compound and robofish tunnel.

“No, the new programming we put in has them amass near switch three until they are defeated. And there will be at most 30 there to deal with. Mikey and Jeremy are going to need our help.” John poked his head out of the tunnel, it was clear.

Mikey and Jeremy were surrounded as they found themselves back to back outnumbered. “Somehow I never saw myself dying in a fight I couldn’t win.” Jeremy said as his eyes widened.

“How about dying fighting side by side with a friend?” Mikey glanced at Jeremy.

“Aye, I could see that.” Jeremy looked back. He and Mikey nodded as they charged the nearest seacycle of the 20 that had amassed.

“Thirty, against two? It sounds worthy of remembrance in a story somewhere even if we lose.” Mikey plunged his blade into the seacycle.

“Who would want to write a story about a misfit crew trying to stop a megalomaniac?” Jeremy asked as he spun around.

“There have been weirder stories in the forums before. Just wonder if this one will ever be known outside of the six of us and HQ.” Mikey ducked under a laser shot from a cycle. Jeremy flashed blue as he used a supercharger, and his rings began to sparkle as he used a ring polisher.

“I’m at least going down fighting with everything I’ve got.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.” Mikey flashed blue and his rings began to sparkle as well. Mikey and Jeremy were batted against the stone wall by the force of a seacycle laser hitting a turtle shield Mikey encased himself and Jeremy in to recover stamina.

“There’s just too many of them. They break the shield within seconds of you throwing it up and they still outnumber us.” Jeremy panted as he used another supercharger.

“We have to hope that the others are coming to help. But we have at least taken six of them with us if we do fail here.” Mikey and Jeremy were both on the verge of passing out with how much health and stamina they’d lost. They both knew if they did that would be the end for them.

“Good bye old friend.” Jeremy’s eyes closed.

Lonely Member

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Awesome! I like how you were able to fit in DMS and the rings in that chapter!

Keep up the great work and can't wait to find out what happens in part 2 of chapter 10!

8,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Nerd 50
*Stumbles across this thread.* This is very interesting and I really like your story plot its got me hooked, awesome job can't wait to read the rest of it keep up the great work.

Winged Storyteller

62,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yuki531
*Stumbles across this thread.* This is very interesting and I really like your story plot its got me hooked, awesome job can't wait to read the rest of it keep up the great work.

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

39,525 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
so when do we get to see part 2 of chapter 10, cause its a good story -mew

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash