Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
yum_bacon yum_sausage The zO-MAY-G! Happy Meativersary Contest! yum_sausage yum_bacon

Hey everyone!

Happy May! In last week's Ask The Admin, a little zOMG!-loving birdie *coughcoughScullycoughcough* told me that last Friday was the anniversary of the zOMG! meets. Or maybe it's meats? Perhaps Metes? Ahhhhh! gonk

Anyway, since we know you love your zOMG! and hanging out in the game with friends and the devs, we thought it would be a nice way to celebrate this, erm, zO-MAY-G! Meativersary with a contest! Open to all Gaians, if you have the winning entry, you could snag a fabulous prize and some cool Gaia gold.

Contest details are in the thread, so read on for information on how to join the fun!

Best of luck to all who enter!
Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
yum_bacon yum_sausage The zO-MAY-G! Meativersary Contest!: Contest Details yum_sausage yum_bacon

What is this contest about and how long will it run?:
Great question! The zO-MAY-G! Meativersary is a contest to celebrate the anniversary of the zOMG! meets in game. These are fun, ongoing get-togethers in which zOMG! devs, artists, and other Gaia staff can hang out with zOMG! players and chat and have fun!

This contest will last from Thursday, May 3rd, 2012 - Friday, May 11th, 2012. Make sure to get your entries in before the time is up to be eligible to win!

I like winning prizes - but what, exactly, can I win?!
Glad you asked! We like when members win prizes too, and these prizes are sure to help you along in zOMG! This contest will have a first, second and third place winner. The prizes for these are as follows:

1st Prize Winner: Sweetheart Ring item and 50,000 Gaia gold (Current marketplace value: 8,050,000 gold)
2nd Place Winner: Summon Outlaw Pup item and 25,000 Gaia gold (Current marketplace value:523,777 gold)
3rd Place Winner: Summon Crystal Fluff item and 10,000 Gaia gold (Current marketplace value: 159,000 gold)

Pretty sweet prizes hey? That Sweetheart Ring alone is worth 8 million gold in the marketplace!

I really want to enter - HOW DOES THE CONTEST WORK and HOW DO I ENTER it?!?!:
Glad to hear you are excited about entering the contest! Here is how the contest works and how you can enter it:

This contest is a screenshot contest involving zOMG! meets and, well, meats!

Your goal is to create the most fabulous image using a screenshot you take while playing zOMG! and show your avatar meeting others in the game. In honor of the zOMG! meat ring, you'll also need to somehow work a "meat" theme into your image as well! Meets and meats! You can use the zOMG! Meat Ring icon or action bubble image if you like. You are even free to use a photo-editing program to add an image of meat to your screenshot if you want! Please make sure you have permission to use any image you edit into your final work. Copyright infringement is a no-no (even with images of meat! eek ) and anyone found to be violating copyright laws will not only have his/her entry disqualified, but will be warned for copyright infringement as well. Just take a picture of your steak from dinner, and you should be fine! XD

Once you have your entry image the way you want it, you just have to post it in this thread. In your post, please include the following information:
* Username
*Entry # (You may enter up to 3 times, so please put Entry 1, Entry 2, or Entry 3)
* Title of Image
* Description of image (Just a short bit about why you decided to make this image) and why you like the meets/meats!

Should my image be funny? Serious? Touching? - Is there a specific theme I should be thinking about when making my entry?
Great question! There is no specific theme required - only has to have a screenshot from within zOMG! and meat somewhere in the picture. Other than that, you can make it a humorous image, serious image, touching or sentimental image - whatever you can imagine and create! As long as it is appropriate for Gaia, you'll be fine!

We made an example of an entry for you here (though we know you all will do much better!):
User Image

Speaking of appropriate for Gaia - this is a "meet & meat" contest! That sounds wrong... very, very wrong!!! eek
It's true - it does kind of sound wrong. But you know, let's all not go there ok?

Look, we expect that some entries might be a little bit risque given the meat theme and that is ok. Heck, our example entry is, technically, a little risque. But a little harmless innuendo is fine and within our Terms of Service. Blatant sexually explicit references, however, are not ok. Any entry felt to be too explicit or which crosses the line of acceptable content will be removed and the creator warned. And yes, we realize that "too explicit" is subjective, but we have the final say. And frankly, most of us know too explicit when we see it. Keep it clean folks biggrin

I'm a vegetarian and don't like meat - can I still enter?
Yes, yes you can enter, but you'll need to find a way to work meat into your image like everyone else. That said, you could probably include a veggie burger patty or wheat cutlet or tofu "chicken" nugget and nobody will be any the wiser. ninja heart

Why are you using obnoxious pinkish text in this contest thread to highlight important sections?
I was trying to make it the color of raw meat! You know, to keep with the theme! XD I think these colors are pretty close, don't you?

Do swarf and [JK] know about this contest?!
Yes, yes they do, and they like it!

How will the judging work?
Great question! After the contest ends, we (in office) will pick our top 10 favorite entries. This can be based on a variety of reasons - maybe the image is super funny, it might be really sweet and moving - whatever strikes our fancy as making an image awesome! After we have the 10 selected, we'll then make a poll and let the community vote for a while. The winners will be determined by over most-votes by community members. We'll be making a post-contest voting thread once the entry phase of the contest is over.

Tipsy Explorer

9,375 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I can't wait to see the entries. Good luck to everyone!

pirate

Barton Sweetheart

A very nice idea indeed.

Good luck everyone!

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
emotion_awesome

Thanks Sisky!! heart heart heart

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Owlie
emotion_awesome

Thanks Sisky!! heart heart heart

Oh you are welcome! I think this will be super fun. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone can create biggrin

- Sisky

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Zealand_Aquarius
A very nice idea indeed.

Good luck everyone!

Glad you like it! Hope you'll be entering ^__^

- Sisky

Barton Sweetheart

siskataya
Zealand_Aquarius
A very nice idea indeed.

Good luck everyone!

Glad you like it! Hope you'll be entering ^__^

- Sisky

It's fun and silly always a good thing.

I will (try) and enter as well you've got to have an entry that misses the point right?

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
challenge accepted cool

here are my entries (i apologize in advance for any page-stretching that may occur) :
Entries
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
Entry # 1
Love at first Meating
User Image
Description: I was inspired for this image when i came across a screenie I took of Larry in Bill's Ranch hiding an egg behind him during the Easter Event. Through some weird thought process, I came up with this portrayal of the first time i discovered Meat, and it was love since we first "meat".

Entry # 2
Don't F With My Meat
User Image
User Image
Description: Landy has a go at my Meat, but he ends up getting worse than he bargained for.

Entry # 3
Nice to Meat You
User Image
Description: I wa...aah....*drools*....i'm sorry, what were we talking about? (When you see it, you'll laugh)

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry
challenge accepted cool

Most excellent! Looking forward to seeing your work biggrin

Sisky

Bashful Poster

12,050 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
This is exciting!... But there's something I want clarification on. The idea of the image is you meeting others. Now lets say I were to turn in an image that had me and others meeting each other. Would I be the only one to receive credit since I'm the one submitting the image?

Ruthless Genius

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100

Fashionable Nerd

9,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Nerd 50
  • Hygienic 200
Ohhh, I'll try and give this a shot.

Codebreaking Poster

I'll do this with a friend.
But who?
User Image
In seriousness though, I don't know if I will participate or not but good luck to those who do.

Invisible Visionary

17,050 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
This seems very interesting! And seeing as i've got mad photo editing skills along with a sence of humor, i'll definitely be entering. pirate
*begins to brainstorm*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces