Welcome to Gaia! ::

There is no such thing as a Zen "shrine" -- Shrine indicates Shintoism or something vaguely "Shinto." Zen is a sect of Buddhism, which has temples. It's the difference between "-ji" and "-tera/dera" or "jinja."
So?
It doesn't need to make sense.
There's a difference between "making sense" and "mixing up terms for religious/spiritual centers."
we dont care for these rules it can be called whatever they want to call it
Melikochan
There's a difference between "making sense" and "mixing up terms for religious/spiritual centers."
<^><^><^><^><^><^><^>

Chill dude, it's freaking Gaia. Nothing bad will happen.

<^><^><^><^><^><^><^>
k i dont care either

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Gaia is a seperate world from Earth, these religions may not exist in the created world of Gaia. They are simple terms and they are obviously oly to give the feel of the place.
Melikochan
There is no such thing as a Zen "shrine" -- Shrine indicates Shintoism or something vaguely "Shinto." Zen is a sect of Buddhism, which has temples. It's the difference between "-ji" and "-tera/dera" or "jinja."
Not according to Wikipedia. rolleyes You put too much emphasis on the word's origin. Its okay. You tried.
It's very possible that it's just tentative-- but it's also possible that Gaia, being a fictional universe, has different meanings and interpretations associated with those terms.
Ignoring mistakes like this encourages cultural ignorance. I'm not doing anything that would require me to "chill" -- I am pointing out a mistake in hopes that Gaia will recognize it.

Frankachu
Not according to Wikipedia. rolleyes You put too much emphasis on the word's origin. Its okay. You tried.

...You're using Wikipedia as a valid source? XD That's actually really funny.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

6,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Hygienic 200
lol are you serious? a shrine can be ANYTHING people have shrine websites to animes, people, objects.
Definition of a shrine. (http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?sourceid=Mozilla-search&va=shrine)

Main Entry: 1shrine
Pronunciation: 'shrIn, especially Southern 'srIn
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English scrIn, from Latin scrinium case, chest
1 a : a case, box, or receptacle; especially : one in which sacred relics (as the bones of a saint) are deposited b : a place in which devotion is paid to a saint or deity : SANCTUARY c : a niche containing a religious image
2 : a receptacle (as a tomb) for the dead
3 : a place or object hallowed by its associations
Melikochan
Ignoring mistakes like this encourages cultural ignorance. I'm not doing anything that would require me to "chill" -- I am pointing out a mistake in hopes that Gaia will recognize it.
What's your backing on such claim then, other than your own words?
Melikochan

Frankachu

...You're using Wikipedia as a valid source? XD That's actually really funny.

Who cares? rolleyes
Frankachu
Melikochan
What's your backing on such claim then, other than your own words?

Japanese History in high school, along with the history course "Japan to 1600" in college.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff