Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
OMFG Taylor

I'm probably the one person who is actually looking forward to Taunt being fixed Dx
Honestly, I'm dreading how some crews are going to use taunts to get themselves killed, then complain that we didn't heal enough when they just sit there and take every hit that the animated feel like dishing out. And no offense to you, Taylor, but Healing Halo and RR4 wish work a lot better when everyone in a crew takes damage, rather than a tank.
I'll enjoy taunt's effects when they bring back strong ally-only defense buffs. All you can do now to reduce damage as a tank now is to run around in circles, and that makes AoE troublesome.

Familiar Lunatic

tangocat777
Honestly, I'm dreading how some crews are going to use taunts to get themselves killed, then complain that we didn't heal enough when they just sit there and take every hit that the animated feel like dishing out. And no offense to you, Taylor, but Healing Halo and RR4 wish work a lot better when everyone in a crew takes damage, rather than a tank.
I'll enjoy taunt's effects when they bring back strong ally-only defense buffs. All you can do now to reduce damage as a tank now is to run around in circles, and that makes AoE troublesome.
That's exactly why I want it to work actually.
And it only messes with all those generalist and their AoEs xP
Similar to how all those generalists healing powers reduce the need for a Healer.
Generalists are too successful to allow specialization. Blah.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
gataka
tangocat777
That's exactly why I want it to work actually.
And it only messes with all those generalist and their AoEs xP
Similar to how all those generalists healing powers reduce the need for a Healer.
Generalists are too successful to allow specialization. Blah.
Blah? I say, hurrah!

Down with restrictive pseudo-class archetypes, up with a game where skills are what separates players.
zOMG isn't working it stops where it says beta.

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
Yeah, gonna retract my previous statement based on a new experience I had crewing with Taylor. However, I do still feel that taunt is very well covered by Quicksand's aggro-generating effects already. What would make taunt "work" to you guys? Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with quicksand right now, taunt would have to have a much larger area and be perfectly useful at RR1 for me to consider it useful.

Familiar Lunatic

Valheita
Blah? I say, hurrah!

Down with restrictive pseudo-class archetypes, up with a game where skills are what separates players.
I tend to use blah or something akin when I have more on my mind, but prove to be too lazy to continue ._O

There are no such restriction in zOMG!. And that’s the thing.
Mmmm...
Down with everyone being separated by how good they're at doing A, up with a game where Bob can feel good for being good at B, Alice can feel at home doing M, and where Jeff can claim being good at the Greek alphabet, where what particular skills they're good at makes them stand out.
Down with everyone focusing on developing the same skills, up with a game where the ability to adapt to various situations and strategies, thus showcasing, developing, and mastering a greater array of skills, are what make notably good players.
Down with using certain rings virtually never being a bad choice, up with all rings having enough scope to eliminate the very thought of a Tier list, a world where HotRed will praise Adrenaline as a viable option in a common enough situation for it to compare with other rings.
Down with the casual learn this, apply everywhere, be successful, up with the HARDCORE learn this, this, this, then this, and that, and this other thing, and don't forget this one, master them, perfect them, than combine them! With cold fusion! On steroids! D :<

Ignore the last one: zOMG! offers the possibility of having and pleasing both to some extent.
And I can't wait for it to happen.

Generalist being so effective is the restriction. Not following this strategy is rarely a notably good choice.
Takes a large part of "you" out. Takes most of the flexible system out. Takes a chunk of the fun and challenge out.
BLAH. xP

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
More legal bumpage.

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    Is this a good thread to ask how my ring build is?

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Penn Almasy
Is this a good thread to ask how my ring build is?

I think so. Ask away : )

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
    Mmk. So my ring set is this at the moment:

Bump, Hornets, Fire Rain, Bandage, Sweetheart, Pot Lid, H.Halo, and Fitness. When I'm serious, I switch out Bump for Guns.

Is it good?
Penn Almasy

Bump, Hornets, Fire Rain, Bandage, Sweetheart, Pot Lid, H.Halo, and Fitness. When I'm serious, I switch out Bump for Guns.

Is it good?

Not bad. I'd replace fitness for divinity and maybe hornet's nest with another attack ring though.

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
Penn Almasy

Is it good?

I'm going to assume that you're talking about soloing....

It could use a little improvement, but it's a good start -- at least you've got the buff part down pat! : )

The choice of attack rings is sort of weird. Bump and Hornet's Nest scatter your enemies away with knockback and fear, which makes Fire Rain's AoE centered around yourself rather useless.

If you wanted to go with a more long-ranged build, then I would go with something more like Bump, Solar Rays or Hot Foot, and Hunter's Bow -- Solar Rays and Hot Foot are good ranged attacks, Bump pushes away enemies who come too close to you, and Hunter's Bow slows them down enough once you Bump them away so that you can hit them with your ranged rings.

Yay, Bandage -- good choice! That is all. whee

Buffs wise, you're better off with Meat instead of Sweetheart if you're soloing, as the HP boost is way better. Use Divinity over Fitness -- the stamina regen buff is insanely useful. Healing Halo and Pot Lid are good choices (if you wanted to, you can try using Improbability Sphere or Rock Armor instead of Pot Lid).
Penn Almasy

Is it good?

Well-- really, your set should change based on whatever you're doing, but...

I'm gonna assume that you're crewing, and therefore your buffs are interchangeable and others in your crew will cover the ones you don't have.

Bandage-- excellent healing choice.

Fitness-- meh. Just meh. I would probably end up replacing it with another buff, but if you really have nothing else to put there, then so be it.

Hornets-- bad. The Fear affect is annoying, damage is poor... Hot Foot is a similar ring that will give you better results.

Fire Rain is good-- HWB technically does more damage per stamina. However, Fire Rain's AoE is centered on you, and HWB's AoE is centered on your target, so it can be a little tricky to use HWB. Fire Rain is a decent choice there. Keep in mind though, that to be efficient, you should be mobbing with this.

Bump-- good. Idk why on earth you would switch it for G3. G3 has a mediocre range, and meh damage for it's stamina. Bump is a good melee ring. I'd keep it, especially since you have two AoEs.

Shirtless Trader

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Market Browser 100
pikachufan2164

The choice of attack rings is sort of weird. Bump and Hornet's Nest scatter your enemies away with knockback and fear, which makes Fire Rain's AoE centered around yourself rather useless.
Only if you use Hornet's Nest and Bump before Fire Rain.

I think what Penn does is Let the Animated Mob, Hit them with Fire Rain followed by Hornet's nest (which if done right will drive them away from you while taking damage from TWO AoE attacks instead of one). Giving him some brief breathing room to heal himself with bandage and attack any stragglers with..bump?

Course, I'm pretty sure both AAoE Rings EATS Stamina like craaazy so he's gonna want some Divinity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff