Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Z741
No Quicksand as a temporary fix passing for AoE Taunt?
Well.. this is mainly geared towards solo players... Lets face it, in crews almost anything goes as far as rings are concerned... as long as you have some buffs that is.
Myrielle
Z741
Valheita
Rayne Bloodstone
¤════════════════════════════¤

You certainly make a lot of these, don't you? ;pUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yep, I need a life D:

@Myrielle: I could, if you think it's worthwhile. It's pretty much Cat vs Duct Tape though.
Could be. It'll be a matter of a generalist as a soloist and as crew. I will not want a CC that will cause too much aggro when fighting alone for instance.

Haha, if you're fighting alone, it won't matter, cause you'll have all the aggro anyway. rofl

EDIT: Also Val, I feel the title is misleading. Ringset made me think of... well, ringsets. And this thread is about builds, yes?

Perfect Saint

HotRed_Streak
Myrielle
Z741
Valheita
Rayne Bloodstone

You certainly make a lot of these, don't you? ;pUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yep, I need a life D:

@Myrielle: I could, if you think it's worthwhile. It's pretty much Cat vs Duct Tape though.
Could be. It'll be a matter of a generalist as a soloist and as crew. I will not want a CC that will cause too much aggro when fighting alone for instance.

Haha, if you're fighting alone, it won't matter, cause you'll have all the aggro anyway. rofl
Not if you do luring and be all sneaky-like. xd

7,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Valheita
Rayne Bloodstone

Yep, I need a life D:

talk2hand Who said it was a bad thing?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Myrielle
HotRed_Streak
Myrielle
Z741
Valheita
Rayne Bloodstone

Yep, I need a life D:

Eh... if you lure.... you will still have aggro of whatever you lure regardless of whether or not you use quicksand?

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
HotRed_Streak
EDIT: Also Val, I feel the title is misleading. Ringset made me think of... well, ringsets. And this thread is about builds, yes?
I guess I can change it.

I always think of my build as a set of rings >.<;;

Perfect Saint

HotRed_Streak
Myrielle
HotRed_Streak
Myrielle
Z741

Eh... if you lure.... you will still have aggro of whatever you lure regardless of whether or not you use quicksand?
Aggro one at a time whenever possible.This is why I prefer Hunter's Bow. Quicksand gets too many hot and bothered. Not a thing I'd want if I were soloing. Mobbing, on the other hand...Bring it!

Garbage Duck

Thanks for making this, it's clearly written & advocates a good build (imo). I've been using a pretty similar one when soloing but I've never really utilized a CC ring. I'm going to try one now. 3nodding

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
Peppermint Waffles
Thanks for making this, it's clearly written & advocates a good build (imo). I've been using a pretty similar one when soloing but I've never really utilized a CC ring. I'm going to try one now. 3nodding
I'm still not 100% sold on the usefulness of CC myself, but I do know it's nice to reduce battles to 1 v 1.

Familiar Lunatic

Valheita
I'm still not 100% sold on the usefulness of CC myself, but I do know it's nice to reduce battles to 1 v 1.
Why? >.>

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
gataka
Valheita
Why? >.>
'cause I forget to use them outside of boss fights xd

Familiar Lunatic

Valheita
gataka
Valheita
Why? >.>
You should switch out rings more often D:

In fact, I want everyone to do so!

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
gataka
Valheita
gataka
Valheita
Why? >.>
You should switch out rings more often D:

In fact, I want everyone to do so!
I tend to stick with one build more often than not.

Familiar Lunatic

Valheita
I tend to stick with one build more often than not.
And I've been wondering if the game should encourage this or take advantage of it's super flexible skill system >.>
Very nice guide! Concise and clear - I really hope those new to zOMG will read this! I use a build pretty much exactly what you recommend, and it works wonderfully. I do have one question though: What do you recommend for constant armor? I'm currently using Pot Lid, but would Rock be better? Or something else, perhaps? I also carry Improb Sphere, if that affects anything. Is there any mathematical data on damage prevented by the various rings that you could share? How about how long each buff lasts for? Because of course, having to re-apply a buff less often means I can R4 my healing and attack rings more often. ;3nod:

I've looked through the other guides, but I don't remember seeing info on mathematical data and buff time duration. If it is posted elsewhere though and I missed it, I apologize! Once again, this is a terrific guide. Thanks so much for making it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff