Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saxy Coder

Infinite Secrets
NF got unreset though >< ehmm yeah, I think I just need more practice and patient crew members :3
NF takes some practice, but the key thing is to spam those heals!
Even if you're not dying, try to r4 bandage yourself as much as possible (as well as Diagnosing and Wishing your crew mates a bit).
More heals = more aggro emotion_dowant (and keep toggling and healing while crew is attacking NF)
I think the magic number is something like 12 r4 bandages before crew starts attacking to perfectly hold the NF and let the crew r4 attacks.
Sounds like a lot, but if you can get three monsters attacking you for a few minutes in the beginning of the room while your crew kills other things, it's pretty easy to get enough rage to r4 bandy that much.

But I'm an old-style lazy aggro who doesn't let her crew r4

Vicious Prophet

Infinite Secrets
Pan Twardowski

Thanks for the tips! I tried tanking for the second time today with Xenxia and Leafsy and it seemed to go pretty well. NF got unreset though >< ehmm yeah, I think I just need more practice and patient crew members :3

No problem! I'm glad you had a good experience.

Night Frights can be a pain in the a** when you first start, but it gets easier.

Genius

Pan Twardowski

Thanks for the tips! I tried tanking for the second time today with Xenxia and Leafsy and it seemed to go pretty well. NF got unreset though >< ehmm yeah, I think I just need more practice and patient crew members :3

Vicious Prophet

Here's a ringset I would recommend to a newbie:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you don't have Integrity, no worries! Fortune's Favor works. You can use any buff, but most people use Iron Will. I don't suggest using a non-raging buff because you don't need to worry about rage.

I like Shuriken because it has high dps, but Hot Foot or Solar Rays works as well.

Before you enter a room, I recommend R4ing Bandage. Run up to the closest monster and attack it, and then run around the room to gain the rage of the other monsters. R4 Bandage, R1 Diagnose, because Bandage has higher healing per second. Stay in a corner and keep healing. If you have the stamina, you can attack.

If your crew members get attacked, use Wish to heal them and to gain aggro back. Make sure that buffs are always up, especially Rock Armor, Iron Will, and Divinity. I cannot stress enough how important they are.

Most of all, practice! Practice makes perfect. Once you've done it long enough, you can experiment with other ring sets. For example, for a long time I used this one:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's a lot like driving- There's a lot of stuff to focus on, but eventually it becomes second nature.

Rogue

Pff no bu, get a dpser to give you tips. Pointers and a challenge for aggro? can't go wrong 8D

Rogue

Infinite Secrets
Leasfy
I read that! So I know how to tank a little, but I think it'll help if I get tips while I tank

Xenxia
I finished with my run, so if you want to try now, we can~
Sure. I can come as well even tho I am a bit laggy Dx

Genius

Leasfy
I read that! So I know how to tank a little, but I think it'll help if I get tips while I tank

Xenxia
I finished with my run, so if you want to try now, we can~

Rogue

My normal ring set as a tanker would be:
band || diag || meat || wish || fitness || buff || HB || Taunt

I am in LOVE with my HB. I can lure monsters from my current spot or without moving too much because it has a long distance attack. You can bring something else beside taunt. I bring it because r3-4 taunt FTW!!

How to tank YM

1. Attack any monster closest to you. Preferably wolf as vamps (whether its female or male) will tag along to attack you once wolf attacks you
  2. R4 bandy and R2/R3 diagnose
  3. Go find a corner
  4. R4 diagnose and call your dpsers to come in
  5. Keep healing yourself!
  6. Reposition yourself if you need to! for the convenience of your DPSers.

Please note that:

• Corner is your best friend! Always stand in corner so your DPSers have enough space to attack the monsters
  • Don't stand beside or in line with your DPSers. You are "forever alone" or a "shunned" one in your crew xD
  • Buffs last for 15 mins. It is recommended to rebuff every 2nd - 3rd room. Keep reminding them to rebuff.
  • Notify your DPSers to bring either Fitness or Integrity. If they ask you why, tell them it is to generate faster stamina which will benefit the crew itself
  • You lose your aggro? Don't panic! All you need to do is heal/blow your DPSers real good. Go close to them, R4 wish then R2 - 3 Diagnose will do the dirty job before you go back to your corner

what do you do when you encounter NF/BD? Don't panic! Just follow these steps!

1. remember where it was
  2. attack it at first instance
  3. keep healing your self while running from one corner to another to reset it. Remember, corner is your best friend!
  4. keep healing yourself as the rest of monsters should be attacking you by now
  5. tell your DPSers to come in
  6. let your DPSers know that they can kill vamps and wolfs
  7. ask them to clear all the monsters leaving NF/BD as last while you swap rings around for and heal yourself

If you lose aggro when your crew members attack BD, don't panic! do the following thing!

1. ask them to g on bd
  2. go g on bd as well
  3. click the person in your crew panel with lowest health
  4. spam r1 - 2 diag and r3 - 4 wish on that person
  5. occasionally heal yourself with bandy

ok I am lazy to copy paste everything. Feel free to read my guide here

Wheezing Fatcat

Infinite Secrets
Xenxia
Infinite Secrets
Xenxia
I guess I can help you a little :3 but do you have all the rings required for tanking?
Yes :3

Wanna try it out now? In Buzz btw
I'm actually in a crew right now, but I think we're almost done

Okay then <3

Genius

Xenxia
Infinite Secrets
Xenxia
I guess I can help you a little :3 but do you have all the rings required for tanking?

I'm actually in a crew right now, but I think we're almost done

Wheezing Fatcat

Infinite Secrets
Xenxia

Genius

Xenxia

Wheezing Fatcat

Genius

I want to start tanking in YM and I have the general gist of it. I just want someone to bu me and give tips while I tank so I can get better ><

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff