Welcome to Gaia! ::

If I don't get to be a beta tester you will see Redimus cry.

I know, Redimus, I know. 1 100.0% [ 35 ]
Total Votes:[ 35 ]
1 2 >

Redimus might be an amoral, narcissistic, megalomaniac, but he tries to be the most honest and honorable amoral narcissistic megalomaniac you will ever meet.

So naturally beta testing for me is purely the chance to finally "be there first" since in all my (has it been decades now? Lets see I think I got the NES when I was... 7... 8? .... Well almost) YEARS of gaming I have never been a part of a successful gaming project, or beta tested nearly anything. (always had to be a builder or "idea man" ) However with a test group as large as Q is making it out to be I'm concerned about the lack of discretion other less idealistic players might be guilty of.

Not the least of which problems could arise would be the merciless market swindling as otherwise easily obtainable rings are sold for millions to unsuspecting gaming hopefuls who will be sorely disappointed once they start playing.

So I'm curious about the counter measures they're putting into place, or considering putting into place.

Also I'm curious about the general audience's thoughts on the whole thing.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
The pros of a large test group include being able to see what happens when the server is under strain.

Yes, stuff could get leaked.

BUT!
If there is something they really don't want leaked they could always black/blur it out.
That way screens would be useless.
Chokin
The pros of a large test group include being able to see what happens when the server is under strain.

BUT!
If there is something they really don't want leaked they could always black/blur it out.

Can they prevent trading rings and other battle goods over the market place till the games full launch?

Could they prevent thorough and precise player accounts about in game play?

and naturally part of being a beta tester is looking for bugs and glitches. With a large test group you can EXPECT such findings to be thoroughly abused by more enterprising players.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Redimus
Chokin

BUT!

Can they prevent trading rings and other battle goods over the market place till the games full launch?

and naturally part of being a beta tester is looking for bugs and glitches. With a large test group you can EXPECT such findings to be thoroughly abused by more enterprising players.

They can easily make items untradable.

They can allow only accounts with special permissions (perhaps a 'beta tester' group like the moderator groups only invisible to other users and with no mod powers).

Gaia can also request that no information be discussed on public forums.
And state that doing so will result in removable from the beta testers group.
you know a simple sining of a binding contract can easily solve that
there is nothing a signature in a piece of paper cant do all you need is the right one
Chokin
Redimus
Chokin

BUT!

If they can easily make some items untrade-able why do they still get leaked occasionally?

and they can make all the rules they want, mule accounts and IP proxies guarantee no internets are truly police-able.
RAFAKUN MORRY
you know a simple sining of a binding contract can easily solve that
there is nothing a signature in a piece of paper cant do all you need is the right one

Why does it seem like you never have anything to contribute to any of the threads I ever see you in?
Chokin
Redimus
Chokin

BUT!

They can easily make items untradable.

They can allow only accounts with special permissions (perhaps a 'beta tester' group like the moderator groups only invisible to other users and with no mod powers).

or they just have a special forum for all beta testers and make it so normal gaians cant see a beta testers posts but over beta testers can 3nodding

Distinct Warlord

Redimus
RAFAKUN MORRY
you know a simple sining of a binding contract can easily solve that there is nothing a signature in a piece of paper cant do all you need is the right one

Why does it seem like you never have anything to contribute to any of the threads I ever see you in?

But He DOES has a point. You're worry to know things that are always specified in one contract. When you're a Beta Tester, you've to keep within the rules of that contract. Anyway, that kind of thing are only concern of the creators, because they may have things that normal users shouldn't know.

This topic should be a PM to Qixter, in my opinion.
RAFAKUN MORRY
you know a simple sining of a binding contract can easily solve that there is nothing a signature in a piece of paper cant do all you need is the right one

A) Internet signatures aren't worth the pixels they're comprised of.

B) Screenshots, when properly doctored to remove names, can't be traced and/or pinned on anyone.

C) I think the only solution is to not show the beta testers anything the Devs don't want leaked. Have them only fight a few monsters with a couple of Rings in a bare handful of locales.
Ungoliath
Redimus
RAFAKUN MORRY

But He DOES has a point. You're worry to know things that are always specified in one contract. When you're a Beta Tester, you've to keep within the rules of that contract. Anyway, that kind of thing are only concern of the creators, because they may have things that normal users shouldn't know.

This topic should be a PM to Qixter, in my opinion.

Signing a piece of paper telling you not to abuse your status as a beta tester is not serious business.
The Right Honorable MG
I think the only solution is to not show the beta testers anything the Devs don't want leaked. Have them only fight a few monsters with a couple of Rings in a bare handful of locales.

Not having full access to look for potential problems negates the entire point of beta testing.
Redimus
The Right Honorable MG
I think the only solution is to not show the beta testers anything the Devs don't want leaked. Have them only fight a few monsters with a couple of Rings in a bare handful of locales.

Not having full access to look for potential problems negates the entire point of beta testing.

Not quite the entire point, they can still check the scripts for movement and fighting, as well as server strain.
The game testers should know better in the first place, but I guess stuff could get leaked, and perhaps, altered. Perhaps one way to remedy that situation, is to make it so there's utmost, top-notch, security in the marketplace. That way, if any unusual item relevant to the MMO, is floating by, the security could fetch the item, track where it came from, and find their culprit.
that's a great idea xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces