Leasfy
The zothaq
Leasfy
if that happen i will be like 'o A o' and emotion_donotwant
i spent 6m on mine emo

lololololololololol
waste of gold
I dont see it as a waste of gold o A o

i just spent 6.5 mil on the ring last week.
instantly after i realized valentines day is around the corner. then lol'd it would be my luck if they brought it back.

Rogue

uSuk Plz Stay
Leasfy
The zothaq
Leasfy
i spent 6m on mine emo

lololololololololol
waste of gold

instantly after i realized valentines day is around the corner. then lol'd it would be my luck if they brought it back.

dont worry they wont :V
and welcome to kissing club :V

Aged Browser

19,225 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Threadmaster 200
Leasfy
uSuk Plz Stay
Leasfy
The zothaq
Leasfy
i spent 6m on mine emo

lololololololololol
waste of gold

dont worry they wont :V
and welcome to kissing club :V

yay am proud

Smoker

If is yes then I'll buy gaia cash worth of $100. smile

Angelic Elder

19,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
I don't think they will. It was said after initial release, that it won't be re-released! And the event was in '10 smile

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Erynne
Most likely not. They won't even hold anything special for zOMG for V-day and even Easter.

Technically, they don't have to hold any kind of special zOMG! player-run event or (heaven forbid) allow a valentine's day update to re-release a ring for sale in the cash shop. All they have to do is put it up in the shop and send out an announcement about it.

But pedantry aside, you're probably right.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
If Gaia wants more money, and they've made it clear that's really all they want, then re-releasing the ring would be the way to go.

Leixandria's Husband

Malevolent Lunatic

12,825 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
i hope not.. would be bad to all who made an effort to get it before

Perfect Saint

Agent Sawbones
Erynne
Most likely not. They won't even hold anything special for zOMG for V-day and even Easter.

Technically, they don't have to hold any kind of special zOMG! player-run event or (heaven forbid) allow a valentine's day update to re-release a ring for sale in the cash shop. All they have to do is put it up in the shop and send out an announcement about it.

Similarly, I don't think they'll be willing to put up with the shitstorm this slippery slope scenario will summon.

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Silk Kanishk
If Gaia wants more money, and they've made it clear that's really all they want, then re-releasing the ring would be the way to go.

I'm not a business major myself, but you don't really have to be to see what's wrong with the implication you're making, and why such a horribly wrong implication doesn't mean Gaia's going to re-release SH.

The way you've put it basically screams "GAIA'S BEING GREEDY", and while it could be proven that they're being stingy, it can't actually be said they're being greedy, as such. They need to put the least amount of resources possible into the projects they think would get them back the best possible profits, because a lot of the profits they take in go to keeping everything functioning after paychecks are logged.

Say, for sake of example, that you're a farmer. You're trying to think of the most profitable use for your cows, and it comes to a choice between milking your cows to sell the milk or training your cows to perform tricks so you can travel the country as an act. By far the most entertaining and interesting option is training the cows and becoming a circus act, but training the cows to do tricks would take tremendous amounts of time, money, and effort that you aren't even sure your traveling act will be able to re-compensate.

At some point, if you decide to commence with the cow training, it might become clear the life of a cow-circus ringmaster isn't all it's cracked up to be. It certainly isn't the most cost-efficient option from the outset, but surely, you thought, it would reap you the most filthy lucre. Turns out you'll have to pay for advertising your bovine romp wherever you go. Scads of money will also go towards renting out space with which to host your traveling act, as well as the costs involved in keeping the cows fed, housed, and free of horrific diseases. Eventually, you might even have to sell a few of them to butchers, tanneries, and farmers who want them for their milk, shrinking the size of your lineup and thus your odds of making up the costs of the circus. To try to make up for it, you decide to waste even more money by temporarily buying back certain fan-favorite cows every so often.

Eventually, it might just dawn on you that the only reason why you're even keeping the way-too-expensive-but-widely-beloved cow circus running is because you're too proud of yourself and your remaining cows to stop throwing money at your financial problems. You're now keenly aware that you've long since been throwing good money after bad, and the full implications of that won't hit you until you're a washed up has-been nobody remembers, panhandling in some far-flung town for booze money while fighting off a slow death by starvation and tapeworm infections.

What does that have to do with Gaia, zOMG!, and Sweetheart? Well, clearly, Gaia is now a washed up tapeworm-infested has-been five times over as of Heralds of Chaos because of their bloody facebook games and the emphasis they put on them until abandoning them for new ones, and they've probably started to wise up considering the cost of their circus -- I mean, site. Which is why they probably will not re-release Sweetheart.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Myrielle
Agent Sawbones
Erynne

Similarly, I don't think they'll be willing to put up with the shitstorm this slippery slope scenario will summon.

Your alliteration. emotion_kirakira

I agree, there's no way they'd even consider a re-release.

Relentless Glitch

If they do break that 'implied' promise never to re-release SH, they probably sell it during the next Black Friday sale for...wait for it...$50!

I can hear the baaaw all the way from 9 months from now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff