Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,500 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Dang it's been like months now. You guys need to hurry up and make it you take to long on pretty much everything. Plus quit worrying about other stuff and make it already.
Electric Guitar Angel
Dang it's been like months now. You guys need to hurry up and make it you take to long on pretty much everything. Plus quit worrying about other stuff and make it already.
i know man, forever...
i hope it comes soon
suzukininja4
i hope it comes soon
agreed
Electric Guitar Angel

You are aware that Gaia has a seperate team specificaly for making the MMO, right?
Maser Shakesula
Electric Guitar Angel

You are aware that Gaia has a seperate team specificaly for making the MMO, right?
O wow, that's ridiculous then. It should be done faster.
mizuki hakumei
Maser Shakesula
Electric Guitar Angel

I take it you don't know anything about programming, or the massive amount of time it takes to program games correctly.
Maser Shakesula
mizuki hakumei
Maser Shakesula
Electric Guitar Angel

I take it you don't know anything about programming, or the massive amount of time it takes to program games correctly.
Actually, no. I am a computer programmer and have programmed several games myself. The MMO engine should not be that hard since it can use the framework on gaia already. Also unlike me, a casual programmer, they are being paid for this so the job should not take as long. If i did it, it would probably take 2 years, but it should not take them more than a year at most. Also it would be understandable for the delay if the site admins were working on it because they have to maintain the site as well. SO BEFORE YOU GO INSULTING SOMEONE'S INTELLIGENCE, SHUT UP

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
mizuki hakumei
Maser Shakesula
mizuki hakumei
Maser Shakesula
Electric Guitar Angel

Actually, no. I am a computer programmer and have programmed several games myself. The MMO engine should not be that hard since it can use the framework on gaia already. Also unlike me, a casual programmer, they are being paid for this so the job should not take as long. If i did it, it would probably take 2 years, but it should not take them more than a year at most. Also it would be understandable for the delay if the site admins were working on it because they have to maintain the site as well. SO BEFORE YOU GO INSULTING SOMEONE'S INTELLIGENCE, SHUT UP

They're making it from the ground up and not using any other systems and making everything as they go along. This is alot more extensive than some other simple cut and paste generic korean MMO. Besides, the team has only been producing it for a little more than a year and have been understaffed till recently.
GenTrigger
mizuki hakumei
Maser Shakesula
mizuki hakumei
Maser Shakesula
Electric Guitar Angel

They're making it from the ground up and not using any other systems and making everything as they go along. This is alot more extensive than some other simple cut and paste generic korean MMO. Besides, the team has only been producing it for a little more than a year and have been understaffed till recently.
I see, what i thought they were doing was basing the engine of gaia so that the avatar would be based on your gaia account and everything would be based on your already existing gaia account. That would make life much easier. Also as for understaffing that's unfortunate and does cause delays. I wasn't talking about however reusing other online mmorpg. I do hope however that they make it browser based like dofus or OS independent.
Hey man dont complain just enjoy gaia and play some other mmo till it comes out.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
mizuki hakumei
GenTrigger
mizuki hakumei
Maser Shakesula
mizuki hakumei

I see, what i thought they were doing was basing the engine of gaia so that the avatar would be based on your gaia account and everything would be based on your already existing gaia account. That would make life much easier. Also as for understaffing that's unfortunate and does cause delays. I wasn't talking about however reusing other online mmorpg. I do hope however that they make it browser based like dofus or OS independent.

They are making it based off our avatar sprites though there is alot more being put into it than you think. I'm awfully sure that weaving everything to mix with the site is a b***h in itself (Gaia is known for being a bit glitchy with features at times) Also there is tons of thought being put into this and they are being VERY careful to make it right because Gaia is a HUGE community who is expecting something great.

Eloquent Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
The MMO is going to be Flash/Java based, so it will be available for all OS versions. (Flash client side, Java server side... unless they've changed that recently...) And yes, they started from SCRATCH.
They recently just changed a bunch of stuff involving the actual fighting system, to prevent problems later on. We should find out about that when they open the Game's information page. (They made a website.)

You use your Gaia account and Avatar.
It's just another game, like fishing or cards, only much MUCH more involved.
Chokin is right someguys have asked will the game be based RPG i telled them hope no and i think it will be java based flash game(i hope all that time just imagine a based web game!!!!lol omg)soooo im rly boored xD im saving money cuz it may be combat shop 0_0i would like that and thx
If you want to play the MMO now then go download some generic Japanese Kung-Fu s**t..
-Probably the smartest dude on the MMO forum

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces