Welcome to Gaia! ::

iPervertedxCupcake
To be nice. You can't neglect the 10.0s.

i never said i was a nice person.
shinju kumagai
So my question is...

Why aren't there more crews?

There's a difference between there being no crews and you not being crewed.

There are crews, you're probably just on at funny times and stuck on dead layers/servers.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
live forever then say that to me

unfortunately not all of us have nine lives to spare and are immortal.
get it, nine lives... cause you're a cat...
i should sell off 8 of those lives since i'm immortal and all

i'm sure they'll sell for a fetching price, after all, who wouldn't want a piece of that.
let's haggle

1 dollar per life.
ill send over the trade right now.
8 dollars for all your lives, deal?
that could get me quite a few double deckers at taco bell...
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

i'm sure they'll sell for a fetching price, after all, who wouldn't want a piece of that.
let's haggle

1 dollar per life.

and that will get you quite a case of diarrhea after...

Enigmatic Healer

27,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
Well... finding people to dms with has become tiresome n_n
Mummymaster

To be honest, I quite like the variety random crewing gives me; I don't think I could stand the routine of DMSing with the same five people time after time.

I just get tired of trying to find people to DMS with who aren't newbs.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

let's haggle

1 dollar per life.

never in my life has that happened from taco bell

Vicious Cutie-Pie

14,800 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
happyprincesslol
iPervertedxCupcake

Then try to be nice. How were people treating you when you were a 10.0?

Rainbow Nerd

happyprincesslol
Gemenice

I'd seriously love to see the 'poor' tank you're talking about.Since usually, I don't have the luck of meeting those.

I think it is selfish - because even a DPSer can help with manipulating aggro - but I'm not going to talk about THAT, because once again, you would pull out the noob card.

It's selfish because why do you think a person not having meat can't have other buffs leveled up? And do you usually ask "Do you have meat? No? Never mind, do you have any other buffs leveled up?" Somehow I doubt that.

If you're so concerned about lower levels, take tape. It would save them up, and I'm sure you can find a space in your ringset for it. (for example make one person take shuriken instead of knife, and wow, space there,since it's both attack and has the knifing ability on higher ranks). Hell or even SH. One SH for whole crew and no one needs meat.

Personally, I'd love to let you experience first few days of DMS. Perhaps your view would have changed.

How are those bad questions to ask? Do you have meat? No. Well, what buffs do you have? None? Oh wow, kicked.

Please read my previous post again, SLOWLY, since you probably need it. I never said those are the BAD questions to ask. I said I highly doubt you're asking "what buffs do you have' after they tell you they don't have meat.

Quote:
And I'd seriously love to see those proper tanks you're talking about. Sadly not all of us may be as lucky as you to BE ABLE TO TANK YOURSELF and to not have to deal with settling for a meh tank. No one ever wants to tank and so most crews will end up settling for a decent tank rather than wait around for a good one which is why it's a good idea for CL10s to have meat just in case; this is a problem you probably never experienced considering that you can tank so in crews you probably volunteer to be the tank or if someone else straight out volunteers they're probably good as well as opposed to other crews who've had to settle.

LOL. I never said I was the tank.

Another question. Are you 11.3? Hell, if you are you SHOULD be able to tank. It's not hard, once you TRY it and actually try to TEACH yourself, because come on. You'll need it one time or the other, unless you want to stay DPSer forever. Which, yeah, they are important... but then again, they are not THAT hard to find. I Never ONCE talked about you as tanker in my previous post. No idea where you picked it up. perhaps from the 'tape taking'' ? Now ,if THAT was the thing pointing to you being a tank, that would be pretty stupid. It's not written that only a tank has to take tape if they decide tape is needed.

Quote:
I was saying as a general statement that CL10's should HAVE MEAT LEVELED UP CL10 before DMSing. Whether or not they chose to have it as part of their ring set is their choice after they've tried it out

So if they decide never to use it, because seriously, you don't need it that much in SS either, it's important for them to have it leveled up more than... I don't know... bandage. Or any other buff, Or hack, is what you're saying? Maybe they just swapped it out.

Quote:
, but in a crew where the tank may be new or they may not know not to stand by the tank or wait to enter a room having meat is a great safety net and it's not wrong to ask them to have it.

Great safety net is having a crew, that, seeing a person is 10.0 asks "Sorry, where you in DMS before? No? it's cool, here are few basic hints you might like". because you can just TELL them where to stand, or wait.

Quote:

Yes, because everyone was here when SH was introduced or has 2mil to blow on it.

I mentioned tape also, but you probably missed that point. Both work beautifully if you know how to use them.

Quote:

Why is it that people think they're better because they were here when DMS was first started?Yeah, we should just let CL10s enter DMS without a tank for nostalgia reasons, that'd be a laugh, it'd teach 'em lessons.

Now, I love the negative stance you got there. Yes, it would teach them a lesson. No, it wouldn't be a laugh. Why would I love for EVERYONE starting DMS to see how it was at first? Because people weren't used to tankers. They had to work together , they had to learn how to work with cat and tape, they had to learn to heal, and they had to learn where they can stand and cannot. There wasn't bitching about how they had meat or didn't, there were only questions about how to make it work better, whether we need more healing. Whether we can stand here or rather move there, whether luring is a better idea. You actually had to know something. Nowdays? You have a tank, and that's all. And people over 11.0 actually carry meat and bandage even if they have a tank. Does that mess up their DPS? YES. Are they still doing it? Yeah, no idea why though. And it's not about "I need more health in case tanker is bad'. No. 1400 HP is more than enough to keep you alive until you get more points. If you don't trust the tanker take one - meat OR bandage. Not both. But they go in and just r4 meat. LIke.. really.

Quote:
Yeah, CL10s who haven't bothered to gather all their buffs will totally want to waste time dying in DMS. Plus, DMS along with other areas (SS) that require roles/a proper ring set has been around for a while, I see no reason why people should have to make exceptions for people with lacking rings and those who don't think meat is important because if they followed quests to some extent or the gold they would've ended up in GB where buffs/meat is needed.

Those are no exceptions. Those are WANTING TO PLAY no matter who with. See that's the problem. if you're at least a tiny bit good, you can help the others to hell, get he meat. Level up. But you don't have to b***h because of it and send them to PS or SS. They can do t hat in DMS too, through communication.

And actually. sEB was one of the places that needed ringset. Nowdays, the sets in SS are pretty much manipulated in any way you want them. In last half a year I saw many sets in SS and no one yelled at them 'the set is not appropriate, go change it'. you know what category of rings you SHOULD have, but it's your choice whether you take fire rain, hot foot, water balloon for your SS run depending on how much you lag.

All I'm saying is, that is ALL just a view point.

Enigmatic Healer

27,425 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
happyprincesslol
Mummymaster

To be honest, I quite like the variety random crewing gives me; I don't think I could stand the routine of DMSing with the same five people time after time.

I just get tired of trying to find people to DMS with who aren't newbs.
I know it needs patience.... but they will get better.... as you and i did n_n

Hygienic Gawker

Curiousity is one of the big motivators, most likely. I don't know why people are helping those who aren't ready yet to get to 10.1 though. Trolls, maybe?

Quotable Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
Okay I just got invited to a crew where there was a CL 6.5 and CL 10.0 and the CL 10.0 said she had tank rings but didn't know how to use them.....

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO USE RINGS!!!!?!?!?
iPervertedxCupcake
happyprincesslol
iPervertedxCupcake

Then try to be nice. How were people treating you when you were a 10.0?

Like any other person because I didn't show up outside the gate with aoes and no buffs.
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
let's haggle

1 dollar per life.

funny cause garbage like taco bell often has that affect on people.
you must be one special cat.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
let's haggle

1 dollar per life.

funny cause garbage like taco bell often has that affect on people.
you must be one special cat.
i think your digestive system just sucks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas