Welcome to Gaia! ::

curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
no my mom dying in 9/11 was

guess you're not very good at scaring people off then.
condolences on your mother tho
do you make jokes at funerals too

haven't yet, i'm saving all my jokes for your funeral.
plot twist: i'm immortal

fun fact: you don't have to die in order to have a funeral.
i could always bury you alive and crack jokes at your funeral while you asphyxiate.
that's a morbid thought, i'm gunna segue...

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
no my mom dying in 9/11 was

guess you're not very good at scaring people off then.
condolences on your mother tho

i could always bury you alive and crack jokes at your funeral while you asphyxiate.
how do i manage to asphyxiate if i'm immortal
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

just because you're immortal doesn't mean you don't breathe

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

but i can't die
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

but i can't die

just because you're immortal doesn't mean you can't feel pain.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

but i can't die

forever > one moment
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

but i can't die

forever > one moment

User Image
just casually slipping a very relevant doctor who reference in...

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

but i can't die

forever > one moment

User Image
live forever then say that to me

Rainbow Nerd

happyprincesslol

My main point is that if tanks lose aggro they may be too busy dying to wish the crew. Normally, not a problem but if the crew's all CL10 yeah, like I said the wolves hit hard.

Seriously, I don't know where you're getting those "real" tanks but send one over sometime; maybe you're all too busy crewing with friends to help random crews.

Not everyone tanks like you do and I think that every person should have a CL10 meat before DMSing if they're new because they never know what type of tank they'll get (probably a "pretend" tank) and just having it will help them not die in case the tank isn't the best.

I pretty much crew randoms all the time, actually. Or get crewed by randoms, and end up being tanker.

And pretty much most tankers I know are great. No idea who you're crewing with. But still, I don't believe meat IS necessary.

And that's kind of selfish, forcing everyone to believe it is, for CL 10.0s and not taking them if they don't have it.

Benevolent Codger

happyprincesslol
But of all the MMOs to start out on, zOMG, really...

You may not realise, but zOMG! was specifically designed as a casual, 'starter' MMO. Of all the MMOs to start out on, zOMG! should be a relatively good option. Sure, DMS undermines that left, right, and center, but that's partially just because the area's rubbish in general. redface
Quote:
twiggimmapiggus
That's what you're supposed to do before doing end-game raids right? You're supposed to do the research for your class before entering? That way you're not the burden on the group?
^ that. newbs should do their own research on their own time if they want to properly play something harder within a game. like, there is no excuse like "theyre new to the game" because even if youre new to a game it's common sense to google stuff...

Given the choice between boring 'required reading' and just playing the game, which do you honestly expect any given player to choose? It's not exactly fair to blame the player if the game is expecting them to do something that they have no real reason to want to do in the first place. sweatdrop

Reading guides isn't fun, and it requires time and 'brainspace' that the player really isn't getting anything in exchange for - as a casual game, expecting players to read guides beforehand really doesn't make a lot of sense. It's the game's job to minimise the number of 'rules' for the player to learn before they can play, and to help them learn those rules and strategies through the gameplay itself - zOMG! simply does an abysmal job of accomplishing this. Compound with this the fact that DMS is only nominally part of zOMG! to begin with (the area is remarkably non-casual, and major requirements like crew roles are nonexistent elsewhere in the game), and the fact that established DMSers run into problems with new, potential DMSers is pretty much built right into the game. I find it hard to blame players for doing what comes naturally; the real problem (among many) is that the game simply isn't designed with that in mind...
Gemenice
happyprincesslol

My main point is that if tanks lose aggro they may be too busy dying to wish the crew. Normally, not a problem but if the crew's all CL10 yeah, like I said the wolves hit hard.

Seriously, I don't know where you're getting those "real" tanks but send one over sometime; maybe you're all too busy crewing with friends to help random crews.

Not everyone tanks like you do and I think that every person should have a CL10 meat before DMSing if they're new because they never know what type of tank they'll get (probably a "pretend" tank) and just having it will help them not die in case the tank isn't the best.

I pretty much crew randoms all the time, actually. Or get crewed by randoms, and end up being tanker.

And pretty much most tankers I know are great. No idea who you're crewing with. But still, I don't believe meat IS necessary.

And that's kind of selfish, forcing everyone to believe it is, for CL 10.0s and not taking them if they don't have it.

How is it selfish? It's common sense to tell lower levels to have meat Cl10 because they're prone to getting hit harder in DMS and unfortunately not all of them will end up with an experienced tank and meat is a good safety net to have and one of the first rings to level up if they're planning to DMS.

Obviously if they're missing meat in general (because they think they don't "need" it) they probably haven't bothered to level up any other buffs (just a general statement because if a person has a reasonable ring set aside from meat they will be crewed). And obviously it's different to a CL10 who knows the tank/tank is confident and chooses not to bring it and one that goes off the idea that meat isn't needed at all.

Perhaps I'm biased because I don't trust random tanks but in general if you're lower leveled and don't know the tank why NOT bring meat? What's wrong with telling lower CLs to level meat up first and to bring it (say the tank isn't the best)? I'm restating myself here, meat is a good safety net and unfortunately if experienced DMSers have to put up with newbs during a slow day then they have to put up with poor tanks and if a tank asks for meat they should bring it in order to help them out and if they haven't got it it's not wrong to kick them in order to find a person who's got more rings.
Red Kutai
happyprincesslol
But of all the MMOs to start out on, zOMG, really...

You may not realise, but zOMG! was specifically designed as a casual, 'starter' MMO. Of all the MMOs to start out on, zOMG! should be a relatively good option. Sure, DMS undermines that left, right, and center, but that's partially just because the area's rubbish in general. redface
Quote:
twiggimmapiggus
That's what you're supposed to do before doing end-game raids right? You're supposed to do the research for your class before entering? That way you're not the burden on the group?
^ that. newbs should do their own research on their own time if they want to properly play something harder within a game. like, there is no excuse like "theyre new to the game" because even if youre new to a game it's common sense to google stuff...

Given the choice between boring 'required reading' and just playing the game, which do you honestly expect any given player to choose? It's not exactly fair to blame the player if the game is expecting them to do something that they have no real reason to want to do in the first place. sweatdrop

Reading guides isn't fun, and it requires time and 'brainspace' that the player really isn't getting anything in exchange for - as a casual game, expecting players to read guides beforehand really doesn't make a lot of sense. It's the game's job to minimise the number of 'rules' for the player to learn before they can play, and to help them learn those rules and strategies through the gameplay itself - zOMG! simply does an abysmal job of accomplishing this. Compound with this the fact that DMS is only nominally part of zOMG! to begin with (the area is remarkably non-casual, and major requirements like crew roles are nonexistent elsewhere in the game), and the fact that established DMSers run into problems with new, potential DMSers is pretty much built right into the game. I find it hard to blame players for doing what comes naturally; the real problem (among many) is that the game simply isn't designed with that in mind...

I'm not saying read a guide to do VG, or even bother reading the entire guide someone's built but DMS IS a harder area where certain rings/roles are needed and if they're not being crewed because of their ring set it isn't that hard for them to just Google what the basic rings are.

Plus there are other areas on zOMG that DON'T require any form of rules, or very little ones that are fun and I'm just saying that if newbs want to properly DMS the least they can do is a quick Google search on what the basic rings are instead of screaming ME ME ME outside of the gate and getting pissed that they aren't being crewed.
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
but i can't die

forever > one moment

User Image

unfortunately not all of us have nine lives to spare and are immortal.
get it, nine lives... cause you're a cat...

Benevolent Codger

happyprincesslol
Plus there are other areas on zOMG that DON'T require any form of rules, or very little ones that are fun and I'm just saying that if newbs want to properly DMS the least they can do is a quick Google search on what the basic rings are instead of screaming ME ME ME outside of the gate and getting pissed that they aren't being crewed.

My point was actually just that; there are ~10 different areas in zOMG! which require little-to-nothing in terms of rules before DMS breaks that pattern without warning. It's not really the players' fault that the game suddenly expects them to do something it's taught them isn't necessary, so while I think the root of your complaint is perfectly legitimate, I simply think it resolves more to the poor design of the area than anything the players themselves are doing wrong. Sure, they could look up what they need to do, but when the rest of the game's taught them not to bother, why would they? sweatdrop

EDIT: And to be clear, their complaints are valid too - they're not doing anything wrong, based on what the game has taught them up to that point. Everyone's justified in being upset at the situation, so blaming each other is rather senseless; the problem lies with the game, and there's really nothing that either party can do to legitimately address that...

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
but i can't die

forever > one moment

User Image

unfortunately not all of us have nine lives to spare and are immortal.
get it, nine lives... cause you're a cat...
i should sell off 8 of those lives since i'm immortal and all

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces