Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Nerd

happyprincesslol

Yes, but unfortunately some tanks aren't quite as good at keeping aggro as you may be and it isn't good form to teach newbs to place all their trust in tanks. When I said put attention to healing I meant when the tank loses aggro it's part of their job to heal the crew not let them die and that can be quite hard to do when theyre dying and a CL11 is attacking a CL10 with no meat.

Meat healing can only go so far even as tank and let me restate myself: some tanks aren't as good at healing/keeping aggro as you may be and even with r4 meat the act of keeping themselves alive, let alone the crew, is hard enough.

The MAIN tank job is keeping yourself alive.

When you lose aggro with normal monster, if it's sooner than half of its life you suck. There is no other putting it. However if it's half, you need exactly one r3-r4 wish to keep them alive until they are finished, they don't need any more healing than that.

Manipulating rage using mainly r2-r3, using only r4 on bandage, getting rage from the attacks of the monsters... that all helps you whole lot. And I really hope anyone who's pretending to be a tanker knows that.

You're forgetting that meat healing should be used for holding aggro mainly - hell getting 300 hate points from free air - heck yeah.

If you loose aggro with NF, yeah, you should heal. It's your fault after all unless someone's stupid enough to amp. but even then it's counted with POSSIBLE death.

Solar Kitten

51,350 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Gemenice
whalewatcher
Gemenice
i can't imagine tanking without meat or healing the crew, i would like to see how well that works (i haven't tanked in a while also)

come see some of my runs then. Or my friends. We rarely, if ever use meat - as I said, only NF, and you only really need to heal the crew on the first monster.
ah ok lemme know when you have a run then?

Rainbow Nerd

whalewatcher

At the moment I'm at work, finishing in eight hours, so around that time. I'll send a PM to you.

Solar Kitten

51,350 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Gemenice
whalewatcher

At the moment I'm at work, finishing in eight hours, so around that time. I'll send a PM to you.
oh its 11:40pm here and i have classes in the morning

Rainbow Nerd

whalewatcher

Ah. Cursed timezones >< Through weekend then? I'm afraid I always work the same hours.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
who doesn't like a little bubblegum

your mom that's for sure.
and you'd think that she'd be use to things sticking to her by now.

i am so not sorry for making a your mom joke.
my mom died in 9/11

User Image

thanks for making me feel like a p***k.
and bringing the topic down and making it srs bsns
now i can't say anything else cause i'll feel like ive just kicked a kitten
get it, cause you're a cat...
i'm stopping now.
may you burn in hell

may you someday join me.
it gets awfully lonely in the fiery pits of hell sometimes.
i'm the epitome
of public frenemy

Solar Kitten

51,350 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Gemenice
whalewatcher

Ah. Cursed timezones >< Through weekend then? I'm afraid I always work the same hours.
the weekend could possibly work

Super Noob

15,525 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Athna Loveil
My guess is to fill up the crew.
I noticed that some dms leaders don't realize until after they crew them and that when they're in dms, that the person doesn't have everything.

Based on personal experience as a DMS leader this is p much what happens. Or people lie about what they have. That happens too.
Gemenice
happyprincesslol

Yes, but unfortunately some tanks aren't quite as good at keeping aggro as you may be and it isn't good form to teach newbs to place all their trust in tanks. When I said put attention to healing I meant when the tank loses aggro it's part of their job to heal the crew not let them die and that can be quite hard to do when theyre dying and a CL11 is attacking a CL10 with no meat.

Meat healing can only go so far even as tank and let me restate myself: some tanks aren't as good at healing/keeping aggro as you may be and even with r4 meat the act of keeping themselves alive, let alone the crew, is hard enough.

The MAIN tank job is keeping yourself alive.

When you lose aggro with normal monster, if it's sooner than half of its life you suck. There is no other putting it. However if it's half, you need exactly one r3-r4 wish to keep them alive until they are finished, they don't need any more healing than that.

Manipulating rage using mainly r2-r3, using only r4 on bandage, getting rage from the attacks of the monsters... that all helps you whole lot. And I really hope anyone who's pretending to be a tanker knows that.

You're forgetting that meat healing should be used for holding aggro mainly - hell getting 300 hate points from free air - heck yeah.

If you loose aggro with NF, yeah, you should heal. It's your fault after all unless someone's stupid enough to amp. but even then it's counted with POSSIBLE death.

My main point is that if tanks lose aggro they may be too busy dying to wish the crew. Normally, not a problem but if the crew's all CL10 yeah, like I said the wolves hit hard.

Seriously, I don't know where you're getting those "real" tanks but send one over sometime; maybe you're all too busy crewing with friends to help random crews.

Not everyone tanks like you do and I think that every person should have a CL10 meat before DMSing if they're new because they never know what type of tank they'll get (probably a "pretend" tank) and just having it will help them not die in case the tank isn't the best.
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
my mom died in 9/11

User Image

i'm stopping now.
may you burn in hell

may you someday join me.
i'm the epitome
of public frenemy

was that supposed to scare me off?

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
my mom died in 9/11

User Image

i'm stopping now.
may you burn in hell

may you someday join me.
i'm the epitome
of public frenemy

no my mom dying in 9/11 was
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
may you burn in hell

may you someday join me.
i'm the epitome
of public frenemy

guess you're not very good at scaring people off then.
condolences on your mother tho

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
may you burn in hell

may you someday join me.
i'm the epitome
of public frenemy

do you make jokes at funerals too
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
i'm the epitome
of public frenemy

haven't yet, i'm saving all my jokes for your funeral.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
i'm the epitome
of public frenemy

haven't yet, i'm saving all my jokes for your funeral.
plot twist: i'm immortal

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces