Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gemenice

So if they decide never to use it, because seriously, you don't need it that much in SS either, it's important for them to have it leveled up more than... I don't know... bandage. Or any other buff, Or hack, is what you're saying? Maybe they just swapped it out.

Most people r4 meat just to r4 it and not as a healing method which is why I think meat is more important than bandage because once they've r4d it they have 800+ hp which can keep them alive for a bit when the tank is too busy to heal; while if they bring bandage they're healing themselves and bandage loads slow so that may not be enough and they're generating aggro while doing so.

Quote:

Those are no exceptions. Those are WANTING TO PLAY no matter who with. See that's the problem. if you're at least a tiny bit good, you can help the others to hell, get he meat. Level up. But you don't have to b***h because of it and send them to PS or SS. They can do t hat in DMS too, through communication.

But why bother helping them get a CL9.5 meat that they cant level up with shorbs. Yes, I can help them get more rings but the idea is that if they haven't got enough rings just send them off somewhere that drops rings and orbs like mad so you they can get them leveled up quickly to CL10 where they can then get shorbs that will actually do something.

Quote:
And actually. sEB was one of the places that needed ringset. Nowdays, the sets in SS are pretty much manipulated in any way you want them. In last half a year I saw many sets in SS and no one yelled at them 'the set is not appropriate, go change it'. you know what category of rings you SHOULD have, but it's your choice whether you take fire rain, hot foot, water balloon for your SS run depending on how much you lag.

There's variety in DMS as well, people can take slash, hack, mantis, solar, hot foot, or bump as attacks and that's alright.

And for SS you have even more variety with people taking aoes.

But there are certain attacks that you don't see anyone taking into SS without getting a proper yelling like hornets or diagnose (although some crews allow it, but it really depends on the crew). Just like there may be a variety in DMS ringsets but you certainly don't see anyone taking aoes or diagnose and if newbs don't have a fairly decent ring set and buffs then there's nothing wrong with kicking them back to GB.

And I am quite lenient with meat but it's just a general statement that if a person hasn't got meat then they probably haven't gotten around zOMG enough to DMS and sure, that's not always the case but in general terms... Plus meat is important in higher areas of zOMG and so are buffs and if a person doesn't know that then they're not ready to DMS and there's nothing wrong with kicking a person who hasn't gotten the basics.

to be honest i don't even know why i'm arguing about meat with you considering i don't care about meat. my entire post was about how annoying newbs are when they DMS without the proper rings. i suppose that counts meat...
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
that could get me quite a few double deckers at taco bell...

and that will get you quite a case of diarrhea after...
never in my life has that happened from taco bell

funny cause garbage like taco bell often has that affect on people.
you must be one special cat.
i think your digestive system just sucks

who cares what you think.
i happen to think my digestive system is doing a lovely job.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
that could get me quite a few double deckers at taco bell...

and that will get you quite a case of diarrhea after...

you can't even handle taco bell, you p***y

Rainbow Nerd

happyprincesslol

Most people r4 meat just to r4 it and not as a healing method which is why I think meat is more important than bandage because once they've r4d it they have 800+ hp which can keep them alive for a bit when the tank is too busy to heal; while if they bring bandage they're healing themselves and bandage loads slow so that may not be enough and they're generating aggro while doing so.

Did you seriously just ditch bandage? In favor of meat? No words there. ... seriously, no words.

Quote:

But why bother helping them get a CL9.5 meat that they cant level up with shorbs. Yes, I can help them get more rings but the idea is that if they haven't got enough rings just send them off somewhere that drops rings and orbs like mad so you they can get them leveled up quickly to CL10 where they can then get shorbs that will actually do something.

As far as I know there is higher probability of you getting more rings. usually the ones you already have, which means they could salvage it, and I'm pretty sure from salvaging 9.8 ring you get more orbs than... 20 that you would need to level it up.

Quote:
There's variety in DMS as well, people can take slash, hack, mantis, solar, hot foot, or bump as attacks and that's alright.

And for SS you have even more variety with people taking aoes.

But there are certain attacks that you don't see anyone taking into SS without getting a proper yelling like hornets or diagnose (although some crews allow it, but it really depends on the crew).

Isn't it the same with DMS? People are just bitchy instead of working around it.

Quote:
Just like there may be a variety in DMS ringsets but you certainly don't see anyone taking aoes

Did a run with five fire rains.Was fun, and it actually worked. We had to work a tad more, and it was speed, but there still wasn't much of a problem. Even less so, since people don't use tape nowdays and one aoe, if it's not dervish, can't mess up too much.

Quote:
or diagnose

If it will bring their level high enough, and they won't use it, why not? It's like people having meat or bandage, anyway. At least they can self-rage with it, if needed to.

Quote:
and if newbs don't have a fairly decent ring set and buffs then there's nothing wrong with kicking them back to GB.

And I am quite lenient with meat but it's just a general statement that if a person hasn't got meat then they probably haven't gotten around zOMG enough to DMS and sure, that's not always the case but in general terms... Plus meat is important in higher areas of zOMG and so are buffs and if a person doesn't know that then they're not ready to DMS

Just for example, two of my mules never bothered with meat. They didn't need it, I didn't see the point of having it after a while, and still they have all buffs on CL 10.0 or 11.0.

I know some people who never had meat and/or wish and yet they survived every part of zOMG! Without having to have it. Are you telling me those people aren't ready to DMS?

I disagree then, because I saw some of those people play so much better than some 11.6s out there.

Quote:
and there's nothing wrong with kicking a person who hasn't gotten the basics.

There is nothing wrong with being the one who will explain the basics. It doesn't take even three minutes to do that, trust me, I do it all the time.

Quote:
to be honest i don't even know why i'm arguing about meat with you considering i don't care about meat. my entire post was about how annoying newbs are when they DMS without the proper rings. i suppose that counts meat...

I guess it's because we have different viewpoint. I don't see a point in bitching in forum instead of trying to help those newbs. Giving people a chance sometimes makes wonders and can make awesome players out of them.

On the other hand, just ditching them would make them feel bad and perhaps loose interest. Why do that to anyone?
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

funny choice of words, im pretty sure out of the two of us you're the real p***y here.
cause you're a cat... get it? okay, no...
Gemenice

Did you seriously just ditch bandage? In favor of meat? No words there. ... seriously, no words.

Again, difference of opinion. I stated my reason why in DMS I'd prefer meat over bandage, and I think it's a pretty reasonable reason.

Quote:

As far as I know there is higher probability of you getting more rings. usually the ones you already have, which means they could salvage it, and I'm pretty sure from salvaging 9.8 ring you get more orbs than... 20 that you would need to level it up.

Ring drop rates, at least for me, are quite low in DMS so I still don't think DMS is the place to be to get rings leveled up fast. And last I checkering drops were random, it has nothing to do with what rings you already have. Then again, I could be wrong. Still, you can still salvage lower level repeat rings plus when farming you get massive amounts of orbs anyway.

Quote:

Isn't it the same with DMS? People are just bitchy instead of working around it.

They're not bitchy and there's just nothing to work around. When doing regular DMS only one person should be healing and that's the tank. Healing anyone else aside form yourself is just going to make the tanks job harder, another reason why people don't bring wish in regular.

Side note: some tanks do ask for wish in YM but thats just cause they want a BU, but just taking wish isn't really a thing.

Quote:

Did a run with five fire rains.Was fun, and it actually worked. We had to work a tad more, and it was speed, but there still wasn't much of a problem. Even less so, since people don't use tape nowdays and one aoe, if it's not dervish, can't mess up too much.

I'm only focused on regular DMS.

And what you're doing is testing new methods which requires everyone's approval when some may just want to farm the regular way instead of testing new ways that may or may not be better.

Quote:

If it will bring their level high enough, and they won't use it, why not? It's like people having meat or bandage, anyway. At least they can self-rage with it, if needed to.

That poor wasted ring space. It's like someone leaving an empty ring space before DMSing, y they no grab fitness or something?!

Bandage and meat heals only you and doesn't generate quite as much aggro as diagnose.

Quote:

Just for example, two of my mules never bothered with meat. They didn't need it, I didn't see the point of having it after a while, and still they have all buffs on CL 10.0 or 11.0.

I know some people who never had meat and/or wish and yet they survived every part of zOMG! Without having to have it. Are you telling me those people aren't ready to DMS?

I disagree then, because I saw some of those people play so much better than some 11.6s out there.

And my mule has all the buffs CL10 and reasonable rings with 3k TC but the thing is I knew not to blow my orbs on gumshoe and to keep buffs and not to salvage them, a thing some newbs may not know.

Quote:

There is nothing wrong with being the one who will explain the basics. It doesn't take even three minutes to do that, trust me, I do it all the time.

And there's nothing wrong with saying sorry, you don't have enough rings, maybe you should go PS and level up more buffs/rings like slash, hack, etc...

Then kick them to find someone else.

Quote:

I guess it's because we have different viewpoint. I don't see a point in bitching in forum instead of trying to help those newbs. Giving people a chance sometimes makes wonders and can make awesome players out of them.

On the other hand, just ditching them would make them feel bad and perhaps loose interest. Why do that to anyone?

Not like they'll ever see it, apparently newbs don't feel like Googling stuff or even checking out the forums because if they did they would know better than to try to DMS with aoes and no buffs.

And it's not like I'm kicking them without telling them what to fix.
It's telling them, kicking them, and hoping they go somewhere more level appropriate to level up their rings so they can DMS without being a nuisance

aBADcold's Waifu

Sweet Lunatic

37,575 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
happyprincesslol

I've noticed that too and accidents like that happen but the real irritating bit is when the leaders try to accommodate these people. They may not have all the right buffs and a low enough TC to tell that they obviously haven't got anything better (I mean, you can level up the right rings to Cl10 with a low TC but that requires knowing what rings are valuable and where they would come in handy which these people obviously don't know) and yet these leaders will waste time trying to swap buffs or fix ring sets instead of just kicking. and to be fair why the hell would anyone create a mule just to dms when they could just use their mains.

gosh. i really just need to let out some steam because this is really getting irritating. like, i'd leave crews when i see leaders doing this.

We've all gotta start from somewhere and it just feels wrong to kick right after one adds them. One bad turn only teaches another. Then again this is why I am almost never leader.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

funny choice of words, im pretty sure out of the two of us you're the real p***y here.
i'm strictly talking about vaginas
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

of course you are.
i'd be surprised if you weren't talking about vaginas.

IRL Cat

happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

of course you are.
hicks watch chicks with dicks do tricks for kicks

Rainbow Nerd

happyprincesslol
Again, difference of opinion. I stated my reason why in DMS I'd prefer meat over bandage, and I think it's a pretty reasonable reason.

You'll change that soon, don't worry.

Quote:

Ring drop rates, at least for me, are quite low in DMS so I still don't think DMS is the place to be to get rings leveled up fast. And last I checkering drops were random, it has nothing to do with what rings you already have. Then again, I could be wrong. Still, you can still salvage lower level repeat rings plus when farming you get massive amounts of orbs anyway.

When I took my mule to DMS, each run I got at least 3 rings. Usually the ones I already have.

Quote:

They're not bitchy and there's just nothing to work around. When doing regular DMS only one person should be healing and that's the tank. Healing anyone else aside form yourself is just going to make the tanks job harder, another reason why people don't bring wish in regular.

Side note: some tanks do ask for wish in YM but thats just cause they want a BU, but just taking wish isn't really a thing.

And yet, you still take bandage/meat with you.

Quote:

That poor wasted ring space. It's like someone leaving an empty ring space before DMSing, y they no grab fitness or something?!

Are you joking? You have to be, right? Why would someone leave an empty ring space in DMS? Because they can't decide what to bring, obviously. Two buffs, Four attacks, fitness/integrity, it's seven rings, and you still have one space free 'just in case' which can save your whole crew. Obviously, especially since YOU don't trust Tanks.

It's one of the smartest decisions to do that, if you have high enough level, but you'll get to that eventually, when you play a lot.

Quote:

Bandage and meat heals only you and doesn't generate quite as much aggro as diagnose.

You failed to read my post again. NOT use it and just for selfrage. People are self-raging in empty rooms. No aggro stolen there.

Quote:

And my mule has all the buffs CL10 and reasonable rings with 3k TC but the thing is I knew not to blow my orbs on gumshoe and to keep buffs and not to salvage them, a thing some newbs may not know.

Once again, THAT has nothing to do with my post. I was pointing out that judging just by the meat is stupid. You said nothing to that.

Quote:

And there's nothing wrong with saying sorry, you don't have enough rings, maybe you should go PS and level up more buffs/rings like slash, hack, etc...

Then kick them to find someone else.

How many times WOULD they have enough rings if people just tried to accomodate with buffs etc?

Quote:

Not like they'll ever see it, apparently newbs don't feel like Googling stuff or even checking out the forums because if they did they would know better than to try to DMS with aoes and no buffs.

I never met person in front of DMS with NO buffs. They always have at least two, funnily enough. And usually I find they can make their set without AOE as well.

I play MMORPGs daily. There is a lot of them, and once again, I was never bothered googling first and then playing. And well, I had never anyone kick me, on the other hand all the way back, when I was sEBing my first time I had great people alter my ringset a bit and help me with my first run. It helped a lot and I could lead the crews for sEB from then on. I'm pretty sure you have no idea what it was to do third switch without meat in sEB way, and all that, so I'm not going to explain, but I still think, that people can WORK with rings, they can help with the ringset instead of saying "I'm sorry, but one of your rings sucks go away and come back when you have it up'.

Why? Your DPS is messed up anyway, if you take meat and bandage, which I'm sure you do, for selfrage, one weaker ring on 10.0 won't make such a difference.

I wonder how long you play DMS and what's your level right now.

Friendly Friend

12,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko
happyprincesslol
curtneko

of course you are.
hicks watch chicks with dicks do tricks for kicks

i want to hit you with a brick like the chick did to the d**k.
idek, i can't rhyme
Gemenice

When I took my mule to DMS, each run I got at least 3 rings. Usually the ones I already have.

What about getting new rings? I still hold to it that it'd just be easier for them to PS to get the rings.

Quote:

And yet, you still take bandage/meat with you.

I don't. I just insist that lower CLs who are DMSing with say, newer tanks do. And I never take both, nor do I think it's necessary to take both no matter a person's CL. But I do think that lower CLs should take at least one when DMSing, preferably meat imo.

Quote:

Are you joking? You have to be, right? Why would someone leave an empty ring space in DMS? Because they can't decide what to bring, obviously. Two buffs, Four attacks, fitness/integrity, it's seven rings, and you still have one space free 'just in case' which can save your whole crew. Obviously, especially since YOU don't trust Tanks.

No, I'm being totally serious (!). Cant you tell?

Quote:

You failed to read my post again. NOT use it and just for selfrage. People are self-raging in empty rooms. No aggro stolen there.

Then they should bring bandage. No room for diagnose anywhere in YM unless you're speeding or tanking.

Quote:

I never met person in front of DMS with NO buffs. They always have at least two, funnily enough. And usually I find they can make their set without AOE as well.

I play MMORPGs daily. There is a lot of them, and once again, I was never bothered googling first and then playing. And well, I had never anyone kick me, on the other hand all the way back, when I was sEBing my first time I had great people alter my ringset a bit and help me with my first run. It helped a lot and I could lead the crews for sEB from then on. I'm pretty sure you have no idea what it was to do third switch without meat in sEB way, and all that, so I'm not going to explain, but I still think, that people can WORK with rings, they can help with the ringset instead of saying "I'm sorry, but one of your rings sucks go away and come back when you have it up'.

Well then, youre lucky for not encountering people like that.

I'm pretty sure I can sprout this line you so commonly like sprouting: you missed the point I made.

Just because they have two buffs doesn't mean that's enough. Just because they're now CL10.2 thanks to your kindness wont make their lack of buffs any less a hassle to work with next time. Neither will their ring set. You let them keep diagnose? Cool for you, the next time they want a crew? Still a hassle for them and their next crew; theyre still gunna get the diagnose is a wasted ring space speech. Still lacking buffs? Still gunna be a hassle. Still missing adren/knife? Still going to bother another crew. Still carrying aoes because 1 aoe doesn't make a difference? Still a hassle. And maybe not to you but to someone else who may not have the time and patience you do to waste.

One day at PS with double orb will get them their buffs, so why don't they just do that.

Quote:
I wonder how long you play DMS and what's your level right now.

but it's not the CL that matters it's the person(!)

see what i did there? either way, i never said i carried both i said i just suggest that lower CLs bring meat or bandage and since i prefer meat i said meat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff