Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you care about TC?

No, I don't need a number to define my "skills". 0.47692307692308 47.7% [ 31 ]
Kind of. It depends who I am with. 0.44615384615385 44.6% [ 29 ]
Yes. They mean how skillful I am. 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 65 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Salty Aggressor

I use double orbs to get orbs...For making orb aggs..

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
My TC is the best ever. 3nodding

0 ftw. emotion_awesome

Deathly Protagonist

50,365 Points
  • Charging Power 75
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • ReAnimated 50
Because people with 300k+ always make me feel small eek

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
Depends on the number I think because there are those who have all rings at CL. 10 with a TC. lower than 100k. Personally never cared about it. It used to mean something back before orb doublers, though. I hardly ever used them myself and I do have a 200k+ TC, but that just shows that I didn't have much of a life outside of zOMG. P:

I remember it being pretty big amongst alot of the regular old zOMGains that I used to crew with. Now it's just a number of how many useless orbs you've acquired over the length of time you've played the game. Atleast that's how I see it. sweatdrop

Tipsy Bloodsucker

8,125 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
I hate it when they use TC as a reference for being fit to crew..like sometimes,yeah..but I can have 15k TC and be an 11.8...while some others have 90k TC and are just 10.1...

xP I usually get what's just enough for me to level up. I don't hoard. When my rings are 10.0,I stop gathering orbs and go off to gather shorbs.Though during the period dms wasn't open yet to everyone,I'd just do SS for the gold and get extra useless orbs there

Familiar Noob

I have exactly 0 TC.
Man i'm proud. xD

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
People should see someone's TC to verify if gaian is a genuine 10.0 CL. But other than that, its for the number luls :u

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
I'm proud of my insanely high TC. 4laugh

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Silk Kanishk

Not even gold and silver can

it used to have faster TC upgrade by playing smob/smeb before DMS :u
I dunno but thats probably me.
Whats your TC?

break the two of us...

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
xSaiph
Silk Kanishk

Whats your TC?

break the two of us...

Haven't checked in a while but it's definitely 150K plus. All that smebbing. emotion_jawdrop

Durem Phantom

10,600 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Silk Kanishk
xSaiph
Silk Kanishk

Whats your TC?

break the two of us...

Haven't checked in a while but it's definitely 150K plus. All that smebbing. emotion_jawdrop

nice biggrin I reached 30TC with all that smobbing :u
reached 52TC by DMS YM/GR/BL

break the two of us...

Destructive Bunny

People still care about TC? emotion_facepalm

My mule is CL 12 with 9k TC. It means absolutely nothing.

Bashful Sex Symbol

I personally feel that obsession with TC is a combination of two things.

Firstly, other people care about TC. Someone who's relatively new to the game hears people talking about TC and has their TC used as a benchmark of their fitness to crew, which gives them the impression that it's important. Even if they later begin to frequent the forums and find out it's really not, they'll still have the subconscious idea that a higher TC automatically means a better player. TC used to be important back when zOMG! was new and orbs were a stark raving b***h to come by, but the decline in impact on gameplay didn't necessarily mean a decline in the impression of importance.

Secondly, it's a stat that the game keeps track of. Games don't keep track of stats that aren't important. Again, TC had a purpose back in 2008, which is probably why the stat is available in the first place; it just wasn't removed as the game's tactics, community, and age devalued TC as a measurement of experience. I thought TC was important when I first started simply because I couldn't see why the game would keep track of it otherwise.

Nowadays it's possible to have all rings at 10.0 with a TC of 5k and most people have TCs of 20k+, so it is essentially a useless stat that the game just never stopped keeping track of, but it's fairly easy to see why some people might assume it's important.

IRL Cat

eventually someone's gonna come in here arguing how tc is an accurate way to judge someone's adeptness at the game, and then storm out calling the forum/community stubborn when everyone disagrees

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff