Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Cat

silent hart
curtneko
silent hart
curtneko
silent hart
But that isn't where my "crew with friends" was targeting, I was pointing that out to those who already have their resources.
you were, but shannon's wording definitely made her post far more general as she could have easily said "kenny doesn't have to help" (which was my mindset when replying to you, considering you were replying to her...)

What?
xD
That might have been her intent, but I took it differently, and my response to it was as I explained already, curtneko.
Sorry, man, but even if you're trying to clarify for her, you can't expect me to already know this. That wasn't how I saw it, and sure as hell I wouldn't be the only one to feel that way.
if she wasn't talking about players in general she wouldn't have said "not everyone", nor was her post the only "general" one (as opposed to being directed at kenny)

Uhm, this isn't literature, just because there are certain phrases to write in order to implicate the message, doesn't mean it can be taken any other way. That's how I read it, regardless if the specific parties weren't aforementioned. If you want to be specific in implying a message, then BE specific. She was not. Hence, it was free to interpretation.

I'm done having to go in circles with this argument, good luck.
i don't see why you wouldn't take it the same as you would literature, english is english

saying "not everyone wants to" was plenty specific for applying to players in general considering she could have said "kenny doesn't want to" if she was referring to only kenny

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
curtneko
silent hart
curtneko
silent hart
But that isn't where my "crew with friends" was targeting, I was pointing that out to those who already have their resources.
you were, but shannon's wording definitely made her post far more general as she could have easily said "kenny doesn't have to help" (which was my mindset when replying to you, considering you were replying to her...)

What?
xD
That might have been her intent, but I took it differently, and my response to it was as I explained already, curtneko.
Sorry, man, but even if you're trying to clarify for her, you can't expect me to already know this. That wasn't how I saw it, and sure as hell I wouldn't be the only one to feel that way.
if she wasn't talking about players in general she wouldn't have said "not everyone", nor was her post the only "general" one (as opposed to being directed at kenny)

Uhm, this isn't literature, just because there are certain phrases to write in order to implicate the message, doesn't mean it can be taken any other way. That's how I read it, regardless if the specific parties weren't aforementioned. If you want to be specific in implying a message, then BE specific. She was not. Hence, it was free to interpretation.

I'm done having to go in circles with this argument, good luck.

IRL Cat

silent hart
curtneko
silent hart

What?
xD

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
curtneko
silent hart

What?
xD

IRL Cat

Feral Appetence
gooey geyser
looks like somebody is an intolerant narrow minded a** rolleyes
Not everybody has been playing the game for years.
Not everybody has been playing long enough to learn the in-game slang or playing styles.

Why don't you help them, or show them a guide instead of being a d**k head about it.
If they're 10-10.5 CL, they should at least know what those terms are, imo. That's like going to PS and not knowing how to R4.
knowing player-coined terms =/= knowing game mechanics

IRL Cat

silent hart

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
curtneko

It's very simple for people "LIKE" the OP, and people "LIKE" me, who have connections.
See, I know already my resources in order to avoid crewing with people who need additional help.
So "sticking to friends" is simple for people "LIKE" me, and if we're going to argue about people who don't know their resources, then yes, "friends" would be difficult to do and therefore you must face situations like this one.

IRL Cat

silent hart
curtneko
silent hart
curtneko
silent hart

Then stick to friends ?
Problem solved.
the problem with that is not everyone has friends or plays frequently enough to make friends

Yep. That is a problem you will face then on frequent moments where you crew with people you have no idea about.
And I think that is pretty irrelevant to the situation.
Also, if one is that concern about facing problems where they would have to help others know the ways of DMS, then it's safe to say that they should make a post here listing requirements. Does it take time? Yes, but that is your chance of avoiding these situations.

you said "stick to friends" because that would be extremely easy for you to accomplish considering you have many friends who actively play zomg

someone who doesn't have friends or isn't on frequently enough to make friends cannot "stick to friends" since everyone would be a random to them

as well, not everyone knows that this forum even exists so that puts anyone who needs help back to square one

You're incorrect Curtneko.
I'm not an active member anymore in a zOMG! It's very random/rare for me to play, and when I do, I crew with people I don't know.

I already know what I could possibly face, and sometimes it doesn't go well, so I leave, but I don't judge people for not doing certain things the way "I would" or for not knowing what is "common."

I am pretty sure Kenny knows plenty of friends who play zOMG, and even if he didn't anymore because he's been inactive, when you come to zOMG to play certain areas, one should expect the unexpected?

And sorry curtneko, but we're not talking about just anyone here, we're talking about a player who has been active in the zOMG! forum, so your point to me appears invalid in this case.
i never said it's something you do, i said it's something you could accomplish which is 100% correct

i wasn't trying to prove a point that you'd have to read between the lines to figure out, i was merely pointing out that your "stick to friends" suggestion is not as simple as you make it out to be in a general sense (as shannon, the person you quoted, said "not everyone" rather than "kenny doesn't'')

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
curtneko
silent hart
curtneko
silent hart
Shannon-Jeva
gooey geyser

I'm gonna play the a*****e card here and say that not everyone wants to help people.

Then stick to friends ?
Problem solved.
the problem with that is not everyone has friends or plays frequently enough to make friends

Yep. That is a problem you will face then on frequent moments where you crew with people you have no idea about.
Also, if one is that concern about facing problems where they would have to help others know the ways of DMS, then it's safe to say that they should make a post here listing requirements. Does it take time? Yes, but that is your chance of avoiding these situations.

you said "stick to friends" because that would be extremely easy for you to accomplish considering you have many friends who actively play zomg

someone who doesn't have friends or isn't on frequently enough to make friends cannot "stick to friends" since everyone would be a random to them

as well, not everyone knows that this forum even exists so that puts anyone who needs help back to square one

You're incorrect Curtneko.
I'm not an active member anymore in a zOMG! It's very random/rare for me to play, and when I do, I crew with people I don't know.

I already know what I could possibly face, and sometimes it doesn't go well, so I leave, but I don't judge people for not doing certain things the way "I would" or for not knowing what is "common."

I am pretty sure Kenny knows plenty of friends who play zOMG, and even if he didn't anymore because he's been inactive, when you come to zOMG to play certain areas, one should expect the unexpected?

And sorry curtneko, but we're not talking about just anyone here, we're talking about a player who has been active in the zOMG! forum, so your point to me appears invalid in this case.

IRL Labtech

silent hart
Shannon-Jeva
gooey geyser

I'm gonna play the a*****e card here and say that not everyone wants to help people.

Then stick to friends ?
Problem solved.

Well, yeah, I do that already.

IRL Cat

silent hart
curtneko
silent hart
Shannon-Jeva
gooey geyser

Then stick to friends ?
Problem solved.

Explorer

gurl please, that is not the worst. i had made a thread about one of my chats. some b*****d actually was only allowing us to bring a select few of rings into shallow seas. i swear every time i try to complete the endboss once more something happens or i cant find anyone in site. this one b***h jane ( i still remember) was bringing dervish, and all those other shitty rings for smeb and tried to tell me whats up. get it together.

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
curtneko
silent hart
Shannon-Jeva
gooey geyser

Then stick to friends ?
Problem solved.

IRL Cat

silent hart
Shannon-Jeva
gooey geyser

Then stick to friends ?
Problem solved.

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
Shannon-Jeva
gooey geyser

Then stick to friends ?
Problem solved.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas