Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweetest Doll

22,500 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
The time's up, guys. If we're going by the last announcement they made, zOMG will officially be taken down today for "maintenance."

Honestly, this just spells out D-O-O-M for me. I don't believe that anything good will come of this or that any improvements will be made. I believe that these passed few weeks were our very last days playing this game. Everyone's free to think and believe what they wish.

But just look at the rest of the site and how much it's deteriorated and ask yourself, TRULY ask yourself this:

If Gaia doesn't care that the rest of the site is crashing and burning, why on EARTH would they actually fix zOMG?

Militant Humorist

11,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Heckler 50
PEYA SAKANO

If Gaia doesn't care that the rest of the site is crashing and burning, why on EARTH would they actually fix zOMG?

They won't. There is no way anyone at that place is even planning on putting zOMG back up. This is clearly just a way for them to shut it down with less belly-aching.

Sweetest Doll

22,500 Points
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
Mazelle
PEYA SAKANO

They won't. There is no way anyone at that place is even planning on putting zOMG back up. This is clearly just a way for them to shut it down with less belly-aching.

Well, when zOMG goes, this site goes because I guarantee that they'll lose most of their users when they announce that zOMG "couldn't be fixed."

Tenacious Sage

Personally I'm not gonna bye into doomsday thoughts since in the first one I do remember reading saying that it won't shut down, and I don't think Gaia is gonna be stupid enough to say that then shut it down (yes they've done it to other games, but it was months after that claim and not part of the announcement "set" wink So personally, I'm gonna look forward to the server glitches being fixed ouo
See, everyone says that when their favorite games are about to be cut off too you know.
It's a typical reaction enough but eventually you do find something better to invest time in.
Personally I think of the old players here as fanatics that won't change their opinions on anything.
The people with rationality has already left and moved on.

Shy Browser

10,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Contributor 150
they'll probably do exactly WHAT they're saying they're gonna do and nothing else. I don't expect zOMG! to be any better or worse honestly. better as in: awesome NEW things
I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see if they will at least update it somewhat or improve its performance as intended for this maintenance. I do believe that if they do remove zomg, alot of users will become very upset. Lets just wait it out and see what they say

Perfect Saint

Even at the zOMG's peak, I doubt most of Gaia were actually playing it, nowadays, even less so. Aside from the forum, rally and maybe, Towns far outranked zOMG in terms of population density. That was and is the problem for the game since it failed to get as many users playing it as they wanted. zOMG just appears to encompass someone's Gaia's experience, but there is a much bigger world out there. Hopefully, you'll get to find some home(s) outside zOMG in the meantime. I know I have.

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
It'll be a month before we hear about progress. Two months before they say "It's taking longer than we thought." Six months, "We broke it. Sorry guys! Here are all of those ingredients you need for Alchemy in a cash shop bundle."

burning_eyes

Mega Mage

Think about it this way; zOMG is being taken down for maintenance just in time for fall term to start! I don't know about you, but this will help me with my studies immensely. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff