Welcome to Gaia! ::

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Alright, maybe it's just me. But in one of the Final Fantasy games, isn't there a chocobo rancher named 'Bill' (I'm thinking from seven). And the battle avi; remind anyone else of Squall from VIII?

What do you guys think of the screenshots released thus far? And the other information given? It all reminds me of Final Fantasy crossed with some weird mutated Pokemon. Do you think this means Gaia is going to end up trying way to hard and pull elements from other well known games? Or do you think we're going to get something like Runescape? Any thoughts?
No, it reminds me of Maple Story.
Kitkumi
Alright, maybe it's just me. But in one of the Final Fantasy games, isn't there a chocobo rancher named 'Bill' (I'm thinking from seven). And the battle avi; remind anyone else of Squall from VIII?

What do you guys think of the screenshots released thus far? And the other information given? It all reminds me of Final Fantasy crossed with some weird mutated Pokemon.

Those were the first things I noticed :/.

And the animals look like those jelly-things from Ragnarok.

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Dragon_Fire1995
No, it reminds me of Maple Story.

That too. Also, because I'm curious, is the quote in your sig from the book 'Sabriel', said by Abhorsen?
My husband mentioned the Squall thing before I could xd I honestly don't remember the chocobo farmer from 7. Been too long since I played.

But, if you think about it, most of Gaia's creators are in their late 20's-early 30's. Why wouldn't there be a lot of parallels to FF7 and Pokemon? They splashed big 10 years ago.
Yesh, i thought the same about Rancher Bill XD He looks the same as in the games too :O (if you're able to give a shape to SD figures). The battle avy is Squall with 8 rings, 4 red and 4 blue :3

The monsters remind me to Ragnarok stuff...thats porin right there XD

8,600 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
Kitkumi

What do you guys think of the screenshots released thus far? And the other information given? It all reminds me of Final Fantasy crossed with some weird mutated Pokemon. Do you think this means Gaia is going to end up trying way to hard and pull elements from other well known games? Or do you think we're going to get something like Runescape? Any thoughts?

Yes, it does make me think of Squall, lol. I think that's the point......it's too simular. But I agree with that guy that posted earlier. It reminds me of Maple Story. As for the rancher.....I don't remember, haha.
Knowing Gaia, references to the FF series doesn't seem too far off. The screenshots are on par with what I was expecting. Honestly, I'm just scared it will be too easy and short. What's gonna keep me coming back after I blow through all the content?
I don't mind as long as gaia puts other monsters in it ^_^
I just hope the graphics don't end up like Runescapes.
Yeah, I noticed that he looked like Squall, too. The rancher's a coincidence, though, as he is a pre-existing character.

Wheezing Fatcat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gaia already pulls ideas from other popular sources. Just look at the donation items.
So yes, I'm pretty sure Gaia is going to be pulling lots of ideas from popular games. >.>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff