Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wow, looks like I'm screwed several times over. Not only does Firefox 3 not work for my system (10.3.9), but even if I did go get leopard and install a more recent browser, it wouldn't work ANYWAY because I happen to be one of the MANY people who uses an older PowerPC Mac.

-sigh-

Anyway, kudos to you for posting this. My first thought when I heard there was VOIP was "does it work with mac?" I didn't want to go spamming the forum with simple questions tho. razz Yay for people paying attention to macs, eh?

Saburoo's Spouse

thanks for the guide heart
its very helpful
Thanks for posting in my topic- great guide!

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Fionnabhair Aoife
Wow, looks like I'm screwed several times over. Not only does Firefox 3 not work for my system (10.3.9), but even if I did go get leopard and install a more recent browser, it wouldn't work ANYWAY because I happen to be one of the MANY people who uses an older PowerPC Mac.

-sigh-

Anyway, kudos to you for posting this. My first thought when I heard there was VOIP was "does it work with mac?" I didn't want to go spamming the forum with simple questions tho. razz Yay for people paying attention to macs, eh?

yeah i feel bad for you and other powerpc users. i was using an ibook and was playing zomg on it last year. and yeah, it is a shame all the new software updates do not work with powerpc now. sad

"viva powerpc!!!!!!" 4laugh

you're welcome guys. biggrin

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
question: what kind of internet connection do you have?

please feel free to reply to my question. want to see if this may be an issue to why users may not be able to be logged in to voip.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
added a note on push to talk. testing other key/combos as well.

Versatile Businesswoman

3,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Oh wow I didn't even notice the vivox icon next to my .Mac sync icon rofl

Thank you so much! heart

Versatile Cat

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Supreme Supporter 500
i tried the steps to get it to go log on but it's still grey... and not logged on. How do I get it to work?

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
garu23
i tried the steps to get it to go log on but it's still grey... and not logged on. How do I get it to work?

hmm.... :/ what kind of mac are you using? sometimes the icon will take a long time to turn green when you are on zomg. also, do you by chance know what your internet connection is?

(new note: the push to talk does not always work. tested it out with setting up various keys as the button for the feature but it never worked. if you random push the space bar, it will do the push to talk function, even if you already have keys set up. what i think: push to talk is buggy. needs to be worked on more and possibly report as a bug.)

Versatile Cat

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Supreme Supporter 500
scullylam
garu23

hmm.... :/ what kind of mac are you using? sometimes the icon will take a long time to turn green when you are on zomg. also, do you by chance know what your internet connection is?

(new note: the push to talk does not always work. tested it out with setting up various keys as the button for the feature but it never worked. if you random push the space bar, it will do the push to talk function, even if you already have keys set up. what i think: push to talk is buggy. needs to be worked on more and possibly report as a bug.)

Verizon Broadband
Mac OS X
Version 10.5.7
macbook

Also: I played through most of Shallow Seas in a crew and still it would not log on

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
that is really weird. it should work. :/ also, are you able to update to the mac 10.5.8? that is what i have and voip works.

seriously gaia needs to get the system requirement stats posted. confused

when you look at the voip icon menu, is everything grayed out for you? on firefox add-on section, the vivox plugin is enabled right? *goes look around settings*

okay. here are some things i want you to look at on your computer. first off, firefox.

go to firefox preferences>security>exceptions. look to see that gaia online's site is allowed.

the other random thing that may/may not help is go over to the advanced section. select network. up the mb storage in the offline storage section.

now, this part is for the computer itself.

go to your system preferences. select security (house with lock icon). go to the firewall tab and you should see a list of applications that will either have block/allow incoming connections. vivoxvoicemanager should be listed in this list. make this "allow".

let me know if any of this helps.

Sweet Sex Symbol

hmm, ok. well i switched my server over to firefox, but i still can't download the application.
btw, I have a mac.

also, i went to the zOMG link under games to see if the download option was there, but the computer just automatically sent me to a server without letting me choose from the list.

any help?

Sweet Sex Symbol

hmm, guess i'll try coming back later sweatdrop

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
so when you are on the server list page it will not have the image "get heard" appear for you?

yeah sometimes the game does that with sending you to a server without you getting to choose. you can reload the window so it should send you back to the server page.

this thread has the direct file links so you can just copy and paste the plugin in your browser and it should download for you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff