Doctor Who 0.27903682719547 27.9% [ 394 ]
Snooki 0.075779036827195 7.6% [ 107 ]
Spock 0.080736543909348 8.1% [ 114 ]
Yoda 0.1742209631728 17.4% [ 246 ]
new suggestions (please post) 0.072237960339943 7.2% [ 102 ]
Total Votes:[ 1412 ]

Mega Hoarder

Mavdoc
I learned of the big news last night too, and it was pretty sad to hear. sad With all the seemingly successful FB and iOS games Gaia was making, I was hoping this sort of thing was behind them. Maybe they aren't doing the job though profits-wise, who knows.

Anyway, given the recent news, we should definitely have the next meat focused on JK or even Pan, mlos or any of the other people who were laid off.

The special meating I made mention of last week was actually going to be the 3 year anniversary of the dev meat this Friday. But instead let's go with either a zurg theme for JK or a mourning theme for everyone who left Gaia which was suggested in this thread.

You guys can discuss it for a day if you'd like to decide on which route we should go before I post the Friday announcement. I'll also try to get JK to attend this Friday too.

Keep your heads up-- no one is gone for good so long as zOMG! and Gaia is still here! 3nodding

As I've already stated, I vote for a mourning theme. It just seems wrong to focus only on JK when so many hve lost their jobs, including pan and mlos.

Also, apparently Pan is also going in to making an iphone app... must be a popular thing to do, lol

Familiar Lunatic

Woah three years .____________.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
i vote doing both. make it combined. can wear black and be zurg at the same time. but, a lot of people were affected. even more artists.. so.. *shrug*

and there's a main thread announcement guys: here

if you not seen it, hopefully you can get to it now.

Devout Lunatic

25,125 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
I will do my best to manage some online time tomorrow to be around here.

I still don't know what I am feeling. I feel a heaviness in my heart, and yet hopeful.

It will be nice too to have other ex-members of staff join the meating.

Newbie Noob

Mavdoc
Just my two cents, but i agree with a mourning theme. Not only is it a sad day, but in this case the wrongful death of so many people's jobs.

sure, they say it's for "business reasons", but then hire a new CEO and a new CCS Admin and fire two or more employees. how they justify that is beyond me. gonk *edit.. my feelings about this are irrelevant, but i am rather put off by it.

Goodwill
1. An attitude of kindness or friendliness; benevolence.
2. Cheerful acquiescence or willingness.
3. A good relationship

*edited* On the other hand (since we have two)... i wonder if a type of surprise zOMG-prenup-"goodwill"-gathering for the "lovebirds" would be appropriate.

Evolved Lunatic

39,225 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Team Carl 200
im up for all of the above and even throw in a Be Your Favorite zOMG! character/event/what ever theme XD

Retro Punk

The mourning theme? IDK. I think we should celebrate them for all they've done for zomg and the community instead. You know keep it positive , wishing them success in their future?

How about " Good Wishes / Good Luck " theme or Just a Farewell/ Until Next time ! theme?

I tell you this though, the news ... they feel heavy... (−_−;)
I agree with Guin. A mourning theme doesn't seem appropriate. If anything. It seems like JK has more time to spend with us now instead. At least I hope so. razz A good will theme sounds more appropriate.

Mega Hoarder

GuinAoiichi
The mourning theme? IDK. I think we should celebrate them for all they've done for zomg and the community instead. You know keep it positive , wishing them success in their future?

How about " Good Wishes / Good Luck " theme or Just a Farewell/ Until Next time ! theme?

I tell you this though, the news ... they feel heavy... (−_−;)

getting fired, like death, is a door opening to the next thing.

we can still mourn for the end of the first thing.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
well, i am wearing my first zomg outfit. it's black so whatever. xd and as far as what i think, it should still be a tribute to all the staff that aren't around anymore. sure jk is going to be fine, moving on with his life, etc. and sure we all should be happy but some of us are still now learning about what has happened. so i would rather still stick to mourning right now, but we can still be positive at the meet and here, etc. everyone goes through these situations at a different pace. some may be completely over it now. some may still be in shock. heck i am probably still in shock but really all i am is still sleepy right now. why am i even on here and typing this out?! xd

anyway, i'll see you guys later. xd

Familiar Lunatic

K, got my speech ready:

An era ends, it sucks.
A new one starts, hopefully great.
KISS THE DAMN' BRIDE ALREADY.

Done? Nope, k. Take your time. I'm taking pictures.

Over? Great.
Now let's STOMP
ALL NIGHT
'TIL THE MORNING LIGHT

Or go cry in a corner, wtv.
I'm payed by the hour >:U

Hmm, maybe I should go for Daft's One More Time, has more universal recognition/appeal ¯3¯
Eh, love this one too much. Feels so great.
This whole event has caused people to go through a myriad of different emotions like shock, anger, sadness, disgust, hope, a sense of friendship and feeling grateful... but one thing remains constant throughout. The love for all the work and passion that those people brought to Gaia everyday. They were also your friends, and just like any other Gaian you knew (except maybe with dev superpowers wink ).

Since there are a lot of ways that people have reacted to the news, the theme for today is to reflect your own experiences, emotions or outlook on the people who recently left Gaia. This could include a zurg or UFO outfit for JK, a feature or event that reminds you of Pan, a large QA testing avatar like mlos or maybe your special outfit when you first crewed with him. biggrin

You could also show your mourning as the theme, or celebrate their time at Gaia and cheer for their future endeavors. Whatever those special devs mean to you. 3nodding

This is a meat you don't want to miss-- there is a good chance we might get a special guest(s) to attend tonight! eek

Let's gather at our original hangout location tonight so anyone can easily attend if they'd like: Barton Fountain! We'll congregate on Bladed Vase server at 5pm PST today.

Let's show them how much they are cared for! heart

Wheezing Warlord

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make this one.
But I've altered my avatar for the occasion, anyway.
~☠

Blessed Wolf

got my zomg memorabilia on :3

Mega Hoarder

I think this site is unusual in that we have been able to develop relationships with the staff. To me, that has made Gaia seem like a very friendly place to be, and I've felt like it was really almost an extended family.

It's a shame they've gotten rid of some of the people who most engendered that feeling.

I am dressing in mourning, for the loss of our friends from the staff of this site. I hope they go on to have great fortune in their new endeavors, but I am still sad they won't be working here any more.

besides I think I look darn good in black!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff