Total Votes:[ 1412 ]

Mega Hoarder

Binary Mess
RafiCat
Binary Mess
Mavdoc
Binary Mess
Mavdoc
The nation has been shaken recently from a terrorist act in Boston. Again we realize how vulnerable we can be living in a free country, but refuse to give in to acts of terror, and instead come together and grow stronger because of it.

Now with one terrorist on the run and one dead, our brave law enforcement community continues to work relentlessly to protect the people they serve, with one officer giving his life to put a stop to them.

The Boston Marathon was attacked, but will return next year bigger and better than ever. Let's commemorate the resiliency and courage of the rescuers, victims and authorities of this event and hold our own Marathon in Barton.

Feel free to dress as a runner, spectator, law enforcement (police, FBI, SWAT etc.) or anyone else that you'd like to represent during the course of this entire week long incident.

We'll meat in Barton Town next to the Love building on Bladed Vase server today at 5pm PST. Bring your love of Boston, your country, and people of the world who cherish peace. heart

Even the bombers themselves?

I'd rather not focus any attention to the cowards who orchestrated this, but on the survivors themselves.

If there is a motive for such sorrow then they are not cowards for they have the strength to violently carry out their motives which shows that we are all capable of such sorrow too.
If there isn't, then that is cowardly.
I have respect for the deceased and stricken but at the same time, we should ponder the motives deeply to better understand why terrorism is such a threat even if the war against it costs lives. Much like how many lab rats died to provide us medicine that works.

sorry, I must disagree with this.

it is cowardly to attack innocent people, who had nothing to do with whatever their complaint is, assuming they had any legitimate complaint.

But that is what helps terrorism become so prominent but people overlook motives that goes into character development and focus on grieving as if the deceased and stricken would only need.
Would you be more scared of terrorists attacking someone you know of for certain or someone that is completely random that it makes you scared to even go outside?

no difference.

they are cowards. and wrong in every way. there is no excuse for killing innocent people, and very little excuse for ever killing another human. it doesn't matter how or why they got to that point. imo, anyone who kills is in need of psychological help.
Binary Mess
Mavdoc
Binary Mess
Mavdoc
The nation has been shaken recently from a terrorist act in Boston. Again we realize how vulnerable we can be living in a free country, but refuse to give in to acts of terror, and instead come together and grow stronger because of it.

Now with one terrorist on the run and one dead, our brave law enforcement community continues to work relentlessly to protect the people they serve, with one officer giving his life to put a stop to them.

The Boston Marathon was attacked, but will return next year bigger and better than ever. Let's commemorate the resiliency and courage of the rescuers, victims and authorities of this event and hold our own Marathon in Barton.

Feel free to dress as a runner, spectator, law enforcement (police, FBI, SWAT etc.) or anyone else that you'd like to represent during the course of this entire week long incident.

We'll meat in Barton Town next to the Love building on Bladed Vase server today at 5pm PST. Bring your love of Boston, your country, and people of the world who cherish peace. heart

I'd rather not focus any attention to the cowards who orchestrated this, but on the survivors themselves.

If there is a motive for such sorrow then they are not cowards for they have the strength to violently carry out their motives which shows that we are all capable of such sorrow too.
I have respect for the deceased and stricken but at the same time, we should ponder the motives deeply to better understand why terrorism is such a threat even if the war against it costs lives. Much like how many lab rats died to provide us medicine that works.

To me anyone who would sneak in with bombs and maim innocent civilians and kill children and young people in the prime of their life while trying not to be caught for ANY cause is a coward. This action is the equivalent of stabbing an unsuspecting person in the back and shows no signs of anything that could be respected.

I totally agree we need to learn from these two and see how they could commit such acts and try to understand their beliefs or way of thinking. Last night, I was really distraught when I heard the first terrorist was killed. I'd much rather that he was captured and understood than silenced.
RafiCat
Binary Mess
RafiCat
Binary Mess
Mavdoc

sorry, I must disagree with this.

it is cowardly to attack innocent people, who had nothing to do with whatever their complaint is, assuming they had any legitimate complaint.

But that is what helps terrorism become so prominent but people overlook motives that goes into character development and focus on grieving as if the deceased and stricken would only need.
Would you be more scared of terrorists attacking someone you know of for certain or someone that is completely random that it makes you scared to even go outside?

no difference.

they are cowards. and wrong in every way. there is no excuse for killing innocent people, and very little excuse for ever killing another human. it doesn't matter how or why they got to that point. imo, anyone who kills is in need of psychological help.

Striking innocent people shows your violent courage that it means what people don't see it as.
Striking innocent people affects you emotionally because you don't know them, they use that terrorist tactic so somebody would bother to analyze it but they would just be too busy wondering why they struck an innocent.
Mavdoc
Binary Mess
Mavdoc
Binary Mess
Mavdoc

To me anyone who would sneak in with bombs and maim innocent civilians and kill children and young people in the prime of their life while trying not to be caught for ANY cause is a coward. This action is the equivalent of stabbing an unsuspecting person in the back and shows no signs of anything that could be respected.

I totally agree we need to learn from these two and see how they could commit such acts and try to understand their beliefs or way of thinking. Last night, I was really distraught when I heard the first terrorist was killed. I'd much rather that he was captured and understood than silenced.

You don't need words to show your beliefs but just an act that gets attention.
If that bomber had a motive or belief, he died as a martyr.
TigerLilyChick
Mavdoc
TigerLilyChick
I'm not going to be here again today. I'm doing Relay for Life in honor of my high school color guard instructor's mom, who died from cancer during my senior year marching season.

You're participating in something very worthwhile and being a hero for that cause, so you are much better served there. Hope you have a good time! biggrin

The team I'm on will be serving mocktails at the event. Do you want me to save you one?

Mmm, sounds good. Sure, thank you! mrgreen

Mega Hoarder

Binary Mess
Mavdoc
Binary Mess
Mavdoc
Binary Mess
Mavdoc

not in my opinion. he's just a psycho a*****e and a coward.
RafiCat
Binary Mess
Mavdoc
Binary Mess
Mavdoc

not in my opinion. he's just a psycho a*****e and a coward.

Well psychopathy comes from brain damage and/or growing up in bad times and/or environments.
Study that if you will to see if it is still their fault.
Binary Mess
Mavdoc
Binary Mess
Mavdoc
Binary Mess
Mavdoc

Yeah, and it's really hard for people that don't share that belief to fully grasp that way of thinking. I believe we're not going to solve this whole problem just by killing more terrorists. It's like endlessly killing hornets without trying to find its nest, understand how the conditions exist there for it to flourish, and how it can continually spawn new hornets.

I've thought of this whole terrorist cause as almost a form of brainwashing too. How do you take a newly born child in that environment and bring him up with the belief that your God wants you to kill innocent people to spread your religion across the world and that dying for the cause will grant you 72 virgins in the afterlife.

It's ludicrous to any rational person. It reminds me of North Korea and the nationwide brainwashing of its people by their family of dictators. The things they are able to get them to believe is along these same lines.

So in that regard, I believe the worst terrorist in the world starts at birth with a clean, innocent slate and at some point gets corrupted. Trying to fix that corruption at the heart is the hard part, and I feel most times to be almost impossible.

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
i'm not even going to try and read back any pages. and this terrorism stuff... reminds me of 9/11. it's still fresh in my mind and i am sad that once again we have attacks on our homeland. mindless horrible attacks that prove nothing on both sides. and knowing some gaians are near the boston area, i hope they stayed safe.

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Mavdoc

Thank you Mavdoc and everyone else for this dev meat theme and for thinking about us. I live in the Boston area, not even 20 minutes away in one of the communities that was told to stay indoors today and not come out or answer the door unless it was police in uniform with their ID's. O_o! This is just a very odd experience I guess?I think it's just weird seeing a town on tv that you know so well. That Arsenal mall where the whole team of police and other law enforcements are situated in is a place I go to shop A LOT. Was just there this week. xD

It's an interesting week so far to say the least. The whole nation has their eyes on Boston now...at least U.S.A.

Retro Punk

i would like to attend . But work has me wiped.

Good meat theme. Make us proud. Unite zOMG Gains ! Unite.

Barton Sweetheart

Sadly won't be at the meet this week ( was going to try as well!) due getting up 4am to travel to a mandatory orientation tomorrow. But love the theme idea it is very sweet thinking behind it.

Platonic Purple Panda

It's an interesting week so far to say the least. The whole nation has their eyes on Boston now...at least U.S.A.

I would like to say its not just the nation a few international people have their eyes on Boston as well, hope you,family and friends are safe! Have been to Boston myself and must say it is a lovely place and one I would visit again if I ever get a chance, it has been odd looking and photos online of the lockdown.

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Zealand_Aquarius

I would like to say its not just the nation a few international people have their eyes on Boston as well, hope you,family and friends are safe! Have been to Boston myself and must say it is a lovely place and one I would visit again if I ever get a chance, it has been odd looking and photos online of the lockdown.

Thank you! My family is safe, my relatives around here are okay too. smile

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
I'll be attending this week, but I'll be pretty busy working on some sprite art.
I'm an employed man after all.
Platonic Purple Panda
Mavdoc

Thank you Mavdoc and everyone else for this dev meat theme and for thinking about us. I live in the Boston area, not even 20 minutes away in one of the communities that was told to stay indoors today and not come out or answer the door unless it was police in uniform with their ID's. O_o! This is just a very odd experience I guess?I think it's just weird seeing a town on tv that you know so well. That Arsenal mall where the whole team of police and other law enforcements are situated in is a place I go to shop A LOT. Was just there this week. xD

Wow, I didn't know you were so close to all this! eek That would be so bizarre to have all this happening in your own backyard. Good thing you are safe! From the news, it looks like this whole ordeal is *just* about to end with the guy cornered in a backyard boat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff