• Dig Dig Dig! 250
My_Soul_Has_Fallen

my old friend jzmajor as seen on his FAQ
Your rings are Soulbound.
Ultimately, this means (with a few exceptions):

• You cannot sell your rings.
  • You cannot trade your rings.
  • You cannot gift your rings.
  • When you receive a ring in the game, it is automatically Soulbound.

As I said, there are some exceptions to these rules; if you received your before the 8th of December 2008 then your rings are not Soulbound (as in, exempt from the above rules). This stands unless you equip the ring or rings in the game. Is in, placing them in the ring slots in your tool bar; if you do this, the ring you place in there will be Soulbound. This means the ring will follow the mentioned rules above.

There are three rings that will not be Soulbound, Sweet Heart, Fortune's Favour and Sugar RushONLY. With no Soulbinding, come some rules, you cannot Swap the CL of this ring with these rings, you are also unable to Salvage these rings. You are able to Sell, Trade and Gift these rings.

Then, you ask, why do I see rings for sale in the Marketplace?
As mentioned above, if you received a ring before the 8th of December 2008, then you are able to Trade, Sell and Gift them. People have decided to make a few hairy gold by selling them on the Marketplace.

But why are they Soulbound?
I want to make lots of money too. But, if you look at this graph,
User Image

You can see the effect of unsoulbound rings. Before the Soulbinding, the rings were near worthless with hundreds of rings in the Marketplace. This made it way to easy for people to buy their way through the game, you could buy all 40 rings at CL 10.0 for a total of the price of one ring today. But, then you look at the graph after Soulbinding came in place, the price goes up dramatically, this makes it harder or near impossible for people to buy their way through the game. Kudos to the developers for this idea!

For a more *cough* authoritative approach view Qixter's sticky about Soulbinding in the zOMG! Forum Archives.

Dug this up with a bit of searching. (sorry, MiIiyah, I kinda stole your post. Hope you don't mind.)

Newbie Noob

11,525 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
ll Caboodle ll
pixelfag

I understand that. I had a glitch on a previous profile in which I couldn't get my first ring. So I had to buy it in order to play the game. So, yes, I can see where you're coming from.

oh that would suck. why did u not report it has a bug. they would of helped you.
ll Caboodle ll
My_Soul_Has_Fallen

I don't have just one Dream AVI. I'm a multi cosplayer, as you can see. I have a few ideas of people in which I'd like to cosplay again, so the gold would help.

I am too. Grell is at the tippie top of my list! :3

lsaaac's Wife

Devoted Hunter

My_Soul_Has_Fallen
ll Caboodle ll
My_Soul_Has_Fallen

I don't have just one Dream AVI. I'm a multi cosplayer, as you can see. I have a few ideas of people in which I'd like to cosplay again, so the gold would help.

I am too. Grell is at the tippie top of my list! :3

Well, Rin was at the top of my list, lol. But I have him. Mainly cosplay the female version though. I also want my Vivi Neferarti cosplay back, along with my Wendy Marvell. Then there's also a Kane from Trigun one I wanna try out as well.

lsaaac's Wife

Devoted Hunter

pixelfag
ll Caboodle ll
pixelfag

I understand that. I had a glitch on a previous profile in which I couldn't get my first ring. So I had to buy it in order to play the game. So, yes, I can see where you're coming from.

oh that would suck. why did u not report it has a bug. they would of helped you.

I did report it. And they never responded. I understand how busy they are and all, so I decided to deal with it and just buy my own ring. It wasn't really a big deal. I believe it was only 100k around that time. -shrugs.-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff